[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say I hypothetically have to become homeless with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Neutral-Milk-Hotel-.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Neutral-Milk-Hotel-.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
Let's say I hypothetically have to become homeless with no money.

What are the best places to sleep? Best cities to be homeless? Best way to survive until I save up enough money for rent?
>>
>>16486925
NYC and the train
>>
>>16486955
But if i was homeless in nyc how could i make enough money for rent?
>>
>>16486955
>NYC
a cold, expensive city that has been a pioneer in criminalizing homelessness?
>>
>>16486925
Not sure about the best cities to be homeless in, however I have had some experience sleeping out in the forest (no tents, no equipment etc) for a month with a few friends(who later fucked off because they had no taste for adventure but w/e), just using the resources I could find in the forest.

Best places to sleep depends on where you are planning to go, since you have to think about potential predators, threats e.t.c. For example, I was fine making a leafy bed on the forest floor, but if you live in a country where deadly spiders are common I would sleep somewhere higher up etc.

If you look up online you can find lots of plants, berries, nuts etc. that are edible. For example, dandelion leaves and roots, clovers (three leaf clovers, they're practically everywhere in the UK) etc.

Also, pigeons are practically everywhere and a good source of meat (obv if you cook properly). There are videos online showing how to prepare pigeon for eating.

All the best.
>>
sling dope on the corner
>>
>>16486983
I don't know any connects, maybe if I used the dnms but I wouldn't have a delivery address
>>
>>16486981
This sounds good but it seems getting a job would be tricky, also the pigeon videos seem to not show you how to cook it outside
>>
Santa Cruz, CA has a huge homeless culture. Its, like, a choice, man.

Try sleeping in overnight parking garages. They tend to retain heat, and they generally have at least one security guard, so hopefully no one stabs you in your sleep. When I was homeless, they would let us sleep there, and then come wake us up at 6am.

Also, try apartment complexes with stairs. They often have utility rooms/water pipe rooms that aren't used and sometimes are left unlocked. I found one once with 2 hot water pipes far enough away to lay between. Toasty.
>>
>>16487048
Howd you get out off homelessness? Umm sure you got a job and everything but what job and how did you save up?
>>
>>16487048
Are you from California? What do you think about bumming it out in big sur.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.