[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My anxiety is interfering with college. It seems like every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
My anxiety is interfering with college.

It seems like every time I have a writing/speech assignment, I get very anxious knowing I have to work on it, which feels uncomfortable, and so I procrastinate quite a bit. Of course, eventually I do end up doing it, but the closer I get to the file that I'm working on, the more anxious I get.
As I'm working I remain anxious and, without realizing, I walk off my computer and start pacing around with a jumbled mess of ideas in my head, trying to think of more or different ideas. Pacing like this is very wasteful because I think it happens so I would further procrastinate. I try to catch myself getting up from my chair but I don't always do, and end up spending a wasteful amount of time just pacing around and being anxious.

Not sure what to do. I have a speech assignment that's due on Thursday and I should be working on it, but even the moment I think about doing it I just get anxious and I want to get away from that feeling.
>>
I have the same problem OP, I'm putting off writing an eight page paper.

The only way to get past this is by facing your anxiety and using that nervous energy to get it the project done. You need to get out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>16462177
Yeah but what makes me anxious is working on the actual thing. I can work and keep working on it but I feel like I'm just getting so overwhelmed by everything in my head and the anxiety that I end up just walking away without even realizing. Sometimes I'll just start doing something else and go like "o shit, how did I end up doing this? I need to work on my speech", completely forgotten that I have a speech to do.
>>
>>16462188
I know how you feel but unless you get it done soon you'll only be more anxious. It's easy to say 'face your fear' but that's really the only answer here unless you've got medication for your anxiety.
>>
>>16462204
No I don't have any medication and I haven't even been diagnosed with anything. Tbh, I don't wanna get diagnosed because it's probably a psychological problem and knowing I have some "anxiety disorder" might make it worse.

Yeah, true. I just need to sit through the anxiety and do it.

Are you doing your stuff?
>>
>>16462220
Fuck. I am now.
>>
>>16462229
Ok let's work on our assignments.
>>
>>16462229
What is your paper about?
>>
I stopped fapping and it disappeared.
>>
>>16462284
Sounds like a placebo effect to me.
>>
If anyone has more advice it would be great.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.