[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Japanese Thread #1590
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: you don't even english.png (241 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
you don't even english.png
241 KB, 1000x750
Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pKgBm8Aa58mjB1hYhbK-VOPZsRBTXBuPBzw8Xikm2ss/pub?embedded=true

Previous Thread:
>>143443866
>>
File: 1244604.png (10 KB, 259x224) Image search: [Google]
1244604.png
10 KB, 259x224
できた!
>>
>>143480013
ここは全能なるわれらマゾーンの第2の故郷なり
(here) (to become almighty) (we) (mazoon(?)'s) (second) (birthplace)

So...
"Here, still in our second birthplace, we, mazoons, will become almighty"

...I guess?
Goes against the rule of the main verb in the end though, so I'm not sure.
>>
Let's return to a question from the previous thread.

>>143480013
>what なる signifies/means in ここは全能なるわれらマゾーンの第2の故郷なり?

This guy is wrong >>143480269 which only confuses the asker >>143480366.

This guy >>143480262 answers better, but let's add details.

In classical Japanese you have verb forms that are no longer distinguished in modern Japanese.

For example the 終止形 vs. 連体形. Simply put 終止形 is the form at the end of sentences, 連体形 is the form in clauses. For most verbs these were the same, and similar to modern dictionary form, e.g. 食ぶ, 食ふ, 云ふ, 見ゆ etc. (Put in the simplest for possible, it's the form ending in -u when writting in romaji.)

Only few examples exist where these forms are different. Verbs なり, たり, あり and 侍り (はべり) have 終止形 that ends in the -i line.

Even in periods when difference was recognized, sentences were sometimes ended in 連体形, which was a sort of "soft ending". Like you'd now end a sentence with three dots, if you will... Since for most verbs both forms are the same, ultimately ending sentences with 連体形 prevailed.

For the sentence in question, なり is the revelant verb. It simply means である/です and is written as 也. So なる is its 連体形. 全能なるわれら then becomes 全能であるわれら. Or in modern terms 全能のわれら, since 全能 is tied to nouns with の. This guy >>143480262 is right though, that modern な is a changed version of the なる I'm explaining now.

And at the end of the sentence you can see なり in its 終止形.

(Bonus: It's debatable is the concept of "sentences" applies to classical Japanese, but it's easier to understand everything with them.)
>>
>>143480883
>>
>order chicken fingers
>get chicken toes
japanese everyone

also OP, you fucked me over by not having /djt/ in the subject. I was crtl+Fing for like 10 minutes wondering where the thread was
>>
>>143481349
Sorry, I was typing in the earlier thread when it got archived, I waited like 30 min (it was probably 10 but I'm impatient) and decided to make it for the first time...

And I always searched by typing "Daily"
>>
>>143481003
"This is a second home to us, the almighty Mazone."
Good job guessing out of your ass, guy.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (77 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77 KB, 1920x1080
>>143480832

is it possible to learn japanese without socializing with anyone?
>>
>>143481821

i don't see why not as long as you type it and hear it every day.
>>
>>143481821
Totally possible to learn to read and listen Japanese, sure.
>>
>haven't read anything significant in a year
feels good being near-native level at reading so I can just focus on anime
too bad it still feels like i'm a few hundred hours from native listening
>>
File: 1465834897125.jpg (431 KB, 1451x1431) Image search: [Google]
1465834897125.jpg
431 KB, 1451x1431
広がる
世界は
不思議な
輝きを
放ちながら
心へと忍び込む

山下達郎が好きな人いる?最近聞いていて、好きになってる。
>>
>>143482050
>feels good being near-native level at reading

Suuuuure.
>>
http://dat.2chan.net/img2/res/1521722.htm

ハリーポッターって10歳の教師が中学生女子をクシャミで剥く映画なの?
"Harry potter" is a movie where a 10yo teacher skinned a middle schooler with a sneeze?"

...What?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.