[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reposting something from yesterday for more answers and more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Reposting something from yesterday for more answers and more audience.

Approximately 8 days ago I purchased a good's gym 5 in 1 door gym trainer. Have since only used it once. i want to return it but upon disassembling it, the cheap plastic part of the design broke. That part is very much essential though it was cheap plastic.

Option A) return item and no not even mention it's broken. This might work depending on the mood of the Walmart customer service person I talk to
Option B) be honest. Tell them it broke while trying to disassemble (or assemble) it, and that I don't want a replacement. I just want my money back.
>>
>>16488637
Don't forget to tell us you're a well-known regular there. That's probably an important detail too.
>>
I don't really want it anymore. It dawned on me I could've just used a cinder block to put my feet in to help me do sit ups, not an expensive piece of equipment. And I can use tree branches for chin ups and whatnot. Or even go to the park and play on a jungle gym. So yeah I could keep this product, but for only 1 part of it, and I don't feel it's worth it anymore
>>
>>16488647
Oh yes hello you must've seen the previous thread.
Yeah I'm well known there. This Walmart is 2 miles away from home and has everything cheaper than all the local stores. Seriously. I've been known to visit more than twice a week sometimes.
>>
I work at a supermarket, here's my two cents.

If you go with Option A, they'll almost definitely check what condition it's in before they issue you a refund, and if they find you lied about its condition, that definitely works against you and you're not going to get your money back.
If you go with Option B, you broke it so they're probably not going to give you a refund because why should they bear the loss when you were the one who fucked it up?

I don't know what the law is where you live, but generally you're not entitled to a refund just because you changed your mind.
>>
>>16488665
Kek I actually return items a lot because I make a lot of impulse buys. I meticulously and carefully save all packaging & receipts just for this purchase. Essentially I change my mind a lot with purchases. And usually they're either unused or used once. Nobody bats an eye
>>
>>16488685
Like I said, it depends on where you live, and just because you're not legally entitled to it doesn't mean that the store won't give it to you. If it's in original condition, we generally don't mind exchanging or refunding it, but the fact that it's broken is an issue.
>>
>>16488686
Yeah

Could I just get a replacement maybe?
>>
>>16488701
Given that you broke it? No. Like I said earlier, why should they bear your loss?
>>
>>16488705
I guess.
I wouldn't feel as bad if I actually had spendable income. Financially I'm not really in a position to be spending money, and $21 is a lot of money for me.
>>
>>16488711
Well I guess this is a lesson for you then. If you needed that $21, I don't know why you bought it in the first place.
>>
>>16488715
Because I wanted to improve myself.

Anyway don't think that I hate Walmart and its employees. I actually respect them very much for all they put up with. Retail is rough. I myself was a cashier for several months, but Walmart employees probably get treated worse than I got treated at my store.

So that's why I don't want to fuck these people over. They're just trying to do their job and I'm the dumb customer, right? I don't want to get them in trouble
>>
>>16488737
So this experience is going to help you improve yourself in a different way.

And I'm not saying you hate the employees or that you wish them any ill, I don't know where you're getting this idea from. All I said is that there is no reason that they should have to bear the loss even though you broke it. That's like if someone else broke something of yours and then refused to pay you back for the damage they caused and left you to pay for to fix it.
>>
>>16488737
Basically, the fact is that you're not entitled to a refund in this situation, and that Walmart is not obliged to give you one. If they do (which is unlikely), that's a good will gesture on their part, but you have no reason to expect that they will
>>
Just try to return it for your cash. The only thing they can do is say no. At least get a functioning one if they dont let you return it for cash.

Christ you guys are just inept as fuck sometimes, lol. Who makes a thread like this? All of your problems are so damn trivial.
>>
>>16488766
First world problems m8. They're still problems no matter how trivial. But I think I'm gonna go with the advice from the one who's been there, done that. I really am in the wrong here. It's not like the item will be totally useless. There's 1 part I can still use
>>
>>16488637
Say you opened it and it was broken. I bought a cheap bookshelf from Walmart and it was busted up and broken when I opened it because it was that cheap piece of shit fake wood. They replaced it no problems, because I wanted it, not my money back but I'm sure they would have given me money if I wanted.
>>
>>16488840
So, lie.

Actually a good idea if youre not too morally moral
>>
I'm going to try
>>
I bought a desk from Wal-Mart a few years back. It looked like it wouldne sturdy but in wasn't at all with my old ancient monitor on it. Same thing happened to me when taking it apart. I just said it was missing a piece and they took it no problem.
>>
>>16489214
How does this sound? "The plastic part of the door gym trainer broke upon using it for the very first time. I couldn't do anything about it sooner because I got my wisdom teeth out 2 days ago. Is there a way I could get a replacement or refund?"

Bit about wisdom teeth is true. But I hate white lying. Does this seem doable?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.