[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Dragon Ball Z Movies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 1267x719) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 1267x719
The Z Movies are criminally underrated:

>source material explored by other people, allowed for variety and expansion of the universe
>FULL 90's EXTREME in majority of them
>characters have arguably their best moments in the movies
>alternate, shortened versions of the sagas, so you don't have to watch one thousand episodes
>Best villain designs
>Best Super Saiyan transformations
>Best environments

Still though, Dragonball and the Namek/Freiza Saga were all Toriyama's best, and are better than the movies.

In general, they deserve more props for the Dragonball legacy and popularity.

What's your favorite one?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (65 KB, 713x395) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
65 KB, 713x395
>>144020768
I probably would have preferred if the movies were turned into sagas, and the sagas truncated into movies.

So much better.
>>
File: Janemba_Dimension_Sword.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Janemba_Dimension_Sword.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>144020768
Nah, the majority of the movies are crap, and the clear best two, BoG and RoF, had Toriyama's hand guiding them. My favorites of the first 13 are Cooler's Revenge, the first Broly movie, and Fusion Reborn.
>>
>>144020909
>the clear best two, BoG and RoF

b8
>>
>>144020768
Dead Zone.

Mostly for the musical callbacks to Dragon Ball; in particular, Piccolo's entrance in the second half of the movie.
>>
File: Beerus why.jpg (58 KB, 592x588) Image search: [Google]
Beerus why.jpg
58 KB, 592x588
>>144021046
This isn't bait, it's objective. None of the first 13 movies can compare in animation, writing, humor, and action.
>>
>>144020909
>BoG
>RoF
>Good

No.
>>
>>144021097
>writing
There's no such thing.
>Vegeta dancing like a retard
>Beerus chimping out for a pudding
""""""humor""""""""""""""

>Golden Frieza
Well that's a different kind of humor alright.

While the animation might be better in BoG the artstyle is pure garbage that can't compare to the old anime.
>>
>>144021064
Didn't all of DBZ's music first play in the movies?
>>
>What's your favorite one?
Tree of Might. I haven't revisited any of them since I was a kid, but I do remember this one feeling the most tense and climatic.
>>
>>144020768
>What's your favorite one?
Dead Zone honestly. It had that perfect mix of DB and DBZ, Creepy phallic brackground art and the pioneer dub was actually pretty great.
>>
>>144020768
Only ever liked the Broly movies.
>>
>>144023932
You are retarded.
>>
File: 1417405577652.jpg (99 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
1417405577652.jpg
99 KB, 600x563
>>144020768
Bardok and Future Trunks have the best movies, obviously. Too bad we now know the canon backstory with Bardok and in a genuinely surprising twist, it's nowhere near as good as the non-canon movie.

I like the design and concept of many of the villains from those movies, especially Bojak and his crew, but the movies themselves are pretty bad. I just completely hate Android 13 and Cooler.
>>
Here's my problem with a lot of the Z movies:

>Starts off nothing happens
>suddenly bad guys
>Everyone gets beat up
>It's looking HOPELESS
>Goku or Gohan suddenly remember they can go super saiyan and save the day even though they could have done this from the beginning and stopped all the bullshit

Bojack and the first Cooler movie are strong examples of this.

It's nonsense.
>>
>>144025119
The Broly movies are my favorite as well (well the first one mainly) but I do recognize that they are not the best and agree that Brolyfags are the worst.
There is just something about seeing the invincible heroes that I grew up with get utterly devastated that makes those movies hilarious & great to me.
Objectively though, the movies don't have much of anything to offer.
>>
>>144020768
One thing I don't get is why Dragon Ball Movie villains get to be in so many videogames. It's rare for movie villains from Anime/Manga franchises to show up in videogames based on said franchises.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.