[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kill la kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 1024x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 1024x1012
Has anyone seen kill la kill
>>
hmm, sounds kinda familiar
>>
>>144375236
is that like, a rule 63 version of sanic the hedgehog?
>>
Nah, there weren't any threads about it when it was screening and its pretty obscure at this point, so I never bothered picking it up.
>>
Do I need to watch Akame ga Kill first?
>>
I heard it was great from most but I heard it wasn t good from some
>>
No. No one has ever seen it. Go away.
>>
>tfw u will never impregnate Ryuko
>>
>>144375450
No its not the same series, kill la Kill is over the top action and really obscure. Akame ga kill is totally different.
>>
I watched 4-5 episodes back when it aired.
>>
>>144375236
mmm can you repeat the question?
>>
Weird... I was thinking about how this series faded off the face of the planet after exploding and getting super popular a few years back and all of a sudden i see posts for it not too long after...

That law of attraction shit is creepy, still ain't true though... fuck it.
>>
>>144375236
No, not a single person
>>
File: 1468554851012.png (227 KB, 330x351) Image search: [Google]
1468554851012.png
227 KB, 330x351
>>144375236
When I first got into anime I thought kill la kill was about lesbian fashion models assassinating each other, and each model had a designer that followed them around and helped out.
>>
>>144375236
Never heard of it. i am pretty into anime/manga. Must be some unpopular yuri bullshit.
>>
File: 12246589560.jpg (263 KB, 1271x768) Image search: [Google]
12246589560.jpg
263 KB, 1271x768
>>144375236
>Has anyone seen Kill la Kill
This is an anime board, we don't discuss obscure French cinema here.
>>
File: view.jpg (17 KB, 320x308) Image search: [Google]
view.jpg
17 KB, 320x308
is it one of those obscure animes that are actually really good?
>>
>>144380292

Strange, I honestly thought this series was pretty darn mainstream. It's gotten so big that it has helped the anime industry quite a bit the past couple years. I find it hard to believe it's not mainstream, considering it got put on Toonami not too long after airing like My Hero Academia. Rather, I wouldn't call it obscure. Pre-popular at best, but it definitely has been mainstream for what it is being a trigger animation series and personally one of my favorites.

Could've done better with the art, music, writing and overall direction, but it's a basic keep it simple by the book series with a couple twists here and there, but not compeletely over the top crazy and hipster expectation like that extremely deviates the typical norm and the like, so it's not too landmarking compared to Death Note, Zetsubou Sensei, Haibane Renmei, Haruhi, Gundam Seed, Evangelion, Bebop, Big O, Tatami Galaxy and the like of all those other really good articulate anime series out there with progressive art over the past 16 years. Like I said, it could've been better and presented things way better beyond my expectation that presents things in a way that's yet to be presented before in a different and unconventional that surprises.

I personally liked it. I thought it was ok for a high school kid series, but could've done better with the art and writing/plot. People like it for the main character. But again, it's decent. Not the best, but it's good for what it is as a kid's show.

I'm still having a hard time believing it's "obscure." Maybe I'm just being some annoying anime hipster, but even I consider Gintama and Zetsubou Sensei popular and mainstream, yet the west doesnt' know much about them and call them obscure. So... I guess it depends... I consider it mainstream because I've known of it for years. I would've figured it would've sold and done well after the past few years being out in the market already.
>>
>>144375236
Nope.
>>
Wow, the amount of unironic stuff happening here.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.