[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop fantasizing about being handicapped?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: neckbeard_bodypillow.jpg (121 KB, 680x1209) Image search: [Google]
neckbeard_bodypillow.jpg
121 KB, 680x1209
How do I stop fantasizing about being handicapped?
>>
By getting handicapped.
>>
make it a reality
>>
>>16458745
How do I do that without risking accidentally killing myself?

I can't deal with blindness.
>>
>>16458752
Talk to your psychologist, apparently that can get you what you want.
>>
>>16458752
Put your hand in closing machine press.
>>
>>16458765
if you're talking about that woman who wanted to be blind and had dishwasher dropped to her eyes or some shit, that was not a real psychologist.

Besides, it's not a body identity disorder thing. I don't have some exact specific handicap in mind. I just wish there was some immediate visible way to let people know there's no sense in expecting me to do as well as everyone else.
>>
>>16458782
If that's what you want, just start eating at McDonald's three times a day. You'll get your wish in a month.
>>
>>16458794
The goal was to receive LESS hate for being incompetent.

I don't have the patience to be underweight, either. I always somehow end up eating even when I decide that I won't.
>>
>>16458809
So you're fat?
>>
>I just wish there was some immediate visible way to let people know there's no sense in expecting me to do as well as everyone else.

What does having a handicap have to do with this? You want to have different rules than everyone else. If you get a handicap, you're going to be the same person, feel the same way, and have a handicap. How does adding to the difficulty help you in anyway?
>>
>>16458862
People will aknowledge that I have a visible handicap.

Nobody gives a shit about how you feel. It's not an achievement to do as well as everyone else.
>>
>>16458740
>4chan
>not handicapped
>>
>>16458871
Depression and 4chan are invisible handicaps and being anemic doesn't count.
>>
>>16458869

>People will aknowledge that I have a visible handicap.

So, you're own highly subjective idea of what a handicap is and how people will respond to it is correct? Have you spoken to people with handicaps? Why do you care what other people think?

>Nobody gives a shit about how you feel.

Ok, no one gives a shit how you feel, whether you're disabled or not. So what does being disabled have to do with it? Apparently I don't give a shit about how you feel (you can't possible know or understand that BTW) so what good is having no left arm, or no legs, going to do? How are you going to feel better? Remember, I don't give a shit about you, so what will change for you?

>It's not an achievement to do as well as everyone else.

No one is telling you to do well apart from yourself. This is your key problem, you're convinced that people are forcing you to do well. You care, so much, about other people's opinion, that you would like to be disabled, so that you can (from your point of view) justify the fact that you haven't met up to (your imagined ideas of) their expectations of you.
>>
>>16458927
If you're in a wheelchair, peope are going to give you significantly less shit for not going for a run every morning
>>
>>16458937
Who the fuck gives you shit over that and why do you associate with them?
>>
>>16458945
Because people always judge each other. They're always competing. I need an acceptable excuse to not compete.
>>
>>16458949
So you're just insecure. Great reason to cripple yourself, anon.
>>
>>16458850
Never been overweight. I just can't get myself below 125 lbs and remain functional.

>>16458956
What did you expect? To collect disability, I'd need to be blind, and I am both willing to work for a living and too attached to my eyesight to give it up.
>>
So basically you just want people to feel bad for you?
>>
>>16458975
>To collect disability, I'd need to be blind, and I am both willing to work for a living and too attached to my eyesight to give it up.
So what? That has nothing to do with anything I said. You just want to cripple yourself because you have some sort of persecution complex.
>>
>>16459020
well I feel like shit regardless.

would you rather be thousands in debt for a car, or thousands in debt for no reason?
>>
File: goddamnit.png (46 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
goddamnit.png
46 KB, 200x200
>>16459039
Ah, silly me, I thought you were retarded for real.
>>
>>16459050
Is it like your default go-to thing, announcing that someone is a troll as soon as you realise you can't help?
>>
>>16458740
maim yourself, then you won't NEED to fantasize, anon.
>>
>>16459110
The question is either how to get myself to stop, or how to do it in a way that's both permanent and won't risk accidentally killing me.

Getting hit by a car was a stupid idea, though I didn't really do that one 100% on purpose. Only broke my leg, ruined my bike and scared the shit out of the girl who was driving. I liked hobbling around with the sticks for the while, but a leg heals surprisingly fast.
>>
Anyone know whose artist panel that is in OP post? Not necessarily the body pillow but specifically the dragon/girl painting
>>
>>16459184
I seriously want that body pillow.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.