[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Komugi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: welfin.png (267 KB, 559x312) Image search: [Google]
welfin.png
267 KB, 559x312
Komugi?
>>
Komugi and Meruem had one of the best death and love story in any shonen.
Yes or yes?
>>
>>143556688
yes
>>
The chess scenes were boring as fuck

There were a lot of scenes I could have done without in CA arc like the butterfly guard freaking out for 10 minutes

All I could think was how I wish we were back in Greed Island. He made volleyball more interesting than certain parts of his action arc
>>
File: 2viWfyu.png (531 KB, 880x1200) Image search: [Google]
2viWfyu.png
531 KB, 880x1200
I REMEMBER ALL MY DEVELOPMENT AS A CHARACTER

You can go now.

Fuck off Pouf.
>>
>>143558180
>The character developmental scenes were boring as fuck
>>
>>143559622
They were

The king got character development in other scenes, not just the chess ones

I'm sorry senpai but that shit was snoozeville
>>
>>143560146
I suppose they were dragged out in the anime but in the manga they were very short and their relationship being built around competition resonated with me.
>>
>>143556607
Respect best ant
>>
>>143558363
I liked that meruem was very open and forward about developing character, so much so that he would literally state it and tell the other characters whenever he had been moved to change his mind about something or even just impressed.
>>
>>143562095
I like to think that the cause was that his species are born with a very focused instinct on their pre-ordained function within the hive, even after their queen having obtained consciousness.

But Meruem being the pinnacle of both the Chimera Ant and Human species, they fuse together in a very interesting way. With Meruem battling his inner instincts to crush all opposition to his hive and obtaining respect, compassion and even empathy from humans.

I know someone must have pointed this out already, but the CA arc is something special in the way that it turns the ultimate human extinction being into just another human that wanted to live with his life with his significant other, mirroring most of us, and turning Gon, which was innocent (in some regards) and the character we most identified HxH with in a disgusting display of self-hatred and hopelessness into the weapon that could end the Ant's leader just to sate his selfishness.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.