[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
five centimeters per second
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 23048_5_centimeters_per_second.jpg (848 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
23048_5_centimeters_per_second.jpg
848 KB, 1920x1080
Just watched this movie for the first time, have to say im blown away by how good it was. Opinions? Thoughts?
>>
>>143533799
Only thing I remember about it was that the song that would play in it often was really good. Still remember the lyrics. Also, visuals.
>>
>>143533799

Pretty good, but I was actually surprised how many people thought the ending was overly sad. To me it wasn't even bittersweet, it was "relieving." Like a weight off your shoulders type of feeling.
>>
>>143533923
I felt the same. A lot of people didn't seem to like that they never actually spoke to each other at the end. I felt that them doing that was for the best. Nothing needed to be said between them. They both went their separate ways and both ended up in positions where they are at least satisfied.
>>
>>143533799
applies to real life, just gotta move on and not dwell on the past
>>
>>143533799
Maximum comfy artstyle.
>>
>>143533799
MODS MODS MODS
>>
File: 1466762200002.png (618 KB, 755x630) Image search: [Google]
1466762200002.png
618 KB, 755x630
>>143534910
>>
>>143535111
Shinkai is a hack for me but I just can't fucking wait. Would love to see it in cinema
>>
>>143533799
The monologues were borderline pretentious and movie was more about pushing the themes than the stories and characters. Still it was really good. I just can't help but love the movie even with some obvious and glaring flaws. I think Garden of Words is better.
>>
>>143535147
>Shinkai is a hack
He's literally the saviour of Japanese anime and his work is too subtle and deep for you. Not even joking on the latter part.
>>
>>143535197
yeah, yeah, I know, I'm too shallow
>>
>>143533799

Didn't the manga give this a happy end?
>>
>>143535298
Garden of Words too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.