[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyberpunk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: ..jpg (215 KB, 1280x690) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
215 KB, 1280x690
>>
File: parrying with cestus.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
parrying with cestus.jpg
80 KB, 1280x720
>>143554704
I miss cyborg ninjas fighting technodemons...at least we had Kabaneri this season, not the same but...its better than nothing
>>
When will we life in a cyberpunk dystopia already? I have been waiting long enough.

>>143554956
>>>/v/
>>
File: Double A 7.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Double A 7.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
Breaking into skyscrapers in a neon-lit city is cool.
>>
File: jigsaw.jpg (225 KB, 1348x853) Image search: [Google]
jigsaw.jpg
225 KB, 1348x853
>>143555023
>When will we life in a cyberpunk dystopia already?
You already do. But you're not the protagonist. You're the the average citizen working for the megacorp. You're exploited, but you still get enough of the cake to be content and not rise up.

That is until you make one misstep and get screwed over of course.
>>
>>143555676
that image is unnerving
>>
File: 4chan on working days.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4chan on working days.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
Well, we had Dimension W not long ago
>>
>>143555676
>yourselfe
I don't really care if everyone knows my bato.to account info anyways
>>
Well, there's lots of shows that involve abuse of futuristic technology and all that. Even SAO does.

But besides gits mardock scramble is the last one that I can think of which has that film noir flair
>>
>>143555676
You have to wonder if anyone actually falls for this shit. I mean there must be a reason they keep doing it.
>>
>>143558978
but it's real. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransomware
>>
>>143559046
lol bullshit it is. I guess you're the kind of dumbass that falls for it.
>>
>>143559140
what makes you think it is not?

if the software gets onto your computer why should it make empty threats and not just encrypt the data as it promises?
>>
>>143559243
Because people with this kind of software use it to infiltrate corporations and such, not average citizens.
>>
>>143559442
you're not up to speed how the malware industry works these days.

Yes, there is spearphising to get into specific corporate networks either to exfiltrate industrial secrets or business data about competitors or the like. Or for political espionage. But that when you are after a specific target you need to invest more skills because you do not want to be detected by that one singular target. You want your mission to be a success.

On the other hand drive-by malware that just spread via websites through flash vulnerabilities or whatever doesn't care about targets that much. It just infects whoever. And if the victim doesn't have valuable data that they're willing to pay for the attacker doesn't lose anything, because the whole process is automated. They demand thousands of dollars or more, so just hitting some valuable targets with bad IT security by chance (freelancers, small business, hospitals) they will be willing to pay up.

It's quantity vs. quality.
>>
>>143554704
neo tokyo in all his iterations its a shithole
>>
File: ggo.jpg (85 KB, 736x521) Image search: [Google]
ggo.jpg
85 KB, 736x521
>>143554704
I know SAO gets alot of shit here but the GGO setting was great
>>
>>143559442
That's actually not how it works anymore. Easier to scam hundreds of computer illiterate people for a few thousand bucks each (which is much bigger in Russia/China where a lot of hackers are from) than try to beat high tech security at corporations.
>>
File: 2345345.gif (2 MB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
2345345.gif
2 MB, 500x200
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.