[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>power levels Fucking why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 020.png (184 KB, 899x1300) Image search: [Google]
020.png
184 KB, 899x1300
>power levels

Fucking why
>>
That's the point this manga went to shit
>>
yeah, they should use the SI units
>>
File: kaiokek x 40.jpg (18 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
kaiokek x 40.jpg
18 KB, 292x257
>getting triggered this hard over numbers
>>
>>144122697
>His power is... 57 teraWatts!!!!
>>
>>144123374
>N-NANI?! T-THIS GUY HAS ENOUGH POWER TO CHARGE MY PHONE TWICE OVER!!!
>>
>>144122627
literally the cheapest way to make a character seem like a threat
>>
You know, i really dont mind powerleves. Especially when they either refer to something that is either actually easily measurable or observable directly. But when battles literally become "He's powerlevel is rising to the point he can defeat his opponent", like in OP, then it is the second purest form of shit.
The first purest is taking a game logic and applying it to otherwise "realistic" setting. Looking at you, Danmachi.
>>
>"I-it's just a joke, guys, thats why it was given to the pig! It's satire!'
>it wasn't satire
>>
>>144124294
> Holy shit he is about to drink some powerade! thats enough electrolytes to take out a small house pet !
>>
>Actually having a serious measure of power levels that isn't proven to be total BS/completely useless
Unless you're going to subvert the trope what's the point of even having a precise measurement of power? It just removes all the suspense if you know X will defeat Y because of the power level difference.
>>
Name one instance of power levels improving a manga/anime
>>
>>144126197
>It just removes all the suspense if you know X will defeat Y because of the power level difference.
Or by teamwork, or careful planning. Since powerlevels become a thing, half the fights were won by lower powerlevel teams in the series OP's pic is from. Teamwork and support powers.
>>
>>144125284
Yeah, the cheapest, but after a while, it kind of becomes necessary. If the currently most powerful enemy is powerful enough to destroy a house with one swing, you can easily demonstrate it by making him destroy a house. No big deal. But when an enemy is powerful enough to destroy a city in one swing, you can't just make him destroy a random city for demonstration. You attach a number to the previous one and say the new one has ten times the numbers. Cheap, but the other alternative is making the new enemy always starting by defeating someone who was established as powerful before. It gets repetative and the character used for demonstration can't be taken seriously after a while.
>>
>>144122651
Nah, it went to shit way before, that is, when the story didn't end after the big fight with Hendrickson.
>>
>>144126885
Before that fight even happened Nakaba had already said the story was going to be around 40 volumes
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.