[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an enjoyable, fulfilling job that pays well, plenty of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1448075794138.png (26 KB, 582x1056) Image search: [Google]
1448075794138.png
26 KB, 582x1056
I have an enjoyable, fulfilling job that pays well, plenty of hobbies, and I live with my boyfriend who loves me.

I'm aware I should be happy, but I'm not, and almost everyday I fantasize about living by myself and only leaving to work, otherwise staying inside and drawing and playing games and writing. It makes me slightly short with him sometimes, and I have days where I feel like I'm sleepwalking.

When I am alone and have nowhere to be, I'm fine for awhile and then feel devestating loneliness and depression.

Is this real life for everyone else?
>>
pretty much, i also wanna die real bad too
>>
Yes. Life is an endless cycle of misery.
>>
>>16508801
Talk to your boyfriend about it.
If you're in love, he'll try to understand and want to offer better solutions than strangers on 4chan.
>>
>>16508823
>>16508812
Jesus what is this
>>
>>16508812
>>16508823
Quit making someone else's issues about >>16508827
yourself and go whine in your own thread you pathetic leeches.
>>
>>16508801

Sounds like a legitimate illness.

Maybe schizoid personality or severe depression

That sleepwalking thing you're talking about is typically classified as a mild symptom of psychosis--not the psychosis you are thinking about, but high levels of depressive hormones etc.
>>
>>16508834
OP's question was: "Is this real life for everyone else?" So those answers were appropriate.
>>
>>16508801
>dosent understand why you cant live your fantasy while being with the bf that loves you ......
>>
That's rough. Sounds eerily similar to my issue.
Best way I found to fix it is double down on what I like and keep myself busy. I work out a lot more, play more video games, and do my best to keep happy. It's an uphill battle sometimes. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Any trips to a behavioral therapist yet OP?
>>
>>16508838
>>16508843
I have no history of mental illness in my life, but lots of other medical stuff; I've never been one to take medicine, I would rather not treat it as clinical.

I also feel better when I'm busy creatively, but it's often impossible in the past few months; between work and social life I have hardly enough time to complete one creative project at a time, and I get overwhelmed with how few hours there are in a day and how little I can accomplish with all sorts of planned works, even though I'm aware most people do not do so.

Thank you for all responses.
>>
>>16508870

>I do not believe in medicine or science

Go to a doctor you fucking attention whore
>>
>>16508922
They'd just give her SSRI's which are shit anyway.
>>
>>16508922
I don't recall saying that I don't believe in science, I just grew up watching my father deal with mountains of medical problems and all the side-effects and complications that come with drugs, and as >>16508932 pointed out, I've never heard a good review of taking antidepressants from several friends (and my boyfriend, for that matter, who is not opposed to drugs in general, as he takes them for his psychosis).

I'm a source of income for my family and for him and myself at the moment, and I work a physical trade that requires hand-eye: I'm not sure doping myself will help anything.
>>
How would I go about finding a therapist anyway? I have little spare money.
>>
Single bump if anyone has advice for acquiring a medical therapist/psychologist, whatever it is.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.