[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, not sure what to do and wondering if anyone else has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Pills-spilling.jpg (20 KB, 500x466) Image search: [Google]
Pills-spilling.jpg
20 KB, 500x466
Hey guys, not sure what to do and wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I've been diagnosed with depression, though this is not my first episode. Usually I would feel better after treatment and drop the medication and a year later relapse into depression again. This time I've been on Citalopram for most of this year. Initially it was really effective, but now all of a sudden I'm having panic attacks and anxiety, which never used to be a problem before. It also seems to be getting worse.

Is this typical with SSRIs? Should I change or supplement medications? I just feel like I'm getting far worse this time than improving despite not halting medication.
>>
I was under the impression that people knew that these psychiatric medicines are bad for you long-term.

Maybe start doing some work and try to lead a normal life or kill yourself.
>>
>>16457223
I took paxil for about a year and it wasnt hard to get off of but it was the weirdest feeling ive ever felt going cold turkey. I dont know what they do and I guess it depends on what youre taking them for but my experience was they are terrible.
>>
>>16457233
>Maybe start doing some work and try to lead a normal life
Well, that is the attempt. Depression on one hand disrupts the hell out of my sleep and eating habits. On the other hand, now suddenly having random intense panic attacks is not much better for "leading a normal life."

If anything these are concerns for disrupting my work and normal life.
>>
>>16457244
People have given up on people like you a long time ago. You see the same shit every day with this generation. All I can tell you is that it's all your fucking imagination but you are not capable of listening. If you were capable of that, you would not be having these problems.

Depression is a fucking sad joke, regardless of the endless amount of edgy stories you can produce about how serious your depression is.
>>
>>16457252
>Endless amount of edgy
That's pretty strong projection coming from you. It seems you're having two difficult cases of reading. One, you're here when you should be on /b/. Two, you're failing to understand I'm not "complaining" about depression or anything of the sort. If anything it's been well under control through my lifestyle changes and medication. I'm more concerned about the sudden arrival of random panic attacks that aren't the result of any action or lack thereof.
>>
>>16457233
As long as we can kill you first
>>
>That's pretty strong projection coming from you. It seems you're having two difficult cases of reading. One, you're here when you should be on /b/. Two, you're failing to understand I'm not "complaining" about depression or anything of the sort

here it is, this is why you will never get laid. enjoy your 'depression'
>>
>>16457252
Stopped reading 1/4 of the way through, you type too much
>>
>>16457252

OP, ignore this guy. He's an edgelord faggot who's never touched a woman before. Depression is very real, and kudos to you for stepping up and trying to make your life better.

I've heard good things about Wellbutrin. Lately I've been really into psychoanalysis though as finding the "root" of a lot of my problems has been helping me.
>>
dont samefag too much op and u might b good on those panic attacks
>>
Personally never experienced that, same as you for meds though, except much shorter time, usually 3-4 months and I'm not taking them. Normally forget a few days then it becomes a week and I realise I'm fine/don't need them, that continues for about 2 months and lol suicidal thoughts are back.
>>
>>16457296
Sorry to hear that. Seems to be pretty typical when you start feeling better you just forget about the medication.

>>16457274
Willbutrin looks alright, especially since it's not an SSRI. However as I do occasionally drink alcohol and the side effect of seizures (especially with alcohol) sounds like a much bigger risk than the anxiety/panic attacks honestly.

But perhaps finding something to supplement my SSRI for the anxiety might be an idea.
>>
that is not typical if you are taking your medication as prescribed and not missing your doses and you have not initiated another medication that would interact with citalopram.

if anything, patients may get increased anxiety when first initiating an SSRI during the first few weeks of therapy.

I recommend contacting your doctor about the lack of efficacy citalopram is giving you. He may decide to titrate your dose up (depending on what dose you're on now) or switch you to another medication (perhaps in the same class; perhaps not)
>>
>>16457402
That's what I was afraid of. I had only heard of side effects (besides sexual ones) only really showing up for the first month or so of medication. I'm on 20mg now, so it is possible to move to 40mg. Then again I wonder if citalopram may have been giving me slight restless leg syndrome as well but can't be too sure either way.
>>
>>16457412
no it does not cause restless leg syndrome
>>
>>16457425
Yeah, I just checked myself and it only seems that some people had it exacerbate their pre-existing restless leg syndrome. Seems more likely this is just a result of the anxiety.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.