[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worth a watch? Also do I watch the 2006 version, the 2009 version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Worth a watch? Also do I watch the 2006 version, the 2009 version or both then the movie?
>>
>>144377469
I found a batch with both in chronological order and it felt like a solid watch. Then I watched the movie.
>>
Are you a completist, or would you rather have a fun experience?

The 2006 version had episode numbers mixed up for a very good reason -- it gave the story a much more satisfying arc. The 2009 version undid all this, and threw in a lot of detail that pretty much made me despise Haruhi and lose all interest in her as a character. Then too, I'm still disappointed about what a waste the "Endless Eight" episodes were in that 2009 version.

In general, unless I'm talking to a masochist, I advise sticking with the 13 episodes from 2006, and then the movie.
>>
>>144377469
No, it's garbage of bygone era.

KyoAni is a meme studio and Haruhi is Sword Art Online of 00's.
>>
>>144377469
Marathon only Endless Eight. It's all you need.
>>
>>144377469
Watch the 2006 one in release order, chronological is for fags.
Watch 2009 but only watch the first and last episode of endless eight.
Then the movie.
And then cry about S3 never.
>>
>>144377469
1. 2006 first
2. Haruhi shorts (there's two of them, and they're fairly short)
3. 2009, don't bother with the middle episodes of Endless Eight unless you're a masochist and have time to spend
4. Movie
5. Then Disappearance of Yuki-chan
>>
>>144380027
>1. 2006 first
>2. Haruhi shorts (there's two of them, and they're fairly short)
>3. 2009, don't bother with the middle episodes of Endless Eight unless you're a masochist and have time to spend
>4. Movie

Fixed for you
>>
>>144380027
>>144379909
Are the middle episodes of endless eight actual duplicates? Or are there real differences?

There must be a vid series or wiki or something that just points out the unique differences
>>
The two seasons are basically a crappy high school SOL show with a bit of spice mixed in. Movie is watchable, but nothing special.

Put it this way: if you thought K-on was a masterpiece, then this might be up your alley. If you thought K-on was atrociously boring, then stay the fuck away from this.
>>
Just out of curiousity, what does release order look like? I watched in chronological order.
>>
>>144380223
They are nearly identical. Watching the first and last episodes are a good idea though, that way you can see how the events pan out and how it gets resolved.
>>
>>144380223
The only differences are minimal stuff like clothes and the colour of Haruhi swimsuit.
>>
>>144380484
Its almost like they were short on money so they used some bullshit plot device to waste 8 episode of production, animating as little as possible and changing clothes colors. Only to make some stupid point at the end.
>>
>>144379909
This, but watch endless eight in its entirety. Only a faggot would skip endless eight.
>>
>>144378160
>literal faggot
>>
>>144377469
Everybody in this thread is retarded. Watch the full chronological order without skipping anything then watch the movie. Also you're fucking retarded for coming to /a/ to ask a question like this instead of figuring it out on your own because you've already spoiled a bunch of the best shit about the series.
>>
>>144380027
Endless 8 isn't that bad since you can run through them all at once. I can understand it being torture if you had to wait a week to watch nearly the exact same thing.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.