[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to become closer to pen pal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: pen pal.png (202 KB, 347x260) Image search: [Google]
pen pal.png
202 KB, 347x260
When I was still a young girl, I befriended a young girl when I was travelling in Canada and I kept in contact with her. In the pre-internet days, we wrote letters to each other. Nowadays, we communicate via Facebook and email. However, since she lives in the middle of nowhere in Canada, the internet access there is very poor and she is rarely online. I feel like we are distancing ourselves from each other and we just chat about very general stuff around once every 2-3 months.

However, we have the "routine" of mailing each other presents annually during birthdays and Christmases. The presents I mail in one occasion tend to cost around $20. It can sometimes even cost more. Mailing fees are expensive and I don't use a lot of the presents she sent me. Over time, this has become repetitive and we tend to send similar stuff each year - notebooks, bracelets, pens, key chains, etc.

I would like to become closer to my pen pal. What is the best way to do this? I am an introvert and over self conscious. Now that I am older and can probably survive overseas by myself for two weeks, I am thinking about visiting her (vice versa is hard as I live in a big city and we won't be able to accommodate her in our small apartment), but it seems a bit odd to suddenly say that I will drop by.
>>
You again? Didn't get enough attention last time?
>>
>>16531175
The question I ask is somewhat different this time
> I am thinking about visiting her (vice versa is hard as I live in a big city and we won't be able to accommodate her in our small apartment), but it seems a bit odd to suddenly say that I will drop by.
Should I just suggest this?
>>
Go just go!
>>
>>16531205
I don't want to just drop by in a foreign country
>>
>>16531209
The syrian refugees didn't want it too, but hey, gotta do it.
>>
>>16531216
I'm not a homeless refugee, geez
It also seems rude to just drop by as a surprise
>>
>>16531155
ask her if you can visit her?
>>
>>16531241
I find it awkward though
>>
>>16531155
"I have some time off coming up and was thinking about travelling. Would you like to meet up if my travels take me in your direction?"
>>
>>16531326
Ok thanks
Can I start with joking about visiting her and seeing how she reacts?
>>
>>16531262
just ask and see what happens
>>
>>16531331
That is obvious, and literally made me cringe.

"Hey! I have some time off and was thinking of traveling a little. We haven't seen each other in forever, hint hint."
>>
>>16531510
>That is obvious, and literally made me cringe.
Sorry I don't understand what you are trying to say
English is not my first language
>>
>>16531155
>canadian

Don't do it OP. I was in the SAME boat as you, knew someone for 2 years from online conversations. Almost daily, they invited ME to go up there to visit. I was really excited, they said a bunch of fun stuff we could do when I arrived.

When I arrived they couldn't spend 5 minutes alone with me, constant excuses about how busy she was and how she was too "sad" to want to go out.

I don't even speak to the bitch since then but I REALLY caution you against this, I thought she and I were really good friends but in reality she couldn't even go get food with me after I flew all the way out to visit her.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.