[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting her on birth control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Hey /adv/. I need some help. I've been dating my gf for 6 months now and of course we are having sex. The problem that I've been having, is that she doesn't want to go on the pill or any form of birth control that is hormonal. We have talked about it before but so far there is no way of convincing her that the pill is the best option. She has heard stories of people getting bad side effects and other ailments from it. Her getting on the pill is NOT about me being able to have sex without condoms, its just about making sure we are as safe as possible. This has been really bothering me and I feel like this could be a big problem in the relationship. What do you guys think I should do?
>>
>>16540969
Has she talked to her doctor? There are non-hormonal forms of BC that she can use instead
>>
Have you told her how important this is to you?

Tell her all this.
>>
>>16540969
>I've been dating my gf for 6 months now and of course we are having sex.

Teach me.
>>
>>16541003
The main one that she has considered is the diaphragm. But we live in Montreal, so even though we have free health care it takes forever to either get your own private physicians, or it takes forever to get things done at a clinic. Since we are both in school and in exam time she doesn't have the time to go.
>>16541007
She knows how I feel about all this and that I've gone through pregnancy scares with an ex before and how It's something I don't want to go through with again. But when it comes to the pill ( Which I think its the best option because of its effectiveness/convenience) she doesn't want to use that. And I can't really force her since it's her body.
>>
>>16541063
Honestly, it sounds like she's already made her decision. There really isn't much you can do, unless you can somehow make getting non-hormonal BC easier for her.

>Which I think its the best option because of its effectiveness/convenience
DESU, the convenience factor is only because you're the guy in this relationship. She's the one that will have to deal with side effects, trips to the doctor to find a better pill, remembering to take the pill, remembering to bring the pill any time she travels, etc.

Also, if you're really doing this because you're afraid of pregnancy scares, her being on the pill wouldn't mean condomless sex.

Not trying to be combative, but really, take a look at your motives. And try to understand her position.
>>
>>16541219
that was supposed to be DESU, not fucking 'desu'
>>
>>16541225
I give up
>>
>>16540969
Have either of you thought about a non-hormonal iud?
>>
>>16541225
It's tbch and familia Anon.
Word filters fuck us all up desu.
>>
Get it for yourself
>>
>>16541219
Makes sence I guess. Thanks anon
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.