[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was his problem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_n649k6ONHZ1s2q6pao4_1280.png (974 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n649k6ONHZ1s2q6pao4_1280.png
974 KB, 1280x720
What the fuck was his problem?
>>
>>143249216
Growing up poor, abused, and with slight psychopathic tendencies tends to do that. You get somebody that trusts nobody and thus rarely makes meaningful, healthy connections with other people.
>>
>>143249216
He was a meanie. A meanie that went from being a little bully, to a badass vampire, to some sort of prophetic messianic figure. A big meanie.
>>
>>143249446
Was his backstory being this reasonable an accident?
>>
>>143249670
No, there's tons of panels referencing these traits, it just takes careful reading. Speedwagon grew up in terrible conditions and hated rich assholes, but he sided with Jonathan and said that people like Dio were simply born evil. He may have had many minions, women and groupies, but in the end, he's only had two people he genuinely cares for, Jonathan and Pucci.
>>
>>143249850
>Pucci
is that what his mother was called?
>>
>>143249216
A better question was, "what was his goal?" I think it went from
>inheriting the Joestar fortune
to
>taking over Europe with vampire zombies
to
>creating his "world"
Whatever that means
>>
>>143249970
Made in Heaven essentially makes you God, since it involves creating an absolute fate that only the user can control.

Consider it him gradually increasing his scope.
>>
>>143249517
And a literal god, though this was can be canon or not
>>
>>143249970
Obviously his ambitions grew every time he became more powerful, you wouldn't settle for a little inheritance when you can create vampires or stop time
>>
File: 1464741526439.png (380 KB, 309x466) Image search: [Google]
1464741526439.png
380 KB, 309x466
>>143249930
Pucci is the Priest in Part 6. Dio's best friend.
>>
>>143249216
He's just an asshole. That's really to it. He's just a huge gigantic asshole.

If you read Akari's interviews, he explains that DIO is just pure ID. By all standards, he should be a generic villian, but what makes him so amusing is that he's so over the top, and Akari's writing adds such a flair to characters like him.
>>
>>143250312
>Akari
>>
>>143250322
shit my bad, meant Akira
>>
>>143250619
No I think you mean Karin.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.