[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Joining the military
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: wasps.jpg (840 KB, 3064x2400) Image search: [Google]
wasps.jpg
840 KB, 3064x2400
Hello /adv/,

I'm female, 22 and I'm considering joining the Air Force. Can I hear 4chan's opinion and experiences about the Air Force or military?

Thanks.
>>
hope you like getting raped
>>
>>16498207
>hope you like making false rape claims.

FTFY.
>>
>>16498207

Go on. I heard this was common in the Navy and Army, but Air Force is better.
>>
>>16498216
Raped means

"I got drunk and regret it"
>>
>>16498210
actually, the military in general and the airforce in particular is a terrible place to claim rape whether it happened or not.
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 187x269) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 187x269
>>16498207

Thanks for de-railing my thread.

: ^ )
>>
>>16498229
What do you actually want to know
>>
>>16498242

I want to know people's experiences with the Air Force, but not just anybody's. Which is why I'm asking 4chan -- the military forums are really generalized. I have a Bachelor's degree, am single and I'm in good health. I'm trying to decide if the military is the right decision for me or if I would regret it.
>>
You should also ask /k/
>>
Wasn't rape really common in the 90`s when they started to charge officers? I don't think it happens anymore.
Besides if its a order from a higher rank how is it rape?
>>
>>16498250
Talk to a recruiter about getting your college credits to count towards your rank if you're going enlisted and for fucks sake don't go open general (meaning they put you in a job of their choosing)

Your degree isn't shit if isn't exactly what they want

OTS is easy if you're physically fit and aren't an assburger that can't interact with people

I don't really have a perspective on desk jobs because I work flight line

keep in mind is going to be difficult to get in because all services are undergoing force reduction (downsizing)
>>
>>16498268

I heard that if you have a Bachelor's you can enlist as an E-4. I'm interested in becoming an Officer down the line, but not immediately. I kind of like the idea of being an air traffic controller or in emergency management, but I graduated with a liberal arts degree (history). What will make me more competitive?
>>
>>16498276
You need basically an engineering degree of some sort

I enlisted as E-4 with an associates of science

Air Traffic Controller has one of the highest washout rate in their school and is one of the most stressful jobs I really wouldn't recommend it unless you're for some reason enjoying suffering (you're getting payed the same as an officer that manages the fitness center as well)

Honestly you're better off asking a recruiter about what type of jobs you might like
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.