[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Ao_no_Exorcist.jpg (53 KB, 315x500) Image search: [Google]
Ao_no_Exorcist.jpg
53 KB, 315x500
Is this worth reading?
>>
Only if your life isn't going anywhere.
>>
Maybe when it's finished. The pacing is awful.

Either way it's a generic shounen. You can get everything it's trying to do from something else. Like Naruto.
>>
>>143649991
No, it's terrible with a painfully generic and shitty cast of main characters. If they could all kill themselves and give Mephisto, the only interesting character, the role of the MC it would be worth.

Also it might have the single worst pacing I have ever witnessed in a monthly manga. This is off the top of my head but I cannot instantly recall anything worse.
>>
>>143649991
Yes it is.
Although it is generic as fuck.
Nonetheless author emphasizes character development more than most so it is worth checking.
>>
>>143649991
Nope. Soul Eater>shit>every other shounen
Deal with it
Protip: You can't
>>
>>143649991
In my opinion, yes it is.

Although like others have said, it is really generic, nothing really mindblowing.

The characters followed a typical shounen patterns but it has good development and nice character interaction, a lot better than most in fact, the characters have good depths unlike most generic shounen.

The concept is really really standart, like, you got a special school, a hot blodded main chara with something special inside him, a cool character who serves as a sort of rival, the love interest, the badass character who died before the story even begins etc, etc. Basically find a pattern in famous shounen like Naruto and you'll see them here.

Art and design is pretty neat, I like how the mangaka portrays some mythical creatures.
>>
>>143649991
>Magical school that teaches unique stuff
>A stupid cheerful MC
>MC is an orphan
>MC is special and not fully human
>MC is scorned and hated in his childhood
>MC has a rival that is better than him in all sort of stuff
>MC wants to be the best in his field
>The rival is calm and cool to contrast the MC
>Love interest seems more interested in the rival
>The MC has a dead badass parental figure who used to be the best in his field
>The MC has a mentor who teaches him to control his power
>The mentor happens to be the dead parent's pupil

I could go on

It's basically Naruto with a new skin, desu it's pretty good and the characters are neat and well rounded, I also likes the art.go for it if you can stand the irregular release date.
>>
>>143651266
>if you can stand the irregular release date.
It's regularly released every month, what are you talking about?
>>
The chick with the eyebrows was the best girl. Should win the MCbowl, but I know she probably won't.
>>
>>143649991
Read up to the end of the Fox Demon arc.
>>
>>143651427
The author skipped this month because she can't meet fucking deadlines for S2. There were at least 3 chapters that were just sketches in the magazine raws because of deadlines being missed, and the final volume versions were never scanned and translated.
>>
>>143649991
Absolutely not. Whatever redeeming quality you may be able to nitpick is unvalidated by the godawful pacing.
>>
>>143650068
whose life here IS going anywhere
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-03+at+05.59.29).jpg (378 KB, 999x727) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-03+at+05.59.29).jpg
378 KB, 999x727
>>143654713
>the final volume versions were never scanned and translated.
Only a problem if you're relying on shitty magazine translations.
Also it was last month she skipped, the new issue came out today and it's in here. Even came with a color poster.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.