[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So after 21 years how is there still not a funnier anime ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
So after 21 years how is there still not a funnier anime ever made that isn't just anime in-jokes or references to pop culture
>>
>>143143072
Only true if we're talking about the dub.
>>
>>143143101
Of course The dub fucking makes this show, I watch it once a year at least and it still makes me laugh
>>
>>143143072
I found Prison School hilarious
>>
>>143143146
I saw the sub and it was mediocre. Seems like it's one of those rare instances where dub>sub.
>>
>>143143146
Good. I too rewatch it annually. Never stops being perfect. Naoko has become my favorite girl over the years.
>>
>>143143072
Don't ever read the Golden Boy manga then. You will be vastly disappointed.
>>
>>143143286
Ah, that girl that framed him. I guess she's the dream girl for every cuck.
>>
>>143143433
I would let Naoko cuck me any day of the week
>>
>>143143072
it's like you never watched dbz or super
>>
>>143143286
Noodle shop girl is best girl.
>>
>>143143579
Yeah maybe if you gay
>>
>>143143605
Or if you just like your women not crazy.
>>
>>143143072
>sex and toilet jokes
>funny
And anyway the manga was never fully adapted. The OVA never touched upon the real themes of the story.
>>
>>143143101
>>143143146
>>143143182
Kill yourselves dubfags
>>
>dubfags still forcing this abysmal show.

Sasuga.
>>
>>143143156
Really? I mean it was slightly funny at times like when that chicks riding the guy but it feels pretty forced and definitely should have ended one they were freed
>>
>>143143796
I bet you hated Black Lagoon's dub too
>>
>>143143072
Nope, Another is the best comedy now.
>>
>>143143146

Good ol' Doug Smith.

>AW, SHIT.
>>
>>143143763

>themes

The manga is cheesy sex comedy that goes from hilarious ecchi to pure insanity in like four chapters. What the hell's the theme?
>>
>>143144138

Subfags can't admit that any dub, ever, anywhere, could be any good, otherwise their entire world crumbles. Many of them are weeaboos who hear magical moonspeak and don't actually pay attention to whether or not the acting's any good. Like, Key the Metal Idol's dub ain't much, but if you actually know a bit of Japanese you know the sub's just fucking terrible. With Golden Boy, Kintaro just plain doesn't sound as funny in Japanese, but they don't care, because it's pure. Hell, FLCL's casting got a thumbs up from the original director himself and Bebop's dub is considered the definitive version, but naw, dubfags must just be delusional.

Good dubs are rare. But when they exist, they should be treasured.
>>
File: sxs.jpg (216 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
sxs.jpg
216 KB, 1600x900
Honestly I've watched a lot of anime and of all things this is the show that I found the funniest. Maybe because I related to the characters or something, there's just something about it.
>>
>>143143072
Eh, Cromartie High School is surrealist humor and Nozaki-kun is situational humor with some trope lampooning thrown in, so I would could them as not being in-jokes/pop culture referential and being, if not as funny as Golden Boy, at least in the same tier as it. It all depends upon your tastes, though.

Swimming.
>>
>>143145813
*count, not could
>>
>>143143072
yeah, i agree now fuck off
>>
>>143145889
The point of this thread was to see if you could make a funnier show than Golden Boy I guess you can't
>>
>>143143072
I'm a huge fan of deadpan so Hoozuki no Reitetsu hits a lot of my buttons, and I really appreciate monthly girl's style of humor. Sorry you don't have anything like that anon.
>>
Detroit Metal City is the GOAT gag manga and anime. Angel Densetsu is my favourite comedy manga which isn't an outright gag manga.
>>
>>143143072
Yes it call watamote.
>>
>>143143796
>watch me try and fit in
>>
>>143143072
School rumble
>>
>>143143933
you were meant to be aborted but here we are...
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.