[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's it like to have a sister?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 4546556464.jpg (29 KB, 407x421) Image search: [Google]
4546556464.jpg
29 KB, 407x421
Just curious, I have one older brother. There was a chance I might have had another sibling but the embryo died
>>
File: Snapchat-6961648225014869873.jpg (124 KB, 720x1184) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-6961648225014869873.jpg
124 KB, 720x1184
Like having a girl living with you that in many a case carries most of your father's traits. Sexual notions are disgusting and never considered if that's what you were wondering.
>>
>>16454622
I was wondering about how well people get along with their sisters, pros/cons of having to live with one, but thanks
>>
>>16454608
>Pros/cons
They're a lot bitchier when they're in that "teen" phase. My sis used to be borderline evil, she cool now tho.
>I-incest..?
No, unless your subhuman it's not normal to feel anything, shit is weird bottom line. I feel like most people into it didn't have sisters so they don't understand what it's like and how weird it is.
>>
>>16454608
I don't get along with my sister because she's pretty demeaning and one of those people who enjoy being a bitch for no reason.

It was pretty much like having a roommate that you never talk to and was perfectly okay with not talking to. It would get awkward though when it was just us. We use to be close when we were little but she flipped a switch when she hit the teens. Probably because we moved a lot and never could make solid long-lasting friendships with those around us, but what she didn't/doesn't realize is that it was hard for all of us, not just her.

Anyways, I rarely talk to her today and I'm 20, nearly 21. Me and my brother are infinitely closer than either of us are with her. It's pretty nice actually. She's stuck up my dad's ass (who's borderline creepy around her) while me and my brother are pretty much apathetic to everyone else in the family.

My little brother is a literal bro, I'd do anything for the kid. It wasn't always like that. I use to be a pretty shitty older brother but I didn't want our relationship to be like the relationship that I have with my sister. So I actively made the change, and it's been great.
>>
I love my big sister, I totally look up to her. I'd idolize her just as much if she were a guy, though. The gender aspect doesn't really play a big role into it besides biological stuff like her being pissy when she's menstruating
>>
>>16454630
Eh, my sister and I aren't all that close. We both have our own lives now, but we used to be closer despite our fighting. I'd say in dating that I have a huge advantage over other guys thanks to her showing me what silliness girls are capable of and her explaining the mind of a girl.
Cons are that they can be annoying or a female version of your father
>>
>>16454608
My sister is by far my best friend.

When we were young my abusive father left our family. My mom became an alcoholic as well and we suffered living with her. I formed a bond with my sister like no other with any other person, wemre very close and I talk to her all the time. I'm older btw, I protected her and I feel like I partially raised her.
>>
>>16454608
I really enjoy my sister's company. Granted, she seems incapable of fucking flushing the toilet and she leaves her shit-crusted blood-stained panties lying in plain view, but she's probably the only genuine friend that I have. We've been through a lot of shit together and we've had to rely on one another a lot.

I'd say she's a solid 8/10 in terms of being a quality person.
>>
>>16454647
Pretty much this.

My sister was always kinda bitchy and mean where I was always calm and nice. I was only out to get her for revenge for some shit she pulled on me.

Then out of the blue she changed, she was about 23 and I was 20. Now we get along pretty well, I watch her back and she watches mine.
>>
I've lived with my sister for most of my life.

At best, things were amicable, but I would never describe us as friends. As children, we would argue and bicker; I never wanted to be around her. Frankly, I've always hated having to put up with her and her bullshit problems that she insists on bringing into my home.

We have nothing in common and I hate the bitch.
>>
Thanks guys. I've always wondered whether or not I have it better by not having one
>>
>>16454608
I'll be your sister, OP. Probably older? 29.

My brother is a fuckhole. He has never given a fuck about me. Once we were both adults, he went off and did his own thing. We've shared probably 10 words in the last 10 years. Oh well.
>>
>>16454647
>I-incest..?
>No,
her friends, on the other hand...
>>
>>16455402
That sounds depressing. I suppose I just made this thread because I don't get along with my brother and I wanted to imagine things being different
>>
>>16455407
Give it some time. Don't give up on him, either. Things may be different 5, 10 years from now. Don't go out of your way if he treats you poorly, but keep that door open just a bit. Keep that hand extended until it's abundantly clear he doesn't give a fuck. At that point, get on with life. But hold out hope, OP. Family is important.
>>
>>16455187
>My sister was always kinda bitchy and mean where I was always calm and nice.
Sure, Anon.
>>
I feel bad around my sister.

she's one of those "don't tell me what to do kinda people, and she really should listen to others. she's 26, changed college diplomas like 4 times then ultimately dropped out, and she was living with one of my parents for like 3 years before moving out with her bf just recently. she's also got a nasty popper (weed + tobacco) addiction.

don't get me wrong I love my sister, but when I look at her I see someone who is throwing their life away. I wish I had the strength to be the bad guy and tell her what's up, but I've never been able to stand up to her.
>>
It's cool. Her and I are pretty chill, but when I come home I normally want some alone time so that'll cut in to how much we talk. When we do talk though we can go for hours and it's nice. She's about 7 years younger though so I can't exactly take her out with me when I go with my friends. Beneath all this though, she's been through some shit and she knows she can depend on me if she needs to.
Always wanted to have a big sister. I don't know why just seems like it'd be cool.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.