[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some of the most unexpected turns you saw an anime take?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Chrno_Crusade.jpg (329 KB, 1000x1363) Image search: [Google]
Chrno_Crusade.jpg
329 KB, 1000x1363
What are some of the most unexpected turns you saw an anime take?

For me, it's probably this show.
I never expected it to have such a complete 180 sick grim dark fucking finale out of nowhere.
Complete suffering and despair and nothing else in sight in a span of a few episodes.
And that tear jerking scene at the end, what were they even thinking.

I was so sure that this will end well since it even had a Christmas special and all.
Completely averted all of my expectations.

also is the manga any good? I wanted to pick that up for years
>>
>>143540333
It's spot on on how the catholic faith has historically honoured the value of self sacrifice and how twistedly shit it is.
>>
yeah, shit gets dark real fuckin quick towards the latter half. i actually really liked this show; humor, characters, setting, and even the plot progression.

haven't tried reading the manga tho
>>
File: rosette_1.jpg (721 KB, 1119x1700) Image search: [Google]
rosette_1.jpg
721 KB, 1119x1700
>>143540333
Why can't we have more gun-fighting nuns in anime?

How is school comedies and shitty isekai a trend and this isn't?
>>
RIP ;_;
>>
>>143541773
>>143540333
Yes, read the manga; it tells a completely different story and is just as good as the anime.
>>
>>143540333
The manga ending is really different. The characters got to live longer there, you can even see them as adults. That doesn't mean it ended in a happy note, though.
>>
Always thought it was better than the manga's ending. At least they die together and probably have a threesome with Magdalena in the afterlife.
In the manga Chrono lives, but loses his waifu for the second time, is seemingly permanently crippled after his fight with Aion and forever alone as all the remaining nakama have died of old age in the meantime.
>>
File: rosette_2.jpg (2 MB, 2472x3509) Image search: [Google]
rosette_2.jpg
2 MB, 2472x3509
>>143541992
>>
>>143541992
>what is black lagoon
>>
File: rosette_3.jpg (2 MB, 2486x3471) Image search: [Google]
rosette_3.jpg
2 MB, 2486x3471
>>143542168

>>>143542202
>as main characters
>>
>>143542118
At least a lot more characters lived and it didn't just take a kill them all approach.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.