[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super would've been LEGENDARY if Black was Raditz instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9
File: Raditz.jpg (86 KB, 900x532) Image search: [Google]
Raditz.jpg
86 KB, 900x532
Super would've been LEGENDARY if Black was Raditz instead of a boring Goku clone
>>
Why?
>>
>>143563300
Brings the MC's brother back and it opens up more backstory on Gokus family and the Saiyan past... Raditz is technically the first Saiyan introduced in the series and it's pretty much no excuse why he was killed off as if he was a fodder character
>>
>>143563512
Raditz is literally the only alternative that would have been a worse choice than Goku.
>>
>>143563576
Worse than Nappa?
>>
BLACK NAPPA
>>
Raditz was a bum saiyan, weaker than a fucking saibaman. The only reason anybody would care about him is because he's Goku's brother.
>>
>>143563835
>The only reason anybody would care about him is because he's Goku's brother.
It's a pretty solid reason.
>>
>>143563835
>weaker than a fucking saibaman
uh, goku was weaker than a fucking saibaman too at that point. I mean, he got his ass kicked by Raditz after all.

I think it'd be neat if Raditz was somehow brought back to life, and all this time he's been training.
>>
Raditz wasn't worth the wad Bardock shot to make him, Gina should of swallowed him. Litterally the Steven Badwin, Keenan Ivory Wayens, Jermaine Jackson of his family.
>>
>>143563835
Actually Raditz is 300BP stronger than a Saibaiman, but yeah a Saibaiman can take him, just like one beat Yamcha.

Saiyan Arc Yamcha vs Raditz would be a sweet fight.
>>
What if Black was Turles
>>
>>143563899
Judging saiyans by absolute power is pointless. Saiyans get stronger depending on the context he's in. The fact that Raditz was so much weaker than Vegeta or Nappa for so long indicates that's the potential he has.
>>
>>143564042
why was turles head so little?

does he have autism?
>>
>>143563270
How about interdicting new enimes that aren't clones? Maybe a little more ecchi? It's honestly not hard to make this series good again.
>>
File: fsdv.png (284 KB, 571x394) Image search: [Google]
fsdv.png
284 KB, 571x394
>THE MC IS ACTUALLY AN ALIEN FROM ANOTHER PLANET

>AND HERE IS HIS OVERPOWERED EVIL BROTHER

Was this the most bullshit plot development any series ever experienced?
>>
Why can't Vegeta go SSJ3? It said Goku achieved it simply by training. Vegeta trains just as much as Goku though..yet somehow managed to reach SSJBlue, which is higher than SSJ3.

doesnt make sense
>>
>>143564176
Ohh, you didn't know? Vegita isn't the main character. His job is to make Goku look good.
>>
>>143564129
actually it was determined by which class he was born in (saiyajins had a caste system)

goku's family (gine bardock raditz) were all born into the lowest ranking in the caste, thus pre-determined weakest, despite their potential to get stronger through zenkai.
>>
>>143564176
They are already aware that, like Ultra SSJ, SSJ3 is a imperfect transformation that depletes stamina extremely fast
>>
Black should've been Yamcha, somehow turned into an android an evil, THEN it'd have been amazing in all kinds of ways.
>>
>>143564176
When Goku trains, he trains under someone else and learns from them. Roshi, Kai... he learns from them and adopts their strategies and techniques into his own. The only real original move he has of his own is that dragon toss.

When Vegeta trains, he locks himself away for a long ass time and lifts.

>>143564266
This would have also been acceptable.
>>
>>143564168
Raditz should've never been his brother, it doesn't impact the plot in any way and his never being mentioned again just makes Goku seem like a hypocrite considering how he pardoned a genocidal maniac like Vegeta.
>>
Black should have been Broly sent back in the past and turned into a Makaioshin. That would have been great. Fucking Toriyama and your bullshit.
>>
>>143563835
>>143563918
I know you guys make this joke because you were unsocial autists obsessed with the Abridged series back when the rest of us were having sex for the first time, but honestly Raditz's introduction to the series was genius. Maybe I'm wasting my breath here because most of you haven't even read the first half of Dragonball, but bear with me:

>Toriyama spend an entire arc building up Demon Jr, the seed of the strongest, most brutal villain in DB yet to date
>Demon Jr murders god himself
>Demon Jr nukes a city, killing thousands
>Demon Jr pushes Son Goku to the absolute limits of his potential, introducing revolutionary technique after revolutionary technique, taking out Son's limbs, blasting a fucking hole in Son's chest
>The chapter after Demon Jr is thwarted, fucking Raditz comes along and, with no prior build-up, nearly turns Demon Jr to atoms with one attack
>Goku and this arch-nemesis are so overwhelmed they have to cast aside all differences and team up to tackle this new threat
>Raditz STILL effortlessly, almost joyfully parries them blow for blow while hinting that he's disappointed/not using his full power
>Raditz is only beaten by a last-ditch charge-up gimmick, and even then simply because he was weakened by a saiyan half-breed superchild

Narratively Raditz was really hype. Yeah that was debunked by power level bullshit in the future, but I mean, even Frieza was considered fodder by Android Saga standards.

Not saying he'd make a good returning antagonist. Actually everything to come out of the soulless cashgrab that is Super is destined to be filler and forgotten the next time they decide to make money out of Dragonball, but yeah, maybe consider reading the series being discussed before commenting.
>>
>>143564176
You have to literally die to be able to access the energy reserves to go SSJ3. That and Vegeta clearly has hit a wall that Goku overcame.

I see you mentioned Super terms as if they were canon, though, so that might be your first problem with understanding.
>>
File: nutcracker.gif (133 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
nutcracker.gif
133 KB, 320x180
>>143564168
nope
>vegeta has a son who came from the future
>he can cut up mecha frieza in 5 seconds
>a scientist from the red ribbon army (the one that goku single handedly defeated as a kid) was able to create androids more powerful than the strongest being in the universe
>frieza enhanced by alien technology is weaker than androids constructed by a race that hasn't achieved space travel yet
>oh and everyone is a super saiyan now, so much for "legendary"

the moment DBZ went to complete shit desu
>>
>>143564176
SSJ3 is essententially ultra SSJ2. Vegita surpassed it a long time ago.
>>
Is it racist to think all Sayains look the same? I mean half of all the Saiyans we've seen look just like Goku.
>>
>>143563270

>Raditzfags
>>
>>143563792
Terraformars is already a show
>>
>>143563270
Super would've been legendary if it could just stop with those shitty fucking food gag scenes.
>>
File: spacehitler.png (320 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
spacehitler.png
320 KB, 640x480
>>143564597
You can't be racist against a race that doesn't exist.
>>
>>143564607
Joji?
>>
>>143564590
I liked Cell Saga but when you're right, you're right.
>>
File: 30-Blue-Raditz-Double-Sunday.png (298 KB, 504x704) Image search: [Google]
30-Blue-Raditz-Double-Sunday.png
298 KB, 504x704
Black Raditz would've been GOAT, Raditz had a cool personality and his arrogance and moveset was godtier..
>>
Black should have been a rule 63 Gohan.
>>
File: RaditzKanzenban.png (382 KB, 477x700) Image search: [Google]
RaditzKanzenban.png
382 KB, 477x700
>>143563270
What was the point of making Raditz Goku's brother? It literally added nothing to the story, and he was never mentioned again. I almost feel bad for him. Vegetal was way worse than him, yet he's the one who got redeemed. Raditz was actually pretty forgiving all things considered, he gave Goku plenty of chances to come with him.
>>
File: Bp6XMj3CQAAvzJF.jpg (34 KB, 599x309) Image search: [Google]
Bp6XMj3CQAAvzJF.jpg
34 KB, 599x309
>>143565808
DOUBLE SUNDAY
>>
>>143563270
man anyone remember turles

he was this before anyone considered it a bad idea
>>
>>143563750
Yes
>>
File: RaditzDying.Ep.4.png (412 KB, 1262x723) Image search: [Google]
RaditzDying.Ep.4.png
412 KB, 1262x723
>>143565808
>Double Sunday
>Saturday Crush
>Dynamite Monday
>Weekly Special
>Shining Friday
>Vacation Delete

He should have been a main character dammit. Those names are just too fucking good.
>>
>>143563835
The same can be said about Goku. He's a disgrace of a saiyan, but the only reason anybody overlooks that is because he's the MC
>>
>>143565912
He was a plot device to introduce all that saiyan race bullshit. Monkey boy? nope, COOL kryptonian invader, with a tail.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.