[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Ask the opposite gender anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17
Before you post a question, check here to see if it's already been answered
Keep your questions short and sweet for more answers.
And please no derailing arguments.

Avoid asking these common questions:

>Is it normal for me to go to a club/bar by myself?
Yes. Stop overthinking this.

>Do girls/guys like <insert specific look>?
Some do, some don't.

>I'm shy and afraid of people/rejection. What do I do?
Think positive, and get over it by practicing and exposing yourself to it.

>I like someone. What do I do?
Ask them out.

>How can I tell if someone likes me?
Ask them out.

>Where do I meet girls/guys?
Anywhere outside. Or online.

>Is my body part big/small enough?
>Am I short/tall enough?
Most likely

>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.

>XYZ happened. Did I fuck it up with this guy/girl?
Maybe, maybe not. We're not in their head, we don't know. No amount of your walls of text will fix that.

>This person did something that hurt my feelings. Why do guys/girls do this?
Because shit people are shit people. It's not a gendered thing

>Would you date a virgin?
As long as they aren't insecure about it. Complexes are a total turn-off.

>Someone has made it abundantly clear they're no longer interested in me. Do I still have a chance?
No

>Where do I go on a first (or subsequent) date?
Pick one or more of the following: coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks, ice cream, movies, zoo, aquarium, museum, art gallery, <activity in your city>

>That one guy who keeps asking about cuddling in platonic friendships
No one wants to cuddle you. Stop asking

>Brandon or Female Brandon
Piss off.

>Frog
Also piss off.
>>
What's even the appeal of a height difference in a relationship. It seems like more of a hassle than anything.
>>
>>16505460
What? I don't think anyone purposefully looks for a height difference in relationships
>>
>>16505478
I see tall guys chase short girls and the other way around all the time. It always seemed a bit wacky to me.
>>
If I failed at going out with a girl senior year just a few years ago, can I get her to give me another chance by being successful?
>>
>>16505487
What, like exclusively? I've never really seen that, guys just want someone shorter and girls just want someone taller, generally speaking
>>
>>16505498
>What, like exclusively?
I wouldnt go that far. A ripped body is attractive, but would you say a woman exclusively goes for it, or is it just a major selling point? Generally the latter.
>>
>>16505460
Leverage during sex. Shorter men have great leverage for example.
>>
>>16505489
I just didn't ask her out, she liked me, but I just didn't go for it, dunno how she feels about me now
>>
>>16505460
This, and honestly, i wish men would just stop obsessing about being the taller one. I'm 5'9 and significantly taller with heels and i hate it when guys don't let me wear them because they feel like "manlets" next to me, some even think my height is a dealbreaker. This is such a bullshit reason to reject someone. Yes i'm slightly mad, sorry
>>
>>16505554
I like tall girls, don't know why, just wanna be different from my dad maybe? Anyway, you're too short for me, at 6'0, I'm practically a God
>>
>>16505554
Assuming you're in your late teens or 20s, I think our generation as a whole is significantly taller than previous generations. I don't know how you're having trouble finding guys who aren't taller than you in heels. I have a friend your height and in our friend group all guys are taller than her, and only one is shorter than her in heels
>>
>>16505554
>>16505560
She secretly must have a little brother complex and wishes to dominate shorter men, probably using her feet in some way or another
>>
>>16505560
With heels a woman at 5'9 would be scratching at 6'. Most guys are going to be at that height or below it, and some are weird about being "only" as tall as their woman.

I always found it funny, I'm 6'2" and always wanted to ask out a woman at a similar height.
>>
>>16505559
>Anyway, you're too short for me, at 6'0, I'm practically a God
Do you live in CA surrounded by burrito people or something? 6'0" isnt that special.
>>
>>16505579
No, kinda close, CO, we are preparing a fourth reich to rid the foreigners of our land. All these fuckers coming in at once without considering the consequences deserve torture, death, and possibly rape
>>
Anyone else in relationships always have the feeling they could be with someone hotter? Love my current girl, we get along well. Still, there's a feeling I could be with a more attractive girl. Doesn't help that she's put on a bit of weight and isn't my typical "type" but her personality overshadowed that for most of the relationship.
>>
File: 313323.jpg (16 KB, 478x274) Image search: [Google]
313323.jpg
16 KB, 478x274
Hey guys coming here looking for advice to pick up women please do not. You cannot trust a woman's advice they themselves do not know what they want. Just try over and over on different girls until one likes you. Listening to the girls on /adv/ will make you think every small action is creepy. This is just a warning for you guys so you don't get mentally fucked up by these people.
>>
>>16505620
Thanks Kojima.
>>
>>16505618
yup. Its natural. This feeling will either go away as you mature or develop into a real problem, that will end up splitting you two up. Then you'll sleep with many hot girls, but you will soon notice that hotness is not that exciting as you tought and wish your old relationship back.

Happens to many people, men and women alike. Especially to people who get into a serious, long term relationship without having experienced sex and relationships with other people before.
>>
File: .jpg (87 KB, 620x393) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
87 KB, 620x393
>>16505621
No problem I just knew it was getting out of control when last thread a guy became nervous about making direct eye contact and talking with a girl. This "creepy" shit has gone too far if a guy can't even do that.
>>
>>16505620
This is true. You're much better off paying attention to the women around you than trying to ask hypotheticals of women half way around the world. Apart from probably being damaged goods, since we're on 4chan, it's kind of hard not to have a somewhat rosy view of your own gender, especially when you've never tried dating them yourself.

tl;dr: Ape successful guys instead.
>>
>>16505625
Alright thanks.

I've experienced sex and relationships before though. I guess I just imagine my wife material girl being really beautiful. My current girlfriend is cute, but not really fit at all.
>>
File: 1381789367504.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1381789367504.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>16505629
This it even applies in real life if I ask a female friend about girls it feels like she thinks less of me. One even made me give up on a girl that asked for MY number(just made me feel unworthy as fuck). But other men seem to give good advice and confidence in fact last time I got a girl back to my place it was thanks to a friends advice. It worked so well 3 different guys fucking got a girl friend at the same time thanks to him.
>>
>>16505626
Yeah, I was in that thread too.
I agree, this creepy meme has gone way too far. Certainly women will start to complain in the future.
>guy asks you out, call them creepy
>why don't guys ask me out?
>>
>>16505632
Yeah... I know its nothing that one can just switch off and on, but still - its better for you when you stop seeking the "perfect wife" that has everything, because she does not exist anyways. Look for good character, intelligence and fun... these things are much more important if you want to spend a long time together.
>>
>>16505626
>This "creepy" shit has gone too far if a guy can't even do that.
I don't know what's up with the women on adv. They call everything creepy, yet the women I know irl throw it around far less freely. I'm wondering what actually triggers that difference.
>>
>>16505648
Easier for the women on /adv/ to feel better then you. Seems like it's always said to guys who are in a sensitive state or like the girl a lot. Actual people trying to help you would not call you "creepy" it's obviously not a word of encouragement.
>>
>>16505460
I like short girls because they have better titties. not my fault I'm tall.
>>
>>16505460

It's a control thing. She's shorter so she's easier to control and I can be a domineering figure over her.
>>
File: 143_Honore_De_Balzac.jpg (12 KB, 200x254) Image search: [Google]
143_Honore_De_Balzac.jpg
12 KB, 200x254
>If men knew what women think, they'd be more couregous
Do you agree?
>>
>>16505644
Eh yeah I agree. I'm just getting to the point where I don't want to jump my gfs bones every time I see her. I know I used to feel that way with my ex, I never turned down sex but find myself doing it now.
>>
>>16505758
Well obviously, what kind of question is that.
>>
>>16505758
I'd go as far as to say if we even knew how they think. i understand how men think, but women reasoning is hard to follow for me.
>>
>>16505758
>>16505767
>>16505770
So what does women think?
>>
>>16505772
No one knows, that is the problem
>>
>>16505772
I unno, it seems they get to the same conclusion as guys do, but through a huge convoluted process with a plethora of variables that don't really make sense to consider.
>>
File: 1384362201447.png (39 KB, 575x350) Image search: [Google]
1384362201447.png
39 KB, 575x350
>>16505780
>>16505776
>>16505772
Well I was having a talk with a girl on the nature of women and she basically admitted to me that women are maybe more animal?
In her words she said that " Sometimes I can't control myself and just lose out to emotion"
I think in terms of getting a woman you either have to:

1. Keep a good social image so it makes sense to got out with you (fit,kind,socially active etc.. )
2. Be dynamic and effect their emotions very strongly get em fantasizing about wither you like them or not

The issue is not all men are very good socially so that standing around being yourself shit does not work for everyone. A lot of men do not know how to be emotionally dynamic either I've sure we have all had crazy moments at a party or with a girl we just met where we kissed way too early and it got so wild it just ended up as sex. That's being emotionally dynamic it was a wild ride and the girl could not help but go along, traveling and picking up a girl as a foreigner has the same effect as long as you are very bold.

It can be pretty difficult to do if you are bad with people in general thats why the most naturally social people usually get the most girls. Sure you can be factually smarteer and make more money but all the woman ever gets to see is your social image and if you can not create a attractive one or at least get a girl in the moment then it may be difficult to have sex so often or for some people even get a date.
>>
Girls

When would it be appropriate for a guy to invite you to their place for dinner?
>>
Good spots to take a fwb
I seemed to have got one and I need general spots to take her before sex I only plan to do this twice
>>
>>16505460
The average person isn't attracted to a huge difference, only about a head's difference. That's exactly why in almost every country, the average man is about 4 inches taller than the average woman. It was sexually selected for way back when, probably because it displayed strength/masculinity in men and youthfulness/femininity in women.
>>
This is honestly for anyone but I would like to hear what a female has to say about this.

As a dude, what am I supposed to do if I'm morally opposed to my girlfriend's sexual past? It's not like hurrrr I'm insecure because she fucked other dudes. I'm legitimately morally opposed to a few things she did and if I would have known about it before getting serious with her I probably would have never let the relationship progress to where it is now.

I don't want to break up with her because of this because I feel like that would be irrational as fuck but what the hell should I do?
>>
>>16506392
Break up with her. And this is coming from a girl. A relationship should never compromise your values. That's a recipe for disaster.

Instead, learn about these things early, or ideally before the relationship.
>>
>>16506392
I agree with >>16506429

break up with her, perhaps others will but you will never feel comfortable with her past. You will be miserable and probably you will make her miserable.
>>
>>16505833

Nothing innapropiate here, in fact if he prepares dinner it would be really sweet.
>>
>>16506392
You just break up with her
>>
>>16506392
>morally opposed

Unless she raped or cheated on someone I'm gonna guess you're misusing the word "moral" here
>>
There's this chick I'm into, she's holy fuck beautiful.

She seems confident most of the time, but can get insecure/shy around people, around sometimes

What's up with that?
>>
>>16506392
if you truly have moral objections to your girlfriend's past, then break up with her or you have effectively no convictions and only hold your so called principles to make yourself feel like a good person.
>>
>>16506895
What are you confused about? That confidence and insecurity aren't mutually exclusive?
>>
>>16506475
You don't get to choose someone else's morals. You don't need to whiteknight for the girl, you know. I get that it's probably a defence of yourself, more than the girl in question, but still.
>>
If I take my sweet time asking her out, will she get pissed off at me?
>>
>>16506908
Yeah that, shouldn't they be mutually exclusive?
>>
>>16506932
Not at all. It's like courage and fear. Courage isn't the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it. Same applies to confidence.
>>
>>16506938
Is it "good" a girl acts shy/insecure in front of a guy? or not really?
>>
>>16506929
She will geel like either you dont care or you have her on the backlog as a second choice.
>>
>>16506915
I'm not white knighting for anyone. The word "moral" doesn't just mean whatever you want it to mean.
>>
>>16506944
Can go either way really.
>>
>>16506948
>The word "moral" doesn't just mean whatever you want it to mean
No, but the things that the word refers to, are entirely subjective. Right and wrong are not absolutes. His morals differ from yours, obviously. Not all us can be skanks after all.
>>
>>16506956
You have no idea what my morals are. Keep projecting though, you're insecure as fuck.
>>
>>16506959
>Projecting
>insecure
Keep it up, you definitely don't look the fool at all.. I know that your morality includes the condoning of casual sex and that's all that I need to know for this discussion.
>>
>>16506946
I dunno if she feels like her hints aren't getting through or something, I'm kinda retarded desu

I do like her but don't really want to rush into things, also she's a co-worker
>>
>>16506964
lol no you don't

you have to create a strawman to beat up to make yourself feel better because you can't address what I actually said.

>Y-YOURE THE FOOL NOT ME! E-EVERYONE ELSE THINKS SO!

So fucking pathetic.
>>
>>16506971
Why are you so mad if nothing I've said applies to you? I'm not sure I follow what you're even saying. I haven't addressed what you said? You said they were misusing the word "moral", I explained that they weren't because they weren't. I also explained that morals are subjective. Then you said I don't know your morals, even though you've already explained that you deem rape and cheating immoral but not a lot else. Care to point out what I'm missing?
>>
>>16506978
I'm not mad though. Why can't you say literally anything without projecting?

I deem rape and cheating immoral but where are you getting "not a lot else" besides straight from your asshole?
>>
>>16506983
>So fucking pathetic.
>I'm not mad
Okay. Whatever you say.

>I deem rape and cheating immoral but where are you getting "not a lot else" besides straight from your asshole?
>Unless she raped or cheated on someone I'm gonna guess you're misusing the word "moral" here
>Unless
>Full Definition of unless
1: except on the condition that : under any other circumstance than
Care to try again?
>>
>>16506895
From personal experience - ugly duckling syndrome. But expanding on that, she feels confident in large groups because she can 'hide in plain sight'. She's not worried about what these masses of people think about her, they're just a blob for her to entertain. But confronting someone you like one on one, or certain people that you genuinely want to befriend, is so scary. She's afraid of saying or doing the wrong thing, so she clams up.

Been there, done that. Heck, I'm still doing it even though I realize it. You just have to be patient with her and open up until she feels comfortable enough to be her usual confident self.
>>
>>16506992
Those are the things off the top of my head. OP never said what she actually did so again, that was my guess.

Tell me more about what I find immoral and not. Oh, and, subjective morality is bullshit btw.
>>
>>16506475
I don't get it. How was he using it incorrectly?
>>
File: 1353068896190.gif (2 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1353068896190.gif
2 MB, 300x300
>>16506999
>Right and wrong are objective absolutes
>I-I just used the wrong words but that doesn't mean I'm w-wrong
This is good stuff.
>>
>>16507003
Because what he should have probably said "ideologically opposed." This is going on the assumption that what his GF did didn't cause harm to anyone.
>>
>>16507004
I didn't use the wrong word.
>>
>>16507003
He used it correctly, anon just has severe autism
>>
>>16507015
>Unless
>under any other circumstance than
Either you meant that everything else was moral or you used the wrong word. Which is it?
>>
>>16507024
>Which is it.

Neither, your false dichotomy is bullshit.
>>
>>16507025
Stop anon, I can only laugh so hard. This is incredible. "Moral" has apparently changed definition, "unless" has also apparently changed definition and here you are giving off to others about misusing words. Top quality, anon. Top quality.
>>
>>16506993
Thanks heaps! she really shouldn't feel that way though and hopefully for you it's a distant memory/or will be, you're definitely beautiful.

Is slouching when talking insecurity/shyness or she's comfortable?

She sometimes won't even make eye contact with me, but will try to look in my direction
>>
>>16507010
>moral (n) a person's standards of behavior or beliefs concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do.

>proper ideas and beliefs about how to behave in a way that is considered right and good by most people

I think OP used it correctly. I see nothing about objectivity or having to cause harm to others in any definitions.
>>
This
>>16507033
>>
>>16507033

Definitions don't change you just can't comprehend them, or anything I've said. Yeah, lack of reading comprehension it is fucking hilarious isn't it?

What if I told you there are more sex-related things I find immoral but didn't list them all in my post? Would you kill yourself out of shame of being presumptuous fucking retarded?
>>
>>16507043
>Moral
>a person's standards of behavior or beliefs concerning what is and is not acceptable for them to do.
NUH UH

>Unless
>1: except on the condition that : under any other circumstance than
NUH UH

Wow, I'm convinced.

>What if I told you there are more sex-related things I find immoral but didn't list them all in my post?
I would tell you (again) that you used the word "unless" wrong, in that case. Keep up.
>>
>>16507034
The slouching could go either way. But the not being able to meet your gaze is shyness. If she's trying to make eye contact with you though, but obviously struggling, that's actually a good sign. She must like you to be putting in even that effort. Otherwise, she'd just look away all of the time, or try to ignore you. You just need to give her time, she'll get there.

And thank you for the compliment, really. You put a smile on my face. Did not expect that on 4chan.
>>
>>16507062
Thank you. No worries, glad to have made you smile :) Enjoy the day/night

She'll actually sometimes look away immediately after we've made eye contact, so not sure about that.

I noticed onetime she had her leg/foot pointing towards me but immediately shifted her body again
>>
You girls know those text apps where you can see Last Seen time, Read Notifications and all that?
Through one of those I hit up this girl I've been close with for several months and went out with a few times. Fooled around a little with a few silly messages at first. She gave a dull response, so I figured I'd drop the entertainer act and ask her what she was up to tonight. No response. She simply didn't open our chat afterwards, which officially leaves it unread. However, she did log in afterwards multiple times so she must have seen it.

I'm probably just being needy, she might just be busy and it's probably Nothing Significant, but the idea that she doesn't seem to bother is bugging me.

The thread's slow anyway, so might as well put it out there. Girls, what do you think?
>>
>>16506392
I'm curious what exactly she did that you'd consider a moral issue.
>>
Uh, friends with this girl, I'm showing her meme pictures off my phone
She grabs it, then decides to go through my collection, there's /s/ level pics in there
She starts softly punching me in the arm as she has my phone
Even refused to give my phone back to me for a while

wat was that?
>>
Asking girls
How would you prefer guys to ask you out? There's a girl who lives with classmates of mine who I see often and I want to ask her out, but I'm not sure of the best way to do it. All my other girlfriends I asked out while drunk so I don't want to repeat that here.
>>
>>16507133
From the OP:
>Someone did something insignificant. What does it mean?
Nothing significant. Stop overthinking it.
>>
>>16507080
How long has it been?
You are 100% needy filth, that's for sure.
She might be done with you or maybe has other things going on. It's thanksgiving. Quit freaking out.
>>
>>16507165
Around 5 hours, but the night's practically over already now. Seeing that unanswered question just sit there redundantly feels so cringeworthy now.
I know. It's not the first time there's zero balance with this. I'm getting tired of this constant one-way street, so I'm cleaning up and moving on soon enough.
And not Americlap. The only turkeys we care about are the runaway ones that PCs practically worship
>>
>>16507136
no real preference, but make sure that the conversation is private. there can be other people in the room but they shouldn't be consciously listening to you/should be doing something else. if you can't seperate her from a group, then just text her.

or get drunk again, seems to work for you
>>
>>16507079
These are still pretty good?
>>
I live with my boyfriend and he does not clean up after himself. He hasnt cooked dinner in the entire year, i have to constantly be picking up after him with his cans of coke and dirty socks left all over the place (he literally drinks like 15 cans of coke a day) but ofvourse leaves a little bit of coke in every one making in harder for me to clean ahhhhhh im at the end of my wits what do i do, are all men as messy as this? I think its because his mum did everything for him, we contribute equally financially so i dont wanna have to do double the work its not fair
>>
>>16507268
Get your own place.
>>
>>16507251
>private conversation
Not that guy, but does that go for subsequent dates as well? There's this mutual friend who's around us two all the time, we barely see each other alone anymore, and I hate texting. We've dated before, though.
>>
>>16507276
Not really possible to live apart in my city because of $$$, just want him to clean his own darn mess, surely its not that much to ask?
>>
>>16507291
No it's not he sounds awful. Get him to shape up or drop him.
>>
>>16507258
No
>>
>>16507300
Howww do i get him to shape up haha, he needs some ritalin or something lol. Hes a sweet guy, treats me right, has a job and car etc so not a complete loser, just cant into housework.
>>
>>16507303
All you can do is talk to him. But that might be the way he is.
>>
Dude here, i apologize more than normal because i say rude things without realizing it. Is this annoying to any of you?

Also do you like affection from your male relations?
>>
guys and girls i guess, mostly girls

im a terrible texter. how do people keep long conversation with others like this regularly? like with guys, i dont have much to say, and for girls, i have more to say, but i cant keep the conversation flowing for long. and in both cases, when i notice the other responding in <5 words, theyre done talking with me. then usually i assume they just dont like texting me. in person though, im a pretty good talker. so whats the secret?
>>
>>16507312
Yes, don't say rude things and don't apologize for everything. I like affection from my significant other only.
>>
>>16507268
>i have to constantly be picking up after him
That's where you're going wrong. Leave him to rot in it. We all cave eventually.
>>
>>16507315
The secret is, people don't keep long conversations with others like that regularly. I've only managed to have one or two long ass conversations over text, one lasting about 10 hours, but that was fueled by a whole "make up for lost time after fighting" thing.
>>
>>16507318
>don't say rude things
I can't help myself, My ghetto schooling is clashes with my politeness.

For example, In my generation we just put ourselves in someone else's conversation like we were always part of it, but older people think that's extremely rude. I just always apologize because i don't want to be a cunt.
>>
So girl ive been.seing gave me.a.physical photo of herself as a kid, how I should I take this? Beforehand I asked her what she looked like as a kid as she was telling me her childhood stories. Of course she looks super fucking adorable, but her giving me her fav.childhood photo caught me off guard. She said yo keep it in my wallet and I said ok.
>>
>>16507348
That's adorable
>>
>>16507258
Probably
>>
I asked this in the last one but that was right before it 404'd

Guys, how often would you want a girlfriend to initiate sex?
>>
Okay so i dated this gitl for like a month and a half things were cool at first then she was just always so fucking toxic she is an emotinal rollercoaster, i called her out on why she was acting like this and she told me to "shut the fuck up" and i told her to not talk to me then i got k were done like it was nothing, i will admit i said some pretty mean shit she was pissing me off by not telling me how she felt and now she acts like she hates my fucking guts. Whyyyyy
>>
>>16507421
All the time. My last girlfriend initiated at least once a week, suggested I drive up there to fuck her at least twice a week. I loved it, it made me feel loved and appreciated. She got an orgasm each time so I'm guessing that's part of the reason why she wanted me over so much. Also, we used protection (birth control and condoms) every time so she felt confident to have sex that much.

I'm a fairly sexual person who had girlfriends who had the sex drive of a 2x4. It was tough to even get them to want to make out. It sucked horribly.
>>
After 2-3 dates should I assume girls should know i'm sexually interested in them?

Every girl just ends up friend zoning me and i'm not sure what i'm doing on dates to make this happen.
>>
so, I posted a question in the previous thread about being a good looking guy but virgin at 30...
now, what are my possibilities? I think even high school girls find me hot... but I'm, of course, completely inexperienced at love (no, this is not b8)
>>
So I'm going on a tinder date with this girl who doesn't have any recent photos. How fucked am I?
>>
Posted this in the last thread but didn't get a response.

Is there a stigma against having a foreskin. I'm an uncut virgin and I got extremely nervous over the idea of showing a girl my dick after hearing this
>>
>>16507600
It probably greatly depends on where you are and where the girl is from.
>>
Should the guy be the one to ask the girl out?
>>
>>16507613
I don't know if it's about "should", it's just that guys are more likely to, so guys feel more comfortable pursuing, and girls feel more comfortable being pursued.
>>
how quickly do girls generally move on from guys who aren't interested in them?
>>
>>16507421
>Guys, how often would you want a girlfriend to initiate sex?
Depends on a number of things, but in a perfect world daily or a bit more.
>>
>doing an internship for the past couple of weeks
>get really good
>find out management is using me as an example to train new hires
>huge boost in confidence
>talking to girl from the intern site
>get her number
>going over to her apartment next saturday

Alright so things haven't really gone in this direction for me before (tfw 19 year old virgin) and I'm a bit of a sperg so /adv/ is there any way that I can fuck this up? If so how do I avoid it
>>
>>16507268
>are all men as messy as this?
No. My desk is a mess but outside of that I try to keep things pretty clean. It just sounds like your bf is immature and I wouldnt expect that to change any time soon. Especially if you're effectively enabling that kind of future.

Have you actually told him how bullshit your situation is?
>>
>>16507593
anyone?
>>
>>16507838
Well what do you want? If its casual sex its not like you have to disclose that kind of information. If you want a real relationship, as long as you're a well adjusted individual it shouldnt be too much of an issue.
>>
>>16507593
>>16507838
Sometimes if you really want something, you just need to take it. Don't wait for love, go out and get it
>>
>>16507849
>>16507850
OK, so I shouldn't worry much about anything, and should just do it. thanks ano.ns
>>
This is for the girls.
A little backstory.
I have dated a couple of girls (three) recently and after the first date we end up fooling around, but no actual sex (panties stay on, but everything else is off). After the first one I thought it was a "I'm not that easy" kind of thing, but it has happened three times now. I find it odd that I can get that far and encounter ALOT of resistance. So I'm starting to wonder I am the problem? Am I just being a pussy or are they really scared of what I will think of them after?
>>
>>16507421
Ever once and awhile. Although I always seem to do all the work. So I could be a biased.
>>
>>16507491
Friend zoning is because they aren't interested. In my experience, its super obvious if a guy is sexually interested in me. I mean, he's going on a date wih me. I'm not gonna think he doesn't want to fuck me. I realize he's more determining if I'm worth the fuck.

I'll never friend zone a guy I'm interested in. Do you know what friend zoning is?
>>
>>16508176
>Do you know what friend zoning is?
That term seems to change meaning so often. I always considered it as person A wanting to date person B, but person B just wanting to be friends. Others attach a lot of emotional baggage to it.

Different person but I'm lost what it's even supposed to mean nowadays.
>>
>>16508227
Did she actually show any interested or did she seem distracted?
>>
>>16508259
I'm not him. I said I'm a different person.
>>
>>16508265
Oh. Well at any rate. Friend zoning is a way for women to reject you without making themselves feel bad. If they friend zone you, move on.
>>
>>16507593
samefag, another question: what if you usually are brutally honest?
I think I'm a bit autistic, and, while I can sense the emotions in other people, I just hate being, or even be seen as an hypocrite.
>>
I have a several year long relationship, comfortable, we don't spend a lot of "quality" time together, fight, etc. Start spending time with friend's ex, get crush, now life is confusing and hard, flirting ensues. Advice?
>>
>>16507268
http://youtu.be/r1tCAXVsClw

You basically have two choices:
1) Recognize this as a flaw that you'll never be able to change, and learn to live with it by either cleaning up after him or being more comfortable with the mess
2) Dump him

The truth is, this is how he lives his life and no amount of nagging will change him. Not saying there's a right or a wrong answer here, it's a decision everyone in a relationship eventually has to weigh.
>>
>>16508444
Knock it off. Break up with your SO if the relationship isn't going to work, but don't be a monkey brancher or a cheater.
>>
Want to start talking to girl I like, I don't know where to start. She's very good friends with my ex so would that hinder my chances? I haven't tried talking to a girl in awhile how do I start?
>>
>>16508444
Stop flirting and spend more time with your partner.
A few months ago I developed a bit of a crush on a coworker that had me feeling really awful, but I just rode through it and after getting to know him better the feelings much duller. Just ride it through.
>>
>>16507473
>>16507807
Then I think my best bet is every possible chance.

>>16507921
This is what my boyfriend says, that he's the only one initiating it and that he does all the work, so I want to start it more. But I have no sex drive, and it's the last thing on my mind, I rarely ever want masturbate either.

That might be my problem though, I read that it's supposed to boost your sex drive, but I'm not really sure.
>>
>>16507312
What's the problem here isn't what you say, or the apology, but the fact that at some point in the dialogue you're being dishonest. You are either lying to the other person by apologizing for something you really meant to say, or lying by saying something you don't really mean which requires an apology.

Take care when choosing what to say. Try to only say what you actually mean, and don't ever feel like you need to say something meaningless just to fill a silence. Whether it's your girlfriend, your boss, or your friend, people value honesty more than any other quality.
>>
>>16508472
Thanks. It's rough because it's a crush that's been off and on for like 7 years, and it's a lot of fun to spend time out. I'll try and back off.
>>
>>16507850
Please don't encourage a 30 y/o man to "go out and get love" from high school girls.
>>
Girls. Guys. I need help

I was hanging out with a friend and his wife today. We went to get food and just chilled. I don't know his wife very well as I've only met her one other time. But she's nice. Anyways, I noticed while we were hanging out, she was always looking at me. And then the 3 of us went to a local gun store and were browsing around. The 3 of us would be looking at products, and if I wandered away to look at something else, I'd notice she would somehow also end up where I was. Or if my friend walked away, instead of following him she would stay with me. Then she even said a joke about something, smile and punched me in the arm. And even later poked me on my shoulder. It's making me feel really uncomfortable. Like I hope I'm just over reacting. But if felt like too much for me. It's my friend's wife and (at least how I took it, she seemed almost flirty). What do I do? I don't want to tell him and start shit that might not even be a issue, but I also do not like her touching me and sticking so close to me when the 3 of us hang out. It's weird.

What do I do guys? Please tell me I'm over reacting
>>
>>16508529
Move away from her when she gets too close, ignore her when you feel she's giving you inappropriate attention. A few encounters like this and she'll get the hint. No need to involve the boyfriend unless she expressly comes onto you.
>>
>>16508493
I'm the 30 y.o., and I'd never do that. I'm not retarded or crazy. that's not how I read his/her response anyway
>>
>>16508546

I did try doing that but she would follow. And it's her husband not boyfriend
>>
>>16507421
I broke up with my ex because she hadn't initiated sex in 4 months and we hadn't had sex in about a month.
>>
>>16507900
She has pubes dude
girls get really self conscious of that
>>
>girlfriend says negative things about her "friends" 95% of the time when she talks about them
>tells me tonight about getting in an argument with one of them because they said something objectively stupid
>I ask her why she hangs out with people like that
>turns in to the biggest fight we've ever had because she says I'm judgmental of her friends

What the fuck anons. What the actual fuck.

She says nothing but bad things about them what the heck am I supposed to think about them?

Is this break up worthy to the general populace or am I being a baby
>>
guys
is there a certain type of clothing you love to see on a woman?
>>
>>16508616
she's blaming you for her own bullshit?
>>
>>16508616
she honestly sounds like she's just as immature as her "friends"
that's probably why she's friends with them
birds of a feather and all that jazz
>>
File: 23895723.jpg (812 KB, 1200x1718) Image search: [Google]
23895723.jpg
812 KB, 1200x1718
>>16508622
Do you know how broad fashion taste is? Just dress similar to the people you want to date, I guess. Or just be you, and don't worry about it.
>>
>>16508636
Who is that
>>
I'm a guy who only owns and likes to wear a few types of clothing. My everyday look is something like this
>Black T
>Jeans
>Boots
>Jacket or Hoodie
>Toboggan
I don't even own a shirt that isn't black, and I don't think I want to. Is this a turn-off, do women really "love a sharp dressed man"?
>>
>>16508663
As long as you don't look like shit normally and can dress for the occasion when it's not 'everyday', I don't care. I'd rather a guy wore jeans and a tshirt daily than tried to dress /fa/ without knowing what he was doing
>>
What style do girls with short hair like? Like what hairstyle would girls with short hair prefer on a guy?
G.w.s.h. seem to be my type (short hair not shaved hair)
>>
>>16508670
ime as a guy with long hair I get more bites from short hair girls than long hair girls
>>
>>16508616
How old is she? She sounds like my boyfriend's 20 year old sister who's a barrel of drama

>>16507900
I think most girls consider sex to be 'too far' for the first date. I don't think many would mind getting as far as you've got, but more would be too much for a first date

>>16507613
If he likes her, sure. If she likes him, she should be the one to ask him out.

>>16507600
This really depends on how common it is for guys to be uncut where you live

>>16507491
If you were friendzoned, you wouldn't be getting dates in the first place.

>>16508670
I wasn't aware all girls with a certain hair length had the same exact preferences.
>>
>>16508669
I'm always clean and I wear clean clothes every day, but I can't help get the impression that people think I'm wearing the same clothes for a week.
Still, I try to make the best of my appearance (clothing excluded) but it seems like nobody is interested as of late.
>>
File: 3KKdNaB.jpg (36 KB, 540x536) Image search: [Google]
3KKdNaB.jpg
36 KB, 540x536
How do I make the jump from talking online with a girl to meeting in person. I've manage to start up conversation with women on OKC but they just die out before we can meet face to face.

What can I do?
>>
>>16508678
Long hair, how long? How do you style it?

Natural Hair type? Curly straight etc
If you wouldnt mind, how do you get it cut?

Thanks alot /bro/
>>
File: IMG_1373.jpg (133 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1373.jpg
133 KB, 640x480
>>16508730
pretty long, about 5 inches past shoulder length.
I've been growing it since the 6th grade, of course I get it cut twice a year. I usually just tell the stylist to cut off any dead/split ends *important: you want a stylist not a barber, go to a place for women trust me*

It's naturally curly, but as it's gotten longer the section between my head and shoulders has straightened out, and the ends have pretty tight curls.

I don't do much in the way of styling it, just a center part and I'll sometimes pull it back into a ponytail for maximum convenience.

here's a terrible selfie I took a long time ago for posterity
>>
I'm looking for a new fragrance and I was wondering what scents you men find more attractive?

fruity? floral? earthy? sugary? etc???
>>
>>16508821
There have been studies on this: men like vanilla scented shit best
>>
>>16508826
I'm more of a cinnamon bun scent guy, myself.
>>
Girl I'm in interested in dating said she likes me a lot but doesn't feel that "spark". How to spark?
>>
>>16508873
You can't. Not without changing who you are completely, and that's not easy anyway. you just naturally have more chemistry with some people more than others, and you don't have any with her
>>
>>16508873
A spark is usually caused by pheremones. It's what genetically attracts us to people. Literally nothing you can do.
>>
This one's really for anyone but a female perspective would be cool.

Asked a girl I met a couple days ago if she wanted to grab lunch and we agreed on Wednesday. Is she gonna think that's a date without either of us specifying? I'd like it to be one but don't wanna make things awkward if that's not what she had in mind.
>>
>>16509012
Who is she? How do you know her? How did you ask her?
>>
>>16509017
I was introduced by my friend and his girlfriend. We'd both been told how similar we are beforehand. I legit just said, "Do you wanna get lunch together sometime?"
>>
>>16509030
I'd probably say she doesn't think it's a date, more getting lunch together as acquaintances.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with a long distance affair or something? So the lowdown is, I have a girlfriend but I've known this other girl since before I met my gf but she has a husband, but we've always been sexual with each other and stuff. Phone sex, pics etc. Professed our love for each other more than once, but both agree because of distance etc. etc. It wouldn't really work, but both of us are totally open to having a "fun" weekend with each other. I don't know what I'm asking besides has anyone done something similar?
>>
>>16509054
Alright, cool. Thanks for the heads up. Any tips on how to ask it as a date for future reference?
>>
>>16509071
I hate people like you
>>
>>16509077
Yeah see heres the deal. So do I, I have had nothing but disgusting for even the idea of affairs. But something weird goes on in my mind and heart with this girl, so does hers. We've both talked about that.
>>
>>16509081
>>16509077
I can't explain it beyond I actually love her.
>>
>>16507283
If you've been on dates before, then it's ok. The first time you ask someone out should be private tho, because your friends could be immature about it or she just says yes so you don't get humiliated in front of your friends or several other reasons.
>>
These threads are such bullshit, I feel bad for everyone that posts in them.
>>
I keep texting this girl things like
>doing anything fun tonight?
It's just a habit of mine and I don't mean to imply that we should do something together that night or that I'm trying to keep tabs on her.

Thing is, before I texted it she already laid down her plans herself in person, and they were painful and not so fun at all. Then I texted her again that night and asked it again in a moment without clarity. Was just too late to unsend it too.

She waited a few hours to give a few word-answer, which makes it feel even more dumb of a question. What should I do about it? Tell her it's just a habit of mine and didn't mean to rub it in? Laugh it off and pretend it didn't happen? Or something else?
>>
>>16509134
Legit don't worry about it, if she brings it up apologize or say it was a joke. Don't do shit otherwise thats if you want her as something more than a friend. If shes just a friend, just go oops sorry etc.
>>
So anons i dont really know what to do.

My GF has been very distant from me lately, not actively being intimate with me (not even just randomly giving me a hug/kiss). We had this issue before but managed to get through it after we had an argument.

She treats me like shit, always puts my opinions down and questions every little thing I do. Expects me to be superman really, I have to make sure all the washing up/laundry is done as well as do 1000 other things at the same time, I work 42 hours a week (all day weekdays) and meet her at work when she finishes (at 11pm).

I honestly just dont know what to do, I love her so much but im starting to just resent her more every day.
>>
>>16509146
Okay I don't have personal experience, but through friends and family the best way to deal with rough spots like this is charge it head on. Do not let it build, sit down and talk about it directly asap.
>>
Hello /adv/. How do I deal with my girl's anxiety? She doesn't want to admit to it but I feel kinda helpless simply letting her go through it. I've had anxiety myself in the past yet can't seem to be able to help her.
>>
>>16509153
Hey man, I got GAD too and my gf tries desperately to help me with it. It's not really something you can do, does she take medication or see a psychiatrist? As soon as I got on an anti depressant and anti anxiety med I turned a whole new leaf. I still get anxiety or an occasional panic attack, but hey thats life. This is just personal but hwat does come me down personally is just long hugs, not interrogating me about why im anxious and just understanding I am anxious, saying everything it going to be okay, and uh... laying my head in my gfs lap and her rubbing my head.
>>
>>16509149
How do I say it without her getting mad?
Whenever we have an argument she just says to break up. She reckons she just does it out of anger, but she doesnt hesitate to say it which really concerns me
>>
>>16509159
>>16509159
I'm trying to do all that but she doesn't want to admit that she's got anxiety.
We're planning on emigrating next year or the one after it, and basically every second of being here is making her suffer. I can't figure out what the exact source of her anxiety is, and without her admitting that she's suffering from it I can't ask either.
Unless I'm there to counter it she treats me lik shit and every second word I say hurts her, no matter what its about.
How do I deal with this?
>>
>>16509171
Really the best solution is to get her to your family doctor to talk about this shit, and they'll know where to go from there. if she can't admit she has a problem, you can't do much. You can't force anything :/
>>
>>16509166
I wish I knew man, but everyone reacts differently to conflict right? I'd say start with how much you love and care about her and your relationship and you want it to be great and healthy as possible. Of course use what you know about her. Sorry I can't be of more help man. It'll be okay.
>>
>>16509166
These are some huge red flags there. (getting mad when you criticize her and threatening to break up)
She is emotionally blackmailing and manipulating you. In relationships, you should be able to communicate openly and if that's not the case it will not work out.
>>
>>16509177
Thanks kind anon.
I just feel broken and I dont think I can do it anymore, I just dont know what to do
>>
>>16508821
I don't give a shit unless you smell like ass or something. Just don't put on a scent that punches others in the face or tapes their noses shut from being too sugary.
No frangrace at all is also cool. I'd probably prefer that even. You only have to make sure that you're not sweating non-stop and shower regularly.
>>
>>16509173
I understand, thank you for taking the time to answer me.
>>
When a girl you've been friends with is flirting with you intensely even to a point to where she openly wants to cuddle and blushes with a smile when I flirt back and shows all the universal "she's into you signs" (laughs at all my jokes, goes out of her way to be with me, plays with her hair while talking to me, looks me up and down every time she sees me with that aroused half smile chick's do, etc.) but then claims your in her friendzone, should I call her bluff and keep going? Is this her trying to see that if I hear that how I'd react? Or is this some test?
>>
>>16509284
>call her bluff and keep on going
That sounds rapey dude. If she said no, then she means no. Quiet often men will see signs where there aren't actually any.
>>
>>16509310
>Quiet often men will see signs where there aren't actually any
The other way around too, where guys are completely oblivious to the hints a chick throws at him. We're fucked either way, we can't win.
>>
File: 1440163544401.jpg (76 KB, 469x469) Image search: [Google]
1440163544401.jpg
76 KB, 469x469
My girlfriend is generally a very happy person, however she does is ''moody'' but she is very closed and doesn't let anyone knows she is sad and if something bad happens to her she just keeps it for her.

The problem is, we are two months dating(however we were best friends for 2 years) and now she trusts me alot(she said i'm the only one she trusts in the world) and she tells me when she is sad or when something bad happens to her.
However her PMS is fucking insane. Last month it wasn't like this i don't know if we got close but she gets massive mood swings, she is laughing like a stoner in one minute and the next one she is mad without nothing even happenning, she gets anxious cold and distant sometimes. yesterday i told her that that she was smelling great and asked if she used a new perfume and she just said ''why? i cant tryout a new thing?'' later a friend invited me to go to his house and i asked her to come, she said she couldn't but she didn't had a problem with me going. I brought her to her house(i couldn't stay at her house with her because her parents were there) and went to my friends house, when i got there she got so cold, mad and distant and stopped talking to me then she liked a photo i posted on fb, then i told her i was leaving my friends house(10 minutes after i got there)then and she asked me to stay there but i just turned off my cellphone and went home and she just went to sleep without telling me anything, i still told her ''good night, dream with me, love you and sorry if i did something wrong <3 <3'' when i got home. She gets upset over anything, 8 days ago she cut herself(she isn't even depressed or have bad mental health, she just literally got upset over a small talk we had and did it, i don't know if it was for attention because i already give her 200% of my attention and love)

Is this all pms? Some of my girl friends told me that it's very likely it is but i don't know.
>>
>>16509318
> Is this all pms?
This could definitely be pms.
Does she always act like that or only like a week before/during her period? If she's always like that then she's just a bitch.
>>
>>16509318
I don't know whether to take this post seriously because it's a dragon or tell this tard to piss off because it's a frog edit
>>
File: 1444502967431.png (688 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1444502967431.png
688 KB, 460x628
>ask oneitis to the movie via text
>she said yes
>3 mins later
>she said she wants to bring her brother along too
>>
>>16509364
I've had a pebble in my shoe all day but I don't really want to remove it because then my fingers would smell like foot sweat.
>>
>try make some conversation, text close girl what I'm up to after asking her the same and getting a shit response
>her only response is wow
So what's this supposed to be code for then? Did she seriously just tell me to fuck off through sarcasm
>>
>>16509367
Find a date for her brother.
>>
>>16509367
You go ahead and piss off too.
>>
>>16509370
>>16509371
2 hours to go
But I am going to bring 2 friends along too
>>
>>16509376
Good. Maybe if they get along with her bro you can get some quality time with her.
>>
>>16509378
nope, her brother is a quiet guy, plus this is the second time she bring her brother along.
>>
>>16509357
No she isn't always like this, she just woke up sending me kisses on a happy mood, told me that it was because her parents had a fight yesterday and she didn't want to tell me this stuff and open up while me was out
I dont get it though, she this whole week she only lashed out on me, i have not seen her get mad at someone else or just being a bitch at anyone else but me
Why?
>>16509364
Sorry never been on /adv/ before, dont know the rules
>>
>>16509380
also, I give them a ride, she sit in the back seat and her brother sit in the front seat.
>>
>>16509380
Fuck her brother, that'll show her
>>
>>16509386
This, he sounds kind of cute in a nerdy way.
Plus, fucking a girls brother is a great way to get her jealous and horny.
>>
>ask girls out recently for the first time
>always get this indecisive replies
>know I'm rejected
>learn and move on
Hey it's lesson learned. I'm learning from it. But man, why even say "Maybe"?
>>
>>16505487
>>16505460
as a relatively tall guy 6'3" height is a deal breaker for me. I cant have the girl be too short. its fucking awkward when she isnt even as all as your shoulder. kissing is a chore, when you pick her up she feels like a child, cant confortably fuck and suck tits at the same time, and worst of all, kids might be short. i want tall kids.
>>
>>16509310
Well I would agree but she generally initiates the flirting and even makes little ciphers for me to decode saying how much she loves everything about me. Trust me at no point was I getting rape with her. That's against everything I believe in
>>
Question to girls:
Got 3 pairs of rather conservative d&g underwear and a set of eye shadow as a gift for my gf. Did i fuck up? Or did I fuck up only if I miss her taste?
>>
>>16509311
Plus even after all that she still flirts with me and has never asked me to stop if she did I would, it just happen to come up in conversation (her saying im in the friend zone). In fact since she said it the flirty behavior from her is more frequent and more blunt.
>>
I dunno if she feels like her hints aren't getting through or something, I'm kinda retarded

I do like her but don't really want to rush into things, also she's a co-worker

wat do?
>>
>be friends with this chick

I noticed onetime she had her leg/foot pointing towards me but immediately shifted her body again

Wat?
>>
How do I fix premature ejaculation?
Whether I'm fapping or having sex I never last longer than 3 minutes.
>>
>>16509525
Are you able to stop and wait a moment?
>>
do girls really bleed their first time fucking
>>
>>16509533
It usually just happens. There's not that much of a build up to it for me. And even if I do I only last another minute.
>>
Guys, what would you think if a girl made out with you infront of her apt but didn't invite you in and then things escalated and she slept with you right there in the car? How cheap/bad is this?
>>
>>16509540
Some do, some don't. Why?
>>
>>16509540
It's only a spot or two. I got it on my panties after I put my clothes back on. Doesn't go on the bed
>>
>>16509559
>>16509563
I'm gay and always wondered if it was just some weird straight people fetish or if it actually happens
>>
>>16509568
Depends on her hymen. Every girl has one, but sometimes it's just a small frayed "ring", so no bleeding. But there are girls that have a pretty "intact" hymen. If she has never inserted anything deep enough (a tampon might suffice) it might already be ripped. Intense sport can also rip it. Else it gets ripped during the first intercourse which might cause a bit bleeding.
>>
>>16509012
Next time just come out and expressly call it a date, now you're in a weird awkward middle ground where neither of you knows what the other is feeling (hence why you had to come ask us this question). As of now there's no way to know if A) she's actually interested and was hoping for a date, or B) she just wants to be friends and only accepted the invitation because you did not say it's a date.
>>
>>16509625
So if things seem like they went well I should expressly mention 'date' in the question?
>>
Girls, if you had a male, platonic friend that you talked to regularly for a year and he lost his shit for a month which led to him trying to remove you from his life because he was getting clingy, would you reach out to him eventually to make sure he was ok or would you just let the friendship end?

Sorry for the massive run on sentence
>>
>>16509639
Should have specified: the next time I ask.
>>
>>16509640
I'd let the friendship end unless I wanted more. He would come back himself if he wanted friendship.
>>
>>16509540
I didn't.
>>
>>16509639
Yes.
>>
>>16509428
Why would you buy your girlfriend eyeshadow?
>>
>>16509648

I tried coming back recently and she didn't respond to my attempt. I guess the damage is done then and it's time to move on.
>>
I guess this goes to both genders
Have you dated anyone you been friends with for a long time at 5+ years and you both have been through relationships in that time. Does this have any future?
>>
Guys, would you be weirded out or flattered if a girl told you she's a bit sore from you? In a "you are fucking huge"-way sore, not a "you suck at foreplay, wasn't even wet"-way
>>
>>16509659

I dated a girl who I was friends with for 4 years beforehand. We ended up becoming friends with benefits for a year, going our own ways for a year, then getting back together and we've been together for 6 years since then. Our relationship has had its ups and downs but we're still together.
>>
>>16509672
Did you have any "spark" when you started dating? I feel like after being friends for so long just going to dates feel awkward af. I don't think can suddenly go physical without "dating" either...
guess I'll give this some more thought, thanks anon
>>
>>16509688

Massive spark. We were both dating other people during that time. But when we decided to get together it was the biggest spark I've ever had.
>>
Would you ever date a girl 9 or 10 years your junior?

I'm 20. Guy I'm interested in is nearly 30. We're not American, but we've been going to this thing that's quite like a college course. We haven't spoken much, but I'm completely infatuated with him. Had a boyfriend for two years, but never felt like this before. My legs turn into jelly, my heart races and I'm confident I'll never meet anyone like him again.

We're nearly done with the course, he has no FB, I have no way of getting in contact with him. So it's now or never. I have no idea if he has a girlfriend, and I'm afraid I'll humiliate myself if I speak to him (I've turned into a nervous, blushing 14-year old every time we've had a conversation, so he probably thinks of me like a kid). Rejection would ruin me completely, and I have no idea how to approach this. Should I just leave it alone? Asking someone out for coffee is NOT the norm here at all, like it seems to be in the US, unfortunately. Most people either start out as friends for a while, or hook up while drunk, and he's not the type to show up at college parties. Should I just let go and submit myself to heartbreak?
>>
>>16509428
>>16509654

If she's into makeup, she'll be really happy. I fucking love receiving eye shadow, palettes, lipstick etc. It's a great gift if she's into it.

Conservative underwear seems a tad boring, but if it's a nice brand and quality, I'm sure she'll be happy. My ex bough me underwear too, but it was rather cheap and tacky (like lace-y pink Victoria's Secret g-strings, seemed more like a gift for him than me), something she can actually use isn't too bad.

It's a rather sweet gift imo!
>>
>>16509694
Personally, I wouldn't. Though there are plenty of guys who don't care or are looking specifically for someone that young. You might get lucky or not.
>he has no FB
>he's not the type to show up at college parties
Sounds like me, so I would assume that he's single.
>Rejection would ruin me completely
You have to take that risk. Everyone has to deal with that.
>>
>>16509694
I'm 32, now, and while I'll do the casual thing with a female that young, I doubt I'd get serious again.

I made that mistake once, and lost five years.

Maybe he hasn't made that mistake yet. No harm in initiating.
>>
File: 1432009975417.png (131 KB, 438x727) Image search: [Google]
1432009975417.png
131 KB, 438x727
Thoughts on asking out co-workers?

There is a female coworker in my department I've begun to get along really well with as time has gone on but I can't tell if it's just a workwife scenario or not. Initially I avoided asking her out because other people in different departments were constantly hitting on her, but I don't wanna miss my chance now by pussyfooting around.
>>
>>16509725

He told my friend he was into young girls, but I think he was taking the piss. He's extremely intelligent and probably the coolest person I've ever met, so I'd understand why he'd go for an older woman. How come you wouldn't date someone young, just out of curiosity?

And I know, rejection is a part of life, and everyone feels that way. But I'm nervous just to greet him, and the thought of asking him out - and the possible humiliation - just makes me nauseous. Honestly he's too good for me anyway, but I appreciate the advice. I don't even know him that well, but somehow I feel like I'm never going to feel this way about anyone again.
>>
>>16509743
If you ask and she turns you down it's whatever - at least you know you tried. If you ask and she says sure then you have a date with a chick you're into. I say go for it.
>>
>>16509739

I understand. My close friend had a relationship with a 29-year old when she was 16, which I've always been against. He was extremely emotionally immature, and he's still hung up over it. The age gap could create a fucked up power balance in the relationship, and if one's ready to settle down and have kids, but the other hasn't even finished college... It's not an ideal situation.

Thank you for the advice.
>>
>>16509746
It's not the age gap itself. It's the difference in your current life situations. He's 30, he probably consideres settling down, looking for someone to marry, have kids and grow old with. Are you sure you want to commit to that?
It would be a different story when he was 50 and you were 40. At that age you should normally have your daily routine and a much more stable life in general.
>>
>>16509754
No problem.

Depending on the month, I was seven or eight years older than her. Neither of us wanted children, and we were both still in college. These points were not an area of conflict, and we were actually engaged; we wanted to settle down together.

We both changed over the duration of our relationship, and her changes were drastic due to her youth. We are both stubborn, and she suffers from serious mental illness. It culminated in a very bad end, but this was just my experience.

Talk to him. Who can say how it may go, for you?
>>
>>16509694
Go for it desu. If the course is almost done and you'll never see each other again it wont be awkward for long if he says no.
>>
>>16509763

As far as I'm aware, he's just getting his education now - been working since he was a teenager - so I don't think settling down is in the cards for him at the moment; But I don't doubt that he's more mature than I, and might want to have children far sooner than I will. But I wouldn't mind settling down in my twenties, as long as it's with the right guy.

>>16509769

I know a few guys who've been in your situation, and it's very painful. I'm sorry you had to go through that, I hope you're okay. And I will talk to him, I hope it's not too late. Thank you!

>>16509790

You're right. If I don't take the chance, I might never see him again, and I feel like I'll regret it if I don't try. I'm just incredibly nervous around him (>palms sweaty, knees weak, mom's spaghetti, the whole deal), so I might have to booze up a tad first. Which is really immature, ha ha, I know! Being shy fucking sucks, man.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.