[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is wrong with shojo protags and how do we fix them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: fucking retard.jpg (81 KB, 1270x709) Image search: [Google]
fucking retard.jpg
81 KB, 1270x709
What the fuck is wrong with shojo protags and how do we fix them?
>>
How about you watch shows intended for your demographic you neckbeard.
>>
>>143755550
I'm a grill.
>>
>>143755733
Cook me some burgers then!
>>
>>143755733
did you ntr your childhood crush?
>>
>>143755379
They're harem MCs with the gender reversed.
>>
>>143755379
Somehow stop men liking boring girls, then girls will stop thinking boring is something to aspire to, and they will stop being MCs.
>>
>>143755968
This. Although shoujo protags are still less retarded than your average harem protag.
>>
>>143755379
We make a strong girl who doesnt get all flustered from a guy simply saying hi to her and that doesnt live for the sole purpose of fucking the best looking bishonen in her class.
We give her interests/opinions/hobbies/principles that she ACTUALLY stays true to and follows.
That's how you make a good shoujo heroine.
>>
>>143755916
Not that I know of, but you sure sound like you have some unfinished business with yours.
Don't blame her anon, she probably didn't even know you existed. If I can give you some advice, try to actually talk to her the next time you have a crush.

>>143755968
While it's true some shojo protags have some spunk in them, most are soft spoken bland girl who lack the shadow of a personality. Maybe there's some truth in what >>143755983
's saying.

>>143756046
You should watch Diabolik lovers.
>>
File: Chihaya's_appearance.jpg (226 KB, 550x648) Image search: [Google]
Chihaya's_appearance.jpg
226 KB, 550x648
>>143756098
So basically, Chihaya?
>>
>>143755379
Make a girl intended for a regular harem then put her in a shojo
>>
>>143755379
>Has a letter that predicts the future for her
>Won't spend any time properly thinking about that or even reading all of the damn text
>"Do this thing or you'll regret it later"
>Should I tho? This question's hard...
Stupidest MC in years.
>>
I don't get the Orange meme. Read it and thought the first half was pretty boring and the second slightly better but dumb characters. The "emotional" stuff wasn't that good either.
>>
>>143756358
Yes, Chihaya clones would be wonderful.

Too bad Chihayafuru isn't a shoujo.
>>
>>143755379
They're passive to an infuriating degree so that their drama can be dragged out as long as possible.
>>
File: 25254l.jpg (85 KB, 320x450) Image search: [Google]
25254l.jpg
85 KB, 320x450
>You should watch Diabolik lovers.
I don't watch a lot of shoujo, but the protag seems like she's cute enough, but that alone is not enough to make me watch a show. I liked pic related, the MC is well rounded with an actual personality while she's still a qt, one of the rare shoujo adaptions that also appeals to men, I think.
>>
>>143756605
and that's different to dense, oblivious male MCs who just get roped into all kinds?
>>
>>143756605
>>143756708
Exactly the same.

Japanese audiences just love socially crippled/weak protagonists, that's become clear enough. Whether they be men or women.
>>
>>143755379
>how do we fix them

Some shojo protags are just perfect
>>
>T-TTTHEY'RE ATLEAST NOT AS BAD AS HAREM PROTAGS

Why do you fags insist on bringing up other people when facing criticism?
>>
>>143756759
Too bad her manga went to shit.
>>
>>143756701
Eh, Misaki started our GOAT then got dick-whipped too fucking fast and too fucking hard.
Usui can blow air on her and she'll blush like a retard and get all shy, kinda ruined her character for me.
>>
>>143756885
It's the only way femwhores can argue.

And the only reason why they think shoujo protags aren't as bad is because they can relate to their blandness, passiveness and uselessness.
Fucking femwhores.
>>
>>143756885
the opposite was already said in this very thread
>>
>>143756701
You don't watch Diabolik lovers because it's good, you watch it because it's retarded and the girl is pathetic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXsLh5i6V4c
>>
File: 12345678.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
12345678.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>>143757012
>this has a fanbase somewhere in the darkest smelliest pits of fat female hell
>there is a team working on this anime
>there is actual money put into the animation
>there are voice actors who are participating in this
>someone actually wrote the story/characters

Miyazaki was right.
>>
>>143756708
Woah there, I never argued otherwise. But at least with shonen heroes there's also the outgoing idiot archetype that actually reacts to scenarios immediately instead of running away to angst for an entire chapter or two.

It's not easy to put into words but it's also a specific kind of passivity. Even when it's more extroverted heroine, they can be subsceptible to it. It feels like a lot of shoujo heroines' reactions to their crushes are either trying to become invisible or going tsundere. Not all, but I'm open to good examples since they seem so rare.

>>143756742
This is true.
>>
>>143756943
>extroverted women don't exist
>>
>>143757012
>Tell me that I am the best
>I can't swim

Shit, it's still funny
>>
>>143756701
This anime was shit though
>>
>>143755379
Why there's no shoujo about physical sports where MC has love interest and still have sisterly bonds with team-mates like shounen sports?
>>
WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST START THE FUCKING LETTERS TELLING THEM THAT ANGST KID WAS GOING TO KILL HERSELF IF THEY INVITED HIM THAT DAY
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>143755733
Prove it bitch
>>
File: cover1.jpg (2 MB, 3188x3169) Image search: [Google]
cover1.jpg
2 MB, 3188x3169
I miss Miyazawa.
>>
>>143755379
Giving a shojo protagonist a strong personality beyond being a vaguely defined "nice girl" would be an improvement. Also, make her act instead of just react to events, so she isn't just "going with the flow" until the plot forces her to make a decision. Then give her hobbies and beliefs, and basically write her as an interesting character, not a bland, inoffensive archetype ripe for self-inserting.
>>
>>143756708
Everyone agrees that oblivious male harem leads are just as shit though.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.