[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is actually pretty entertaining. Did anyone watch this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
This is actually pretty entertaining. Did anyone watch this?

It's nice to have a show or two each season that is simple and doesn't take too many risks/pandering.
>>
File: 1257002817956.jpg (147 KB, 480x340) Image search: [Google]
1257002817956.jpg
147 KB, 480x340
>>143161404
>>
Watched 3 episodes and didn't care enough to download the 4th.
>>
>>143161404
I thought it was enjoyable. Purple best girl.

Would she be considered poor or gap moe
>>
>>143161536
kaichou is gap with her looking adorable and cute but being a demon.

Ojou is poor, and glutton is baka.

It was a very solid show, it kind of went under the radar this season.
>>
It's probably the best SOL this season. Not too hot on Flying Witch or Tanaka-kun.
>>
>>143161607
I agree with this. I don't really understand what "makes" these shows, I think it's a certain level of comedy/back and forth without trying too hard and not involving almost any drama/true plot. Also very few/no male characters.
>>
>>143161404
There is a still a thread up for Sunday's episode.
>>
Loved the first ep. Pretty mild on the rest, kinda bored when I watch. Anne Happy much better
>>
File: 19481723712 (40).png (184 KB, 533x367) Image search: [Google]
19481723712 (40).png
184 KB, 533x367
>>143161837
>anne happy
>that art style
>>
>>143161607
Tanaka-kun was the sleeper hit of the season for me. It improved greatly by episode 3.
>>
Second best series of the season, after Frying Witch.
>>
>>143162029
I loved Tanaka from the start but for lots of people when it "got good" depends on when their favourite girl showed up.
>>
It's pretty good. Probably my fourth favorite SoL this season.
>>
>>143161404
I like it better than Dogakobo's recent turds, but I think it's style seems dated compared to newer SoLs, although you can't really fault them for that with the source material being as old as it is.
>>
>>143162568
Why fix something that isn't broken?
>>
File: 1465775686863.jpg (444 KB, 1280x1229) Image search: [Google]
1465775686863.jpg
444 KB, 1280x1229
>You will never be this comfy
>>
>>143161404
>Did anyone watch this?
How new
>>
>>143161404
It's good. I'd like to see more CGDCT with characters with depth beyond their gimmicks like this. There's plenty of fucking room for it, after all. Anne Happy is a perfect example of how characters should not be.
>>
>>143162568
>but I think it's style seems dated compared to newer SoLs
what the fuck do you even mean by this
>>
>>143164864
>Anne Happy is a perfect example of how characters should not be
Did you even watch the show beyond the first three episodes?
>>
>>143161404
Honestly it's my favorite show of the season.
>>
Best SOL of the season, had great humor, and the animation and direction were amazing for the genre.

Criminally underwatched and appreciated.
>>
>>143164906
I did indeed. They remained literal meme girls with no personalities outside their memes the whole time.
>>
>>143164864
Anne Happy is AOTS, I can't stand Futaba with her annoying voice and her eat gimmick.
>>
>>143164941
So you didn't watch the anime past that. Got 'ya.
>>
>>143164974
I've watched it all, anon. Are you going to explain how I'm wrong? Because it looks like you can't.
>>
>>143164943
You shut your whore mouth, Futaba is a miracle of the universe

>https://u.pomf.is/yebqvk.webm
>>
>>143164943
Except the eat gimmick is like 1/10th of the shit she does faglord
>>
>simple and doesn't take too many risks

Well lucky for you seasons are full of forgettable fluff like this anyways with varying degrees of "pandering"
>>
I liked it. But I also wish it included more friends into the story than adults like anne happy did. If Shansha added more characters to the main group, while still maintaining a personality for each of them, I think it would've been second best SOL of the season.
>>
>>143164998
What is there to explain? If you watched it and still haven't gotten why Unhappy has perfectly utilized its so-called 'memes' to frame its story then I'm afraid you're a lost cause. But sure let's get this shit rolling.

By design, Unhappy is a very simple show. It has a bunch of unlucky fuckups and it's main theme revolves around finding happiness in misfortune and it is in this simplicity does the series execute its themes in varying degrees of success. These seemingly one-note characters go through a self-contained story arc each episode where they learn something new about happiness and we see through each passing episode, as contrast to the anime's initial repetitiveness in its jokes, how each of them have grown not only as friends but as individuals.

We see the self-hating Botan grow more confident in herself and even be the one with the most initiative when it comes to friendship, Hibari herself seems less and less shameful of her own delusions, Hibiki is still a prideful cunt but finds herself always in the midst of rivalry with the others, and well Anne has shown herself to be the strongest driving force of the series because her 'meme' or so you say is so in-tuned to the themes of friendship and happiness.

I guess you can argue that the Unhappys are certainly less nuanced than the Sanshas but that doesn't mean that they serve as a detriment to the show. If anything, despite being predictable and straightforward in how it handles itself, the show uses that to its advantage and earnestly goes about delivering the message it wants to send albeit in the quirkiest of ways. I admit that Sansha is certainly consistently funnier yet I find myself leaning towards Unhappy because much like I felt towards KMB it simply alleviates whatever problems it may have through sheer execution. Being simple isn't always bad, you know?

But I respect your opinion either way.
>>
>>143165368
Good post, anon.
>>
>>143165368
If you need to write an essay to explain why a SoL is good then it is not good, is shit.
>>
>>143165368
Yeah, characters in Unhappy are simpler, but somehow this works great for the show. It's a comedy, so wacky situations for wacky characters makes the whole thing funnier.
>>
>>143166378
Sorry lad. Brevity isn't my strong suit.
>>
>>143165368

I like it because Anne Happy is the most cathartic show this season.
>>
>>143164864
>I'd like to see more CGDCT with characters with depth beyond their gimmicks like this.
You haven't watched all that many SoL shows if you think that is something rare.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.