[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lupin the Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 486x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 486x480
Haven't see a Lupin thread in a while which is a shame. Best way to end a Friday night.
>>
File: image.jpg (330 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
330 KB, 2048x1536
Also here is the cover of the upcoming First set of Lupin III Part II released by discotek.
>>
Anyone actually interested in subs for the Italian Game? There's not much original content in it though.
>>
>>143563827
I keep hearing about it but I'm not sure what that's about. Is it an actual film or them rehashing episodes that are in the series?
>>
>>143563892
Rehashing episodes. It's a mishmash of episodes 1, 3, and 26 (italian 23) IIRC, but with new stuff thrown in.
>>
>>143563949
How does that even make any sense? Also what was the point?
>>
>>143564023
It's because episode 23 takes place before the first, and it somehow ties the entire thing together. Haven't really seen it yet, but there's a genius manipulating villian thrown in the mix.
>>
I just finished watching the 2015 series a few weeks ago. My favourite episode of all time is One Chance for a Breakout, so I loved it when they kind of remade it at the end of the first cour.

I didn't like Rebecca a first, but by the end I thought she was a good addition. Still, she's no Fujiko.
>>
>>143564515
Yeah, 2015's homage to that green episode was easily the highlight of the entire series. I loved it.
>>
I love the haunted castle episode because I am
A sucker for anything paranormal. My favorite episodes of cartoons are Halloween and Christmas specials. Even though japs are shitty at doing both, I'll take whatever they can give me. As far as the series goes, it was without a doubt AOTY. Just a great show. No other franchise as old as Lupin can remain fresh so this really blows my mind.

I don't know if the Italian game will be released with the dub of the Blue jacket series, though it would be nice if you wanted official subs for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 500x277
Guys
>>
Where is everyone?
>>
What do Lupin fans think of The Woman Called Fujiko Mine? Watched it a month ago, with my only previous Lupin experiences having been a few specials that ran localized on MTV a decade ago as well as the Cagliostro movie. And I watched Jigen's Gravestone afterward.

I liked it at lot, though the Goemon episodes were somewhat weak and the main plot was trippy as fuck.
>>
>at anime expo
>the only lupin stuff I saw was a figure I already had and Fujiko Mine BD

FUCK
>>
what are the best movies? i've watched cagliostro, mamo, first contact, fuma conspiracy, and crisis in tokyo. are there any good ones that i'm missing? didn't like green vs red
>>
>>143567361
was it a gorillion dollars
>>
>>143568509
It's a great series though I would not recommend for the casual lupin viewer because of how different it is to the movies and other series. It was them trying something new and something old at the same time. It's flawed but still a unique take on the franchise and I personally feel it's worth watching at least once.
>>
>>143569464
Missed by a Dollar is very underrated.

Legend of the Gold Babylon a lot of people either love or hate. I happen to love it a lot despite it's flaws.

Dead or Alive isn't a great movie but it's worth watching just for the beautiful art and animation

The first Detective Conan Crossover is also really good. 2nd one is mediocre

That might be it to be honest.
>>
>>143571115
Holy shit I forgot to mention In memory of Walther P38 which is considered to be the best Lupin TV special with Missed by a Dollar being 2nd. I thought you said it which is why I didn't mention it.

I also hear Return the Treasure is good but I haven't seen it so I will not recommend.
>>
>>143571115
>Legend of the Gold Babylon
didn't know seijun suzuki directed this, that's crazy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wokg8088pkk
This is my favorite opening to anything ever
>>
>>143571536
It's a great movie.
>>
>>143571596
I use to think it sounded really gay. Or at least the guy singing it. After hearing it after 20 episodes, I've grown to like it
>>
>>143569464
Aladdin's Lamp was pretty funny honestly. It took a lot of shots at the usual formulas.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.