[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I text my girlfriend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1438296756054.jpg (137 KB, 630x632) Image search: [Google]
1438296756054.jpg
137 KB, 630x632
My girlfriend flew back to the city she is originally from to visit last week. Last night she was suppose to call me but was out with friends until late and couldn't. This morning she's been texting me and told me she'd call me once she was back in the city. She called but then told me her friend was already at the place and they were about to get lunch and she'd call me after lunch. It has been 2 hours now and she hasn't called. Should I text her to see when she can or let her do her own thing?
>>
>>16438491

Why does she have to call you, why not you call her instead?
>>
>>16438494
Because I don't know her schedule. She was the one taking a train to the city to meet with a friend for lunch, not me. I have no idea what she is doing right now. So, not sure why she hasn't called yet. Was wondering if I should text to check up or let it go?
>>
>>16438494
i texted her see what she says
>>
>>16438498
A text, but just one checkup text, should be fine.
An yeah, chill out.
>>
>>16438509
ok yeah, i just sent one text asking if she was still at lunch
>>
>>16438528
And...?
>>
>>16438491
Don't be needy, let her do her own thing.
>>
>>16438528
Don't rape her
>>
>>16438491
I mean, I get antsy when I dont know if my boyfriends safe.
Like if you text "alright, i'll be home in an hour" and they dont text you and all you can think for whatever goddamn reason is "OH GOD, THEY DIED!" or some other stupid shit.
Then you get home, and their napping, waiting for you to get home.
She's probably fine.
>>
>>16438728
With men it's more like "OH GOD, CHAD'S "RAPING" HER!" and then "IF SHE'S NOT FUCKING SOMEONE, SHE'S DEAD" or even simply "OH GOD, THIS IS A SIGN OF POOR COMMUNICATION WHICH IS UNDOUBTEDLY THE KIND OF SUBLTE FAULT THAT WILL ULTIMATELY LEAD TO THE END OF MY RELATIONSHIP. SHE'S PRACTICALLY THROWING AWAY THE RELATIONSHIP RIGHT NOW."
>>
>>16438735
"OH MY GOD, SHE'S PROBABLY IN A DITCH SOMEWHERE! ALTHOUGH ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE SHE WAS CHEATING ON ME WITH A SERIAL KILLER. I'M SO CONFLICTED"
>>
>>16438735
This is really how I think though. I'm as paranoid as OP..
>>
>>16438754
I'm not that paranoid, but everyone gets those feelings.
You know what its like to be a parent worrying about your kid.
>>
>>16438763
Are you her dad or her boyfriend? Because she already has a dad.
>>
>>16438928
I-i'm a girl, anon.
>>
>>16438928
I'm the guy from above, and I'm her boyfriend. I know she has a Dad. I'm worried out of my own self interest.
>>
>>16438928
Oh, now I understand. I was saying "I'm not that paranoid(as compared to OP), but its normal to have such feelings.

And that paranoia of not knowing if someone is safe, is akin to parents wondering if their child is okay, like if they were walking home for the first time alone from school.
>>
>>16438956
I wouldn't be so paranoid. Women need time and space to wonder about you and it'll give her a chance to miss you. Remember, she's not your life, but a part of it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.