[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I ask him out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: collie.jpg (147 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
collie.jpg
147 KB, 500x332
I recently relocated to a rural area as a vet. I met this really cool guy with a charismatic, cheerful personality. He's a high school drop-out who's stuck with a dead-end job on a farm and I know my parents will dislike that. Should I ask him out?
>>
He sounds too good for you, desu
>>
>Rural Area
>Farm

I'm assuming they'd be upset due to his lack of "upward mobility"? Tough cookies for them. They aren't going out with him. Besides, you're in a rural area. Farming is sort of a primary way of life in the country.
>>
>>16489294
The collie on your pic looks like my late dog, Mat. He was a good dog, always happy and loyal, loved playing fetch, was very patient with children. He died of an old age, and I miss him since. I hope he's in a dog heaven with his brothers and sisters now.
>>
>>16489294
Yes
>>
Farm boys are usually genuine good guys.
>>
>>16489366
How?
>>
>>16489311
I hope your dog is living the dream up in doggy heaven as well.
>>
>>16489294
Go for it OP
>>
DO IT
>>
>>16489373
Imagine what a good guy is. That's what we're talking about.
>>
>>16489294
Nope. Once the shiny newness is off, you're going to get annoyed at how much more successful you are than he is. You'll realize you settled for a high school drop out, which is absolutely far below you. Which is not to say he's not a good guy. But there are a ton of good guys out there who actually have achieved the bare minimum, and then some. Don't sell yourself short. Date in your league.
>>
>>16489523
>>16489525
...so?
>>
>>16489294
why the hell not? you have no idea if it will even progress to the point of introducing him to your folks. may as well give it a go, op. unless poor is a deal breaker for you
>>
Just try
>>
>>16489294
yup
>>
Most people would probably say no but most people are superficial ass holes.

If you like the person it shouldn't matter how shitty they're presently doing as long as they're trying to improve.

I come from a rural area and am a highschool drop out as well. It's really hard to find anything but a dead end job... I'm sure he would really appreciate you showing interest because I can tell you first hand, being a drop out and having less than most men makes you feel inferior and he may never ask you out for that reason if you don't do it first.
>>
>>16491654
You feel inferior because you ARE inferior, you shithead. Stop being such a useless fuck and make something of your life. You don't deserve a decent woman if you're some lazy dropout who feels they're above a "dead end" job. A job is a job and you should be so lucky, you fuckup.
>>
>>16489525
vets aren't that successful, dude.

I mean, more successful than a farm hand, sure, but they're not like doctors.
>>
>>16491674
guys like >>16491654 are failures though
>>
yes!
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.