[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey docfags or nursefags, I was wondering, does this third degree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: webcam-toy-photo6.jpg (60 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
webcam-toy-photo6.jpg
60 KB, 800x600
Hey docfags or nursefags, I was wondering, does this third degree burn look like it might be getting infected? Also, what's the best way to disinfect/clean this kind of burn wound? Do I rip off the skin that's potentially infected, then clean? Do I wrap it, or leave it out to let it 'breathe'?
>>
Peroxide on it multiple times a day. Let it breathe but cover it if you gotta work with your hands.
>>
>>16473932
How about any antibiotics of sorts? Also, non-stick bandages should work fine, correct? And should I give the peroxide time to dry before bandaging it or should I put the bandage on there while the peroxide is still working it's foaming magic?
>>
>>16473932
Peroxide's effectiveness has been heavily called into question lately. Its supposed antibacterial properties have not lived up to their name, showing that it was usually ineffective at reducing bacteria at the site.

OP, get silver sulfadiazine cream, you should be able to find it in a decent drug store. It's used heavily to treat burns of second degree or worse. I recently had to go to a burn ward and the silver cream is what they used.

The advice about letting it breathe but covering if working is sound, though. Listen to that.
>>
>>16473955
Would first degree burn cream work as well? I got that because even though it's definitely third degree, it's actually not all that painful since I pretty much temporarily numbed my nerves with freezing cold water right after it happened.
>>
>>16473955
Addendum: I do suggest that you cover it while the silver cream is on the injury, to prevent it from being rubbed off.
>>
>>16473950
Wait till it's dry before you wrap it. Any bandage is fine, I imagine.

>>16473955
Could be right. I always used water, soap, and peroxide, never had a problem. But anything antibacterial will do fine.
>>
>>16473966
Third degree is also known to be less painful than second degree because it destroys nerve endings.

I recommend against using first degree burn cream if you can help it. Use it as a last resort if you can't find something stronger, but the hand is a delicate area and you don't want burns or infections on it. You want to treat it fast and thoroughly to prevent further damage.
>>
If the burn is really third-degree as assessed by a doctor, you need to be really careful and attentive to not lose mobility in the joint.

http://www.mdguidelines.com/burn-of-wrist-and-hand

Here's a bit of a guide you can use, but if you can afford a doctor, get proper treatment. You don't want to be unable to use your thumb.
>>
>>16473981
Should I rip off the bad/brown skin before all of this disinfecting?
>>
OP here, also, should i make sure to keep flexing my thumb every now and again? It doesn't hurt all that much to bend it, but there is a bit of resistance from the skin, it's really tight when I try to bend it.
>>
don't fucking bend it you retard

Treat it let it dry
don't use gauze or any fabric to wrap it
Use cling wrap

give it some sunlight

search the internet for more reputable tips not fucking 4chan you bellend
>>
>>16473973
>>16474043
fucking bellends

the skin needs to stay on if you're this retarded go to a doctor before you lose the thumb not due to the burn but your sheer fucking autism
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.