[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I fear mortality?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: de.jpg (186 KB, 1024x785) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
186 KB, 1024x785
Why do I fear mortality?
>>
>>16525910
Because you have attachments and a identity you cling to.
>>
>>16525910
Because you're afraid of dying.

It's pretty reasonable, although think about it, once you're dead, it's over. No more taxes, ex girlfriends, or shitpost /adv/ threads.

Instead of being afraid of dying, why not relish the moments that you're alive?
>>
>>16525932
Is that what you do?
>>
>>16525932
So its not so bad then?
>>
>>16525934
Well yeah.

There's good times, and also bad times. Live for the good times, and realize that they wouldn't be good without the bad.

You only get a certain amount of time, and something that everyone has to deal with. Might as well move on from that fact, and spend your time enjoying life, rather than fearing death.

Live to live, not to die.
>>
>>16525910
There's this guy that I think has it out for me, but I'm not sure. What do I do?
>>
>>16525941
Nah.
>>
Don't worry mang everyone does.

It's just one of those fears we put aside until we're forced to deal with it; Like scorpions for example. I'm petrified of spiders, but I don't walk around obsessing over the fear all the time - until a spider is in my face. Mortality is kind of like that.
>>
>>16525932
I agree with anon. It's sad/horrifying to know that death can happen at any time, but until then one should cherish one's life. It's out of my control if a giant meteor or something crashes. Use the best of your knowledge (and perhaps take classes) to protect yourself and not put yourself in bad situations.
>>
>>16525950
Buy a gun.
If you're ever sitting in a public place make sure to be facing the door.
99/100 times nothing will happen but the 100th time will get you, my Uncle Jerry learned that the hard way.
>>
>>16525952So what do I do when my consciousness no longer exists? roll with the changes;?
>>
>>16525910
The unknown
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.