[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1448938966047.jpg (11 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1448938966047.jpg
11 KB, 500x282
I have mild acne do you guys have tips like food , habits, etc to help reduce it.
Pic unrelated
>>
Favor low-fat foods. The thing that helped me the most was taking really hot showers that opened more pores up.
>>
Change pillow case daily (do this one, i promise). Wash face morning and nightly. Get st Ives apricot scrub, and green tea exfoliate. Eat clean, reduce oily foods. Exercise, change clothes daily.
>>
>>16519243
Or just sleep with a towel over the pillow. Different towel each day. Works for me.
>>
Besides exercising, changing your pillowcase and practicing good hygiene (though not excessive hygiene -- too much washing can provoke your pores to go into overdrive), avoiding sugars is really key. You just shouldn't be eating sweets or drinking soda or fruit juices. I'd say animal fats, olive oil and even butter are just fine, even desirable in moderation, but greasy pizza should probably be out.

If nothing's helping then don't hesitate to see a dermatologist. Acne isn't totally under your control; you can do everything right and still have it. Sometimes it's caused by actual chronic bacterial infection, for instance. There's nothing for that but seeing a doctor and getting a course of antibiotics.
>>
>>16519229
There should be non prescription acne medication at your local pharmacy. It comes in cream and wipes.
>>
>>16519229
Wash your face with non-antibacterial soap and work out more. Apply toothpaste on the pimples and let them dry out, then rub the stuff with a wet towel. Clindamycin or other topical antibiotics should only be used as a last resort, fucking up your microbiome isn't a good idea unless there's no other option.
>>
>>16519269
mother of god...
genious..
>>
File: 2095931[1].jpg (50 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
2095931[1].jpg
50 KB, 768x768
See this shit? Get some, and rub it on your face every night. It will feel very greasy, but will absorb into your skin every night. Keep doing this all the time, and try not to eat anything that has added sugar, or a high sugar content like fruit juice form concentrate, and your acne will go away, scars will diminish as well. I either use this, or the cheaper, yet still expensive bigger $10 jar of pure shea butter and add a few drops of my own frankincense, myrrh and sandalwood essential oils.

DO NOT:

>Wash your face regularly. Counter-intuitively, this actually worsens acne by leaving your face dried out. You should was your face like once every 10 days, just wash below the neck if you shower.

>Use any acne creams, especially the strong prescription ones.
Waste of money, and though they may temporarily stop acne on your face, you will have much worse problems due to dryness and irritation. Before I was into natural health I begged my mom to take me to a derm, and used prescription creams for a month, and my face is still fucked up from it- dry and wrinkly around the eyes. Though its gradually getting better with essential oils therapy.

TLDR: Raw organic shea butter, and low sugar diet, its as simple as that.
>>
>>16520201
>Wash your face regularly. Counter-intuitively, this actually worsens acne by leaving your face dried out. You should was your face like once every 10 days, just wash below the neck if you shower.
Have fun getting your pores clogged by the dirt and oil and bacteria your skin is exposed to daily.
>>
>>16520208
hence the shea butter. Its also antimibrobial and purifying for the skin
>>
>>16519229
I do mild exercise. Change my pillow case every 3 days. Try to avoid processed sugar foods. And shitty fats (e.g. burgers. While fat from walnuts, cashews, etc. is fine).
And one I recently discovered, works for me: milk products. Got rid of them completely, for example, eat sausages instead of cheese now, and I noticed vast subsidence of inflamation in the next few days.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.