[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
fucking faggot is a loser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ohman.jpg (33 KB, 450x319) Image search: [Google]
ohman.jpg
33 KB, 450x319
Im a senior in high school. I've done shitty all four years of high school, like really shitty, and now it's dawning on me that im about to be exposed to the real world. My grades are so shit and im afraid i wont get to go to college without taking student loans out and be in debt for the rest of my life, or that any college will even accept me anyway. I dont want to be a failure or have a shitty life. But tell me like it is; is it over for me? Will I even get to go to college and get a job? I dont want to be a loser or live with my parents
>>
Go to drama school, I know you'll make a killing just from this post alone!
>>
if i came off as an overdramatic bitch im sorry but i want to off myself for the last few months and im tired of worrying about this
>>
Jobs could care less about your high school GPA just as long as you have an actual diploma! And community college accepts EVERYBODY.
>>
community college is what ive basically set my sights on. it still costs money tho and my family is paycheck to paycheck broke as fuck. is it attainable w just a basic job?
>>
i was in the same position as you about 2 years ago, i got a job at an amazon warehouse(11.25$ so i didnt have to live at home) and started going to community college when i graduated, which worked out really well for me. if you do your very best at community college and get your GPA up, you'll be able to transfer to a university that you won't be able to get in with your current GPA
>>
>>16456780

Don't worry.

I graduated high school with a really low GPA, and was really worried and wanted to kill myself. I went to community college for 2 years and saved a ton of money -- all of my friends that started at CU or whatever didn't even finish their degrees and are in debt. When you're done with your 2 year degree or general courses, just go study what you want to and stick with it. Also consider the Air Guard or National Guard during school for a part-time job if you're worried about tuition. They'll pay for it all and you'll get job assistance. If you aren't interested in the military, just get a job. Doesn't matter if it's like fast food or something, you'll be working for something.
>>
1. Go to a Community College for two years and figure things out

2. Get financial aid. Talk to you advisers.

3. High school is meaningless.
>>
>>16456792
The less money your parents make the more money the gov will loan you generally. If you demonstrate hard work your first semester the school will be a lot more willing to work with you. A community college should be affordable on a full time job.

Or you can use the near infinite free resources on the internet and make a product/design an app/come up with any idea and sell that.
>>
High school is fucking meaningless lol

seriously though, try a CC or a trade.
>>
If you are a creative individual or hardworking you will be just fine. Chase your dreams. Even if you have to sleep in a gutter. School doesnt matter. Grades just measure how hard you work not how successful you will be. I know dropouts making more money then validictorians.
>>
>>16456780
Not everyone is meant for university. You might be better off getting a job - any job - for a while and looking into training for some skilled trade (plumbing, construction, etc.)

If you want to go to university and feel you've grown up enough to take it seriously, go to a 2-year community college. A couple of years of good grades there will impress the universities and outweigh the bad high school grades.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.