[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are high paying jobs? Various anons on 4chan bragged about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1
File: 199942-sebastien-chabal.jpg (52 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
199942-sebastien-chabal.jpg
52 KB, 640x360
What are high paying jobs? Various anons on 4chan bragged about their income. "Yea dude, I make a 100k a year." "I make 160." What do these individuals do?
>>
I'd say 80% of six figure jobs require some sort of college degree. Medicine, engineering, sales, etc. You have to be creative.

Non degree jobs exist too. I know a guy who, after bonuses, cracks six figures working as a store manager at Publix, a southern grocery chain. Look into trades for this category.
>>
He is doktor, or, a programmist. The enginemaster, or, perhaps in the finance.
>>
>>16514631
>What do these individuals do?
Shitpost on 4chan. Jobs that well paying aren't as common as you'd think from being here
>>
>believing everything you read on the internet
>>
>>16514631
IT.

My boyfriend makes 100+k, and he dpes program design.
I'm friends with a guy who also makes 100+k and works in software.
>>
>>16514643
>I'd say 80% of six figure jobs require some sort of college degree.
Not just any degree either. It'd generally have to be more than just a Bachelors
>>
>>16514631
>Various anons on 4chan bragged about their income.

Are you that gullible?
A large majority of the people who say that are typing it from their parents basement.
>>
>>16514643
What kinds of engineering?
>>16514648
>Let's assume they didn't lie. They probably did, but hey, billionaires exist, so..
>>
>>16514660
>but hey, billionaires exist, so..
No 4chan user is or ever will be a billionaire.
>>
>>16514660

Any kind. Civil, mechanical, electrical, etc. Starting out pay for these degrees are usually around 60k-80k, so cracking six figures isn't unbelievable after a few years experience and switching jobs.
>>
>>16514671

This isn't 2005. 4chan is mainstream now.
>>
>>16514631
A lot of them lie.
>>
high paying for me is 30k a year, kek

CNC Machinist, shitty job and shitty pay ftw
>>
>>16514680
Mainstream or not. People with that kind of money aren't going to be here.
>>
>>16514689
30k a year... why do you accept that
>>
>>16514696
you do realize that /g/ was the bitcoin rocket.
all you had to do was buy 100 btc for 5$ and wait 3 years and sell them for 10k
>>
>>16514671
Probably not. But that's not what I'm saying here. Back to /b/ please. Talk about buying a gf there or something.
>>
>>16514729
You edgy little cunt. You pulled that statement out of your dirty ass. I never implied anything of the sort.
>>
>>16514698
Because I don't have any other options?
>>
>>16514689
I used to be there, feels bad.

I'm on 70k a year now as an AirForcefag, but never again will I go "trade" route here in Straya.
>>
>>16514753
I'm feeling this anon. At least you can put food on the table. It's not like you're on the streets.
>>
>>16514631
What's with consultancy nowadays? Everybody seems to want to. Is everybody just gonna consult everybody? What do all these conultants do?
>>
>>16514831
Consult with one another about who to consult when they need consulting.
>>
>>16514831
People want to do it because consultants make good money but the lifestyle isn't for everyone.

http://managementconsulted.com/consulting-salaries/2015-management-consulting-salaries-undergraduate-mba-interns/

I'm in an MBA program now looking to get one of those $100K+ jobs after graduating.
>>

Lie and shitpost mostly. Jobs that pay six figures here in the US are typically as follows:

>Lawyer
>Medical Doctor
>PhD with tenure at a large university
>High ranking corporate employee at a major company
>Hedge Fund Manager or other investment banker
>High ranking military officer (it's a long climb to get there)
>Intelligence Officer after a few promotions
>Successful business owner or major local landlord

These are the majority of people making six figures.
>>
Mining in Australia, I get 125k salary plus house with free utilities and bonuses and10g a year for travel expenses. No degree I drive heavy machinery all shift been doing it 12 years now
>>
>>16514900
How much have you saved?
>>
>>16514883
I do know that the richest of the rich are usually people who started their own business and "made it" or sold it to another bigger company for millions.
>>
>>16514631
lie on the internet probably
>>
>>16514698
You rich ass nigga, Im working for 7k a year right now. And I SAVE from that amount.

SAVE.
FROM 7k A YEAR.

If I got 100k I would be a millionaire in 10 years 6 months.
>>
>>16515003
what country do you live in and how do you do it?

please give me your /adv/ices senpai, I need your wisdom

I can google "how to be frugal" etc but I want to know how you personally do it
>>
>>16515003
How do you even live with 7K a year?
>>
>>16515032
I would blow that within a day with all the food I'm consuming.
>>
At least three of us drive trucks.
>>
First it's important to note that when they say 100k they are talking about dollars.

You can get it as an accountant, consultant, professor, doctor, vet, nuclear engineer, systems programmer etc.

Look at big name companies and big cities. Because 100k in London/New York would be lower middle class.
>>
>>16514631
Just be very good at something.

>>16515057
Really any highly skilled trade or job has the potential to pay $100K+, especially with years of experience.
>>
Sit on their ass and pay people to run a buisness they started with part time savings back in the 60's.
There has not been a single oldfag that was not a round wizard.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.