[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw "I only see you as a friend anon" >"We
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: tumblr_n84bnr2fLZ1r472txo1_500.gif (818 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n84bnr2fLZ1r472txo1_500.gif
818 KB, 500x313
>tfw "I only see you as a friend anon"
>"We can still hang out as friends though, I just don't like you in that way."

Should I even bother? I feel dead now.
>>
Hard to say. If you want to be friends go for it. My wife and I started in the "Just friends" situation. I also know another couple where she said the sand thing. They're engaged now. Not saying that'll happen for sure, but nothing is certain.
>>
Don't do it to yourself.

By all means be friendly if you have to see her. Don't be friends. At least not this soon. Not worth the badfeels.
>>
Grow up; get over her; move on; there's 7 billion people in the world, I'm sure you can associate your life with one other person since you can be happy alone; fucking beta.
>>
Same* damned phone.
>>
>>16472378
Now I'm just going to have my hope up... I really can't stand it. I still have to work with her on class assignments.
>>16472379
I see, I'll just withdraw from her then, if possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 225x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 225x250
>>16472368
You know that feeling of death? It never tones down until you leave. Then the battle begins to move on and heal.
Cut and run now or become a kek dumping ground for her relationship issues with others as you sit permanently frozen in the friend zone
>>
You can if you think there's still something in it for you. However you're on 4chan, so it's a safe bet that getting over your feelings and moving on will be impossible for you unless you cut ties.

Just because other people can rise above doesn't mean you can, but that's fine. You don't deserve being subjected to self-imposed torture over it. If you can't let it go, let her go.
>>
File: astronauta.png (53 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
astronauta.png
53 KB, 256x256
>me
>a boy
>with proper penis
>did this to a girl after dating her
>actually became friends with her
>>
>>16472405
>>16472405
Fucking hell, I guess I should throw in the towel. I tried for three months. Why do women have to flirt with me and then do this?
>>
>>16472464
Flirting is fun. It doesn't mean they want something more than the flirtation. What you're doing is trying to shift the responsibility for your eager expectations. I understand the link between flirting and romantic interest but you can't go assuming it every time. Just because they can connect doesn't mean they do connect. Sometimes--often times, in fact--it's just flirting.

Considering how many very stupid and dim-witted people manage to have relationships, perhaps you should take a page from the simple minded rulebook: everything is taken at face value. What does it mean when a girl flirts? That she wants to flirt. What does it mean when she looks at you? That she likes looking at you. And if you want to know what she thinks about more involved stuff, you have to find that out directly. Don't try to do the "smart" thing of reading between the lines. Be stupider.
>>
I don't understand, did she do something wrong?
>>
>>16472478
Well, this was the first time I asked someone out, I rejected two other girls before. I guess my standards are too damn high, and I've never really taken initiative. I'll just stop thinking about love and just ask people out if I feel like it. I over-analyze too much. I'm still fucking distraught though.
>>
>>16472480
Who said that?
>>
>>16472485
Love is what develops after you've been in a relationship for months. Of course it has nothing to do with dating. That's like telling me that a PhD dissertation has anything to do with high school students. You're not just putting the cart before the horse; you don't even own any horses yet and here you are worrying about the cart.

Yes, ask people out if you feel like it and assume nothing about their interest until you get that specific answer to that specific question. Flirting is flirting, attention is attention, dating is dating. Those are all separate.

>fucking distraught
Well yeah, that's what happens when you build up false expectation over a few months. Just remember that you're no worse off right now than you would have been if you asked her out three months ago. Your situation would be exactly the same. The only difference is that it's November instead of August.
>>
>>16472493
>>16472464
Also the general implication that if a girl just wants to be friends, she's not worth your time
>>
>takes 3 months to get an answer
>blames girl

>>
>>16472501
Why can't you understand why OP would word things like this? Instead of questioning how such statements are even possible simply because you disagree with them, why not give advice?
>>
>>16472533
This.

She can't read your actual mind, OP.
>>
>>16472533
I believe you misinterpreted that.
>>
>should I even bother

You were her friend for the sole purpose of getting laid.

This is why you will always be a social outcast. Because you will never get along with people unless you have something to gain.
>>
>>16472544
Again, misinterpreted. When did I ever say that?
>>
>>16472538
Because there's no advice to give other than'she doesn't want to date you, get the fuck over it". Blaming her and playing the victim is a waste of time, she's under no obligation date OP
>>
>>16472552
Yep, that's all you had to say in the first place, is my point. inb4 something about hand-holding, smartass.
>>
>>16472540
well now you know to act faster / more decisive next time.
>>
>>16472559
It doesn't even need to be said, and this thread is pointless
>>
>>16472561
She partially reasoned telling me she didn't know me too well.
>>
>>16472565
Fine, I'm not going to argue there really.
Hope everyones having a good Tuesday!
>>
File: 1430681047397.jpg (58 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1430681047397.jpg
58 KB, 640x360
>>16472576
Nope.
>>
>>16472548
Gr8 rationalization. If you didn't mind being just her friend, then this wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>16472368
It blows, but there isn't anything you can do except make her sorry she passed you up.
>>
Here's the problem with most single guys that get "friendzoned". You want everybody. Nobody wants you. Because you're so fixed on getting someone else, you haven't done shit with yourself.

You're just a "hopeless romantic" whatever the fuck that means. That offers no value in real life. That's not appealing to anyone. That's not interesting. That's fucking boring.

The reality is that there are just TOO MANY GUYS TO DATE. You have to make yourself stand out or there is literally no reason to like you.
>>
>>16472544
>This is why you will always be a social outcast. Because you will never get along with people unless you have something to gain.

Trolololo.

Everyone is friends or fuckbuddies or in a relationship with another person because they have something to gain: companionship, sex, reliability, etc.

Literally every person gets into a relationship with someone else because they like something about that other person that fills their own life up.

You don't hang out with people who punch you in the face, do you? Of course not, and its because you like having times filled with pleasant exchanges, and therefore seek people like that.

relationships are always about the self.

That's why Chads get laid left and right and then girls cry to their beta orbiters about how he didnt call back after she put out pussy.

If you think that people don't try to befriend others without something to gain, then you haven't met Chad Thundercock (or you're delusional). He's no outcast.
>>
>>16472605
Yeah, you're retarded. You might not know if, but people know you're the guy with the knife behind his back. Always guarded. Always on the look out for number 1.

They know you're never going to be reliable to ask for a favor. They know you're never going to be able to trust you around their partners. Your'e a shit-tier human being who will always stay in a shitty social circle thinking that you deserve better, but you don't.
>>
>>16472612
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/head-games/201310/why-do-women-fall-bad-boys
https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2013/04/26/why-are-men-with-dark-triad-personalities-so-irresistible-to-women/

>https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2013/04/26/why-are-men-with-dark-triad-personalities-so-irresistible-to-women/

>Machiavellianism is a tendency to be manipulative and deceitful. It usually stems from a lack of respect or disillusionment for others.

>Psychopathy reflects shallow emotional responses. The relative lack of emotions results in high stress tolerance, low empathy, little guilt and leads them to seek extremely stimulating activities, resulting in impusivity and a disposition towards interpersonal conflict.

Yeah, no. You're the retarded fucknut here. The sad thing is, you're ascribing all these awful traits to "nice guys" out there because nice guys never get anything in life for themselves, and then they complain about it, which leads to the fallacy "You complain therefore you aren't a nice guy and just trying to be manipulative." It totally has nothing to do with the fact that for all their social training in how to build relationships with others, they get shit on. Not at all, no. It is, in the logic of women, totally impossible to actually be nice but also desire shit

Let's break down the logic.

>A nice guy must be nice genuinely, because then he'd actually be interesting to women and women would want to fuck him. If he complains, he must not be nice because if you're nice you should get those rewards of being nice automatically, or you shouldn't complain when you get nothing no matter how much you put into interpersonal relationships compared to others.

>If you complain, you aren't nice, however, we'll totally fuck these guys that manipulate and abuse, and still try to call them the next day because we're in love with them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9XDb0nxSO4

A woman who understands reality would like a word with you vis a vis youtube.
>>
>>16472612
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzMrUc6e204

you want to hear some backstabbing knife tactics of guys who get laid, listen to the first 20 seconds of this.
>>
>>16472612
If you find yourself putting girls before your goals, wants, needs and desires, then you are a nice guy my friend. As selfish as it sounds, you should be putting yourself #1. Not only will you benefit more due to this mentality, but girls will be more attracted to you as a result. Don’t ever put a girl before your goals and life. Women should complement your life, never BE your life.

One of the most blatant signs of a nice guy is the cat who’s always apologizing, even when he doesn’t need to. Stop fucking apologizing to girls, in fact if you’re in doubt of whether you should apologize or not, don’t. A girl might forgive you for being a dick, but she’ll never forgive you for being a pussy constantly asking for her approval.

If you’re that guy spending two hours eating the chick out trying to make her cum, I have news for you. 1. You’re not doing something right sexually. 2. She’ll get more satisfaction if you ravage her like a dominate male then spend all of your time trying to please her sexually. Don’t believe me? Try both and see the result.

Life lesson. Be selfish. It gets you everything you want.
>>
>>16472730
ROFL not even that guy but you're using a fucking redpill block to support your argument. Fucking pathetic. Maybe use something even approximating a reputable source then people might take you seriously instead of the MRA faggot you are.
>>
>>16472779
Psychologytoday is redpill? That's news to me.
>>
>>16472787
Psychologytoday is the Dr Oz of psychology blogs.
>>
>>16472793
The article is written by a woman, and cites studies.
>>
>>16472793
>Psychology is the Dr. Oz of science
FTFY
>>
>>16472804
I was prepared to make that point, but I didn't want to become embroiled in a debate about how soft of a "science" psychology is.
>>
File: 1435096635806.jpg (254 KB, 1298x1316) Image search: [Google]
1435096635806.jpg
254 KB, 1298x1316
>>16472730
>meme science

literally your opinion man
>>
>>16472566
lie to spare your feelings.
people know within seconds usually.

chances are she wrote you off long ago.
>>
>>16472815
As much as it is opinion to say that nice guys that complain about the friend zone are entitled.
>>
File: 1437424892239.jpg (47 KB, 463x494) Image search: [Google]
1437424892239.jpg
47 KB, 463x494
>>16472827
>As much as it is opinion to say that nice guys that complain about the friend zone are entitled.
>I literally can't discern the fact this is an opinion
>>
>>16472368
Do you want to be her friend? If so, be her friend. If not, cut contact.

Wow that was fucking hard.
>>
Why do you fight it OP? Just be friends with her.
You're probably going to realize why dating her was a bad idea after being her friend for a while.
>>
If you lack experience with girls, still hang out with her but only occasionally. Get used more to womenish type of thinking
>>
Thanks to those who actually gave advice, I'm feeling a bit better but still extremely confused. I have no idea how I should interact with her or what I should say.
>>
>>16473062
Still be friendly if given the chance, but don't cater to her every need or anything.

You need to get her out of your mind though. Treat her like you would the rest of the 6.999 billion other assholes on this rock.
>>
>>16472368
Ah man one time i was dead inside it was truly awesome i just didnt care those were the days
>>
>>16472368
My first gf did the same thing to me except it was a friends with benefits offer.

In retrospect I shouldve taken her up on it for the free sex but I was only 17 back then so i spazzed out like any 17 year old having babby's first broken heart.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.