[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i get a gf
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1449070735529.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449070735529.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
How do i get a gf
>>
I don't know, if I would I wouldn't be lurking /adv/ so much.

>try to look your best whenever you leave the house
>talk to girls
>show interest but do not be a creep
>every rejection is a valuable experience

That and some luck, and skills, etc..
>>
Spend 3 years lifting and making money. Then spend the rest of your life doing the same.
>>
Honestly I started getting good at my passion and its finally starting to attract women. But then again I cook for almost 80-90 hours a week so I got gud. I might get a gf or fuck buddy on Monday wish me luck its be to long for me. You'll get there OP I'm not even good looking
>>
>>16531448
More like 3 months lifting.
>>
The biggest thing is to take care of yourself. You don't have to be perfect at this, but it does have to be clear that you are not neglecting yourself.

There are four areas in particular that you need attend to. Your body is the most straightforward. You don't need to be Mr. Clean here: if you practice basic hygeine and you could run a mile if you had to, that's enough.

Your mind is fuzzier. You don't need to be a paragin of sanity, but you do need to seek help for any issues you have. If you aren't obviously messed up, then the only other thing to rememember is how to answer the "What kinds of things are you interested in?" question. Make up a list, and look for answers that could be mistaken for the same thing by someone who doesn't have in-depth knowledge; when you find a set, cross out all but the first. When you're done with this, if your list still has at least three items that haven't been crossed out, you're good. If not, it's time to pick up something you always thought would be neat to learn, but never got around to; anything that wouldn't have to be crossed off your list will work.

Third is your social life. You don't need to be on everyone's A-list. But there does need to be a group of people that you enjoy hanging out with in real life from time to time. If you need to meet people, clubs related to your interests can be a good place to start. So can D&D groups. Sorry, but online-only friends do not count for this: you need face-to-face human contact.

And lastly, there's your wallet. Contrary to the redpill BS, you don't need to be rich, but you do need to keep up with your bills. Ideally, you also need your own place to stay; roommates are mostly OK, but parents are not unless there are extenuating circumstances (taking care of sick parents, for example).

These are important. If you aren't taking care of yourself in one of these ways, your dating pool will be restricted to other people who aren't taking care of themselves in that way either.
>>
>>16531536
What a surprise. Women are attracted to well rounded human beings.
>>
>>16531939
That isn't always true. I like a good fuck up, I feel like I can save them.
>>
>>16531434
Just try to have some fun and if you happen to pick up some girls at the same time then thati is great.
>>
>>16531945
Yeah I know. That's why I said "women" and not "girls."
>>
>>16531497
Different anon but 3 months isn't accurate even for dirty gains. Dyel faggot?
>>
>>16531536
I want to know, if money wasn't an issue... Like you were a rich spoiled prick that was used to getting whatever u want... How then would u go about getting a date?

In other words, do really rich yuppies just hire hookers all the time, or is there some prescribed networking thing they engage in to get in?
>>
>>16531986
>In other words, do really rich yuppies just hire hookers all the time, or is there some prescribed networking thing they engage in to get in?
I guess you could call it a kind of networking, but that term carries implications of formality and business dealing that aren't usually there (though that does happen sometimes). Most of it is basically the same sorts of social interaction that you or I might engage in: the places they do it (and the alcohol they're drinking) are usually more upscale, but that's the biggest difference by far.
>>
>>16531434
get rich
>>
>>16532085
Didn't help me. Wat do?
>>
>>16532104
expand search parameters
>>
>>16532113
I'm looking in 44 states at single women between 18 and 35 years old without children under 150lbs.

What do I expand?
>>
File: 1448535586257.jpg (148 KB, 1024x692) Image search: [Google]
1448535586257.jpg
148 KB, 1024x692
It takes some work, dude. If you're not willing to put in actual work, it won't happen. Focus on yourself first and foremost - and make 'you' interesting and self fulfilled. If you're happy with your life and what you can do, girls will likely fall into your lap. I picked up a gym membership, read material (Red Pill, among other things) which I applied to better myself, and started pushing myself outside of my comfort zone, including buying a motorcycle.

I put in some hard work and effort, and everything essentially fell into place. You need to stop being afraid of obstacles, and see them as a challenge to overcome. Get over your shallow ego that fears being rejected, fears failure, and push yourself to be the person you're meant to. The hardest part is getting started, so make your choice as to who you'd like to be, and start taking steps towards it.

Final note, when it comes to goal setting, tell yourself "I'm going to do/make/etc as much as I can by X day!" not "I'm going to do/make/etc this much by X day!" ... Notice the subtle difference? You'll be more happy and more successful because it won't feel like failure if you've moved forward, and you won't get complacent because you didn't set a defined goal.
>>
>>16532133
Furthermore, I started striking conversations with people, and attending more social events and the likes. Being social is a skill that gets rusty if you don't use it - so practice, practice, practice. What you do now won't mean shit when you're dead, so what the fuck are you afraid of?
>>
>>16531440
I second all of this. On Saturday night I made a little small chit-chat with a super qt that also goes to the same bar as me. I asked her number as I left (had to leave early-ish) and she gave it to me. Since then we've hung out 3 times and I feel butterflies in my stomach when I think about it. There's no way, I can't believe it, but all it took was looking nice outside of my house, talking to girls (made a lot of friends too), not going too hard, just being casual flirtatious.

Try it, what could be the worst?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.