[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sign of something bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 81SrMkHMS2L._SL1500_.jpg (140 KB, 1500x588) Image search: [Google]
81SrMkHMS2L._SL1500_.jpg
140 KB, 1500x588
My girlfriend has been on the depo-provera shot for two years, no longer has periods, ect. We are sexually active and have been for about 4 months, and I know how effective depo is, but she gained a small amount of weight recently, and feels sick sometimes after eaten typically salty foods, has difficulty sleeping, but also stresses over really stupid stuff so it could be that.
I've asked her a few times if we could pregnancy test as just a precaution, I'm busy but I would pay for her to get it, she finally agreed yesterday but then decided that she doesn't need it and it'll look bad when she buys it.
She's really attached to me and loves and kids a lot
Part of me wonder if she would care that she was pregnant because that would mean she could have me longer, but I think that's just me being paranoid
Should I be worried or trust depo-provera and her
>>
>>16465711
>it'll look bad when she buys it.
you buy it

solved
>>
Part of using birth control responsibly is using pregnancy tests when your birth control eliminates your periods.

She absolutely should be doing that.
>>
its 99% effective so idk
>>
It's kind of hard to say with certainty whether or not she's pregnant, but I would have her check with a doc to be sure. For all you know, it could simply be a hormonal issue (I had a reduced appetite the first time I took the pill, then was always hungry when I switched brands a year or so later). Or it could be a psychological issue, too. That's definitely something that could be affecting her weight, appetite, moods, etc. Honestly, like I said before, asking a doctor is the best way to figure out the cause of her symptoms instead of driving yourself insane with worrying.
>>
>>16465895
But not 100%, especially if she's not using it perfectly. It's better safe than sorry.
>>
>>16466102
Well it's taken once every 3 months at planned parenthood, and she hasn't missed a date, not sure what can go wrong on her part besides that
>>
>>16466172
Still, it's never 100%. There's always a chance. I see no reason to not take the test, ESPECIALLY if she's showing pregnancy symptoms.
>>
>>16466203
Weight gain and nausea are the common side effects and Depo-Provera is actually over 99% effective - cited figure is 99.8%
If op wants his girlfriend to take a pregnancy test he should definitely buy it himself. Mostly because he's the one who's concerned but also because she's already dealing with contraception. Which even without significant side effects isn't very pleasant.
>>
>>16466257
I agree
>>
>>16466257
actually, she has hardly any side effects, and has been taking it much longer than I've known her by choice, but I do see your point and I may agree
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.