[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orange
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
How'd everyone like the new episode?
>>
>>144351877
Bread girl is best girl. Why can't we have more of her and not worst girl?
>>
>>144351877

>wanting to give up your husband and child to save the High School hottie who is now revealed to be suicidal

It just keeps getting better and better.

Also, Kakeru is a fucking beta faggot for passing messages back and forth like a stupid girl. Just grow a testicle or two and straight up ask her, shitwit.
>>
>>144351877
>Kakeru is a fucking beta faggot
so is naho desu
they're meant to be but too faggy and stupid to actually happen
>>
>>144352222
I mean, who the fuck hides a message inside the eraser without telling the other person anything?
>>
File: 1467742667146.jpg (48 KB, 540x482) Image search: [Google]
1467742667146.jpg
48 KB, 540x482
>>144352222
>>144353987
>>144354393
Guys, they're like 14-year-old highschoolers. Obviously they're not going to be that brave.
>>
>>144354553

16. Naho was 26 in present time and this was 10 years ago.
>>
>>144351877
N T R
T
R
>>
I liked it. I got kind of emotional at the end. I don't know why. It just kind of got to me.
>>
>kakeru's mom died and he is depressed
>the story focuses on confessions and jealous crushs.

and for those who keep using the argument "it is a parallel world", it is the intention that counts. naho want to save kakeru becoming his girlfriend. I don't care if it's alternate reality, she still wants to do it. and that's the fucking problem. if she loves suwa, she would try to get a non-romantic way to save the dead friend.
>>
Why doesn't she read the whole letter at once instead of one day at a time?
>>
>>144358512
MELODRAMA
(and people keep saying that this series is a realistic-not-your-typical-shoujo)
>>
File: 013.png (370 KB, 961x1400) Image search: [Google]
013.png
370 KB, 961x1400
>>144358512
>>144358689
It's pretty obvious its because she's scared she'll mess something up if she reads too far ahead or knows too much before each day, but we do get an explanation when she decides to skip ahead when she sees an entry describe Kakeru dying in an accident again
>>
File: 1231224122143.jpg (42 KB, 334x672) Image search: [Google]
1231224122143.jpg
42 KB, 334x672
>>144351877
>Erasing your own kid
>>
I'm going to be fucking pissed if she saves Kakeru and marries him
>>
>>144361415
You should probably stop watching then
>>
File: orange-takano-ichigo-3177577.jpg (174 KB, 800x1164) Image search: [Google]
orange-takano-ichigo-3177577.jpg
174 KB, 800x1164
I miss all the cute SD illustrations from the manga.
>>
>>144360706
her adult version should know this and write the letter in a way that does not scare his young version. but it does not happen. why? melodrama. naho read slowly because the story needs ways to carry the plot.

is the same reason why suwa read the letter only after he got home, thus making all invite kakeru on the first day, something that WAS NOT TO DO.
>>
>>144362218
her young version*
>>
>>144361415
parallel worlds
>>
>>144361415
I have bad news for you.
>>
>>144362218
That simplifies the issue; hindsight is 20/20, but a key theme in the manga is that it's not so easy to just fix your past mistakes – they stem for innate characteristics about you. Hence, even if Naho knows there is a note in the eraser, her personality still makes her go do classroom clean-up first.

It's also emphasized throughout the future!Naho is very different than her past self. Kakeru's death changed a lot of her, and is /very/ real for her. I think its entirely believable that she thought the way she wrote it would be enough [spoilers]and her misunderstanding/forgetting how different Naho was is emphasized in later scenes as well[/spoilers]
>>
>>144361961
>>144362386
>>144362601
Why are writers of all types afraid of downer endings?
>>
File: man.png (969 KB, 1280x738) Image search: [Google]
man.png
969 KB, 1280x738
>>144351877
Last scene was pretty... good?
>>
>Stein;gate The NTR
>>
I enjoy the characters and such, but unfortunately that still doesn't change the fact that the whole premise is retarded as fuck

Also when something so significant for Kakerus mentally happens such as him joining the soccer club there's no almost way shit like him forgetting to bring his Pen and Rubber would still happen the exact same day at the exact same time, since even such minor changes change how a person approaches their daily tasks etc
>>
In the end, what happens in the parallel world is nothing more than a "what if" situation.
>>
>>144362626
precisely because the future naho is concerned to help, she should be more cautious. the letters were specifically calculated for that. plus: she had a diary with very detailed information.

i'm sorry, but to me that's just plot convenience.
the story is full of them. always complicating simple things for the sake of the plot. talk to kakeru about his mother's death is a hard thing. read a whole letter or deliver a lunchbox, it's not. I know the japanese culture tends to be more conservative and shy, but there is a limit to everything.
>>
>>144363869
How they try to explain this parallel world makes it seem like it is a very real thing.
>>
>>144363869
Doesnt matter. Why in a parallel universe Naho need to stick with Kakeru and Suwa needs to be alone? Kakeru will only be healed if everyone does what he wants? This is stupid. It is more pity than friendship.
>>
I'm probably going to drop this show and read the manga, I really didn't like the last scene and thought it was a stupid forced melodramatic scene where theywere supposed reflect on their mistakes as they grew up and the promises they made to themselves. It ended up being that everyone cried and orange hair kid looked like a cuck cause his wife cried cause she never smash kakeru.
>>
>>144364467
That's my issue as well. I've no problem with her wanting to save Kakeru but why did she never mention that she's married to Suwa to her past self? And the kicker is that she said to Suwa if Kakeru were still alive, she would still fall in love with Suwa regardless. But guess what, Suwa doesn't even stand a chance in the new universum.
>>
>>144363869
There's a posibility that the changes in the past may alter Future Naho's timeline. She's totall OK with that
>>
File: trunks and his trusty hacksaw.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
trunks and his trusty hacksaw.jpg
144 KB, 1280x720
>>144351877
>getting cucked by your future self

At least Trunks isn't alone.
>>
>>144364485
This happens in the manga too. It is quite forced the way in which the friends remember the Kakeru. It seems he's the only reason they have to live.

>>144364661
Yeah. Why one of the missions is not to make him be happy with Ueda? Why must it be Naho? Let Naho stay with fucking Suwa.
>she said to Suwa if Kakeru were still alive, she would still fall in love with Suwa
Or is she a liar or she is dumb. She falls for Suwa when Kakeru fight with her and Suwa comfort her and confesses. So, in the another reality, if she does not fight with Kakeru or if Suwa does not confess (and he says he'll never do it), they will never be together. Which means: no marriage, no baby, Suwa 4ever alone.
>>
I think the reveal that Kakeru killed himself makes it slightly more interesting. Future Naho writes that Kakeru died in an accident and, at the time of writing, has no idea that it was actually suicide. If she had that information while writing, how different would her instructions and retrospect be?
>>
Do they really teach complex numbers to 16 year old in Japan?
>>
>>144363869
>>144364285

Threadly reminder that they don't actually know if their timeline will be erased, >>144364697 is right on the money.
>>
>>144366156
This isn't a Tokyo high school, so the standards must be lower
>>
>>144366156
I'm American and I learned about the number i in 10th grade. It's not difficult.
>>
>>144351877
>How'd everyone like the new episode?
I honestly cried.

This is the first time an anime has made me cry in the 3rd episode I think.
>>
>>144365933
>If she had that information while writing, how different would her instructions and retrospect be?
what? they wrote the letter after talking with his grandmother and discover that it was suicide.
>>
It's an interesting show so far. I wanna see what happanes to Kakeru and the relationship between him, Naho, and suwan.

The present life group finding out that Kakeru did not write anything about himself must have hurt the group a lot b/c it's been 9 years and they all thought his death was an accident when now we see that it may have been a suicide all along.
>>
>>144366443
I haven't read the manga
Why the fuck does she tell herself that it was an accident even though she knows it wasn't?
>>
Kinda disappointed. I had hoped they wouldn't go with some rather predictable elements or at least flesh them out, but this episode seemed to grab onto the 'shy MC sees their crush fall for another' and the 'depressed kid in high school commits sudoku, friends shocked' things without anything about it being unique or well written.

Maybe it'll get back on track, but I'm still not certain it's a drama or it's just melodramatic at times.
>>
vile. I hate this wish fulfillment erase your regrets shit. it's like anohana. the idea of 'BFFs' and 'let's do this and that together' make me sperg out
>>
>>144351877
Inarguably AotS
>>
I want to cum inside Suwa!
>>
>>144366972
oh, shit. sorry for the spoiler.
>Why the fuck does she tell herself that it was an accident even though she knows it wasn't?
no idea.
>>
Backgrounds are pretty great.
>>
>>144366972
>Why the fuck does she tell herself that it was an accident even though she knows it wasn't?

GOOD QUESTION
>>
I was hoping he was a sick kid in ep1.

Any reason why he skipped sports?
>>
>>144370648
bullying
>>
I feel bad for suwa, he seems pretty cool but naho is trying to kill his kid and cuck him from the future. I hope he gets with bakery girl instead. They match better anyways
>>
>tfw no friends that would care about you 10 years in the future if you sudoku yourself
>>
I'm wondering, how does the letter updates with all the changes Naho makes?

I mean, for example, the fact that Kakeru didn't join the soccer club in that future but now, in this present, he did, how is suppose the letter to manage that change?
>>
It helped me fall asleep fast again! Thank you Japan
>>
>>144374436
>I'm wondering, how does the letter updates with all the changes Naho makes?
good point
>>
>>144374436
>how does the letter updates with all the changes Naho makes?

Magic.
>>
Reminder that this whole thing is a dream that never happened, and is just MC dreaming of a world where Takeru survives.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.