[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing Cupid?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1384813957759.gif (32 KB, 516x900) Image search: [Google]
1384813957759.gif
32 KB, 516x900
How do I ask my friend to set me up with one of her friends?

I've been feeling lonely and trying to get over this FWB girl I developed feelings for back home.

Background info:
I'm a college student who lives off campus, so meeting new women is a bit harder for me.
I do go out to college/frat parties probably once every 2 or 3 weeks, but I always go with a group of friends and always tend to stick around them for the most part.
I've looked into school clubs but my school only has roughly ~20 clubs and 80% of them are based on majors. The other 20% is shit like the black student union and campus gay pride.
>>
The mentioned places are horrible places to meet a relationship girl... maybe f***buddies but not a relationship. Try looking for hobbies / clubs / etc outside of school.
>>
>>16504397
just go ask her. maybe buy her a drink to grease them wheels
>>
You can casually drop it into conversation when you're talking about stuff to do together. Come up with a fun idea or wait for her to pitch one, then suggest that "maybe she can bring a friend along (wink)."

Not to break your self-esteem but I'd also like to touch on a consideration. If she had suitable friends for whom she also believed you were suitable, don't you think she would have mentioned them by now? People LOVE playing matchmaker.
>>
>>16504399
>Try looking for hobbies / clubs / etc outside of school.
Unfortunately where I go to school is in the middle of nowhere in a small town, so the local hobbies are cow tipping and throwing rocks into the river.

>>16504405
How should I ask? Something like, "Hey if you hear of any of your friends looking for a relationship can you send them my way?"
>>
>>16504412
>If she had suitable friends for whom she also believed you were suitable, don't you think she would have mentioned them by now?

She keeps thinking my FWB girl was someone I was dating. I've had to correct her a bunch of times but she somehow keeps forgetting. I guess I've talked about my fuck buddy too many times around her.
>>
File: 1404534548106.jpg (177 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1404534548106.jpg
177 KB, 500x500
I forgot to ask:
When I ask my friend, do I have to do it in person? Or can I ask her over a text?
I know it's preferable to ask in person, but she lives on campus and when she visits my housemates and I she's always with the crowd.
Meaning: there isn't an opportunity to get her alone and ask privately, so I'm wondering if I can ask over text.
>>
>>16504428
That was a bad idea. You've made sure that she never recommends any of her more respectable friends and acquaintances to you, just in case you turn out to be a sleaze.
>>
>>16504460
Yeah I realize that. I never did it intentionally, she was always just around whenever I mentioned her.

I'd still like to try asking her to set me up, though. She knows me well enough and I trust her.
>>
>>16504415
>How should I ask? Something like, "Hey if you hear of any of your friends looking for a relationship can you send them my way?"

definitely not that. i'd say ask your friend out to have lunch with you and say something like 'you can invite one of your friends to tag along if you want' and if she asks why respond casually, like you want to meet some new people/ make new friends. you could even ask your friend if she has any plans with her friends, and ask if you can tag along (if its some sort of activity, like bowling or something, assuming your good in those situations). hell, you can even be straight up with her and say 'i need a girlfriend', in a friendly, joking way, and see where that takes you.

ultimately what im saying is, hang out with your friends' friends and see what you can do. if your friend sees come sort of connection, then she might help you out.
>>
>>16504535
Really? I feel like if I'm not somewhat direct she wouldn't know that I'm looking for a relationship, and she'd bring someone who isn't available/interested.

How bad is it if I just message her and ask her to keep her ear to the ground?
>>
>>16504577
>3 hours 40 minutes ago
fuck. anyway, i guess just be real honest with your friend. this is how id ask at least - 'hey listen, you think you can do me a favor? ill be honest with you, ive been trying to get into the dating scene recently and it hasnt been going well (you can say that you dont meet too many people b/c your off campus if you want, or is she questions you) and i was curious, if you might know somebody? if anything, im asking if you can let me know if something comes up/ keep yours eyes to the ground for me.' - be sure to say your looking for something serious/long term, so she wont think you have bad intentions. and id say dont send her all that at once, break it up into the conversation so you wont sound desperate

this way your direct in what you want and you dont sound like a creep hunting for poon
>>
>>16504397
why don't you just be a man and straight up ask her. Obviously just don't say it out of the blue but hang out with her and let it come out during a conversation.

"Hey, is X dating anyone? I only ask because I think she's extremely cute and since you guys are such good friends... well, I was hoping you can kind of help me out here."

it really is that easy.
>>
>>16505074
Yeah this is more of what I was thinking, thanks a ton anon.

>>16505093
I'm not going for anyone specific, but I do like where your head is at.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.