[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think the new KochiKame anime might make it to the west
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: i320.png (103 KB, 320x264) Image search: [Google]
i320.png
103 KB, 320x264
Do you think the new KochiKame anime might make it to the west this time?
>>
>>143126854
Dead on arrival, it lools truly bad with digital animation.
>>
>>143127196
there's a trailer?
>>
>>143126854
I hope it fails, i hate that shitty manga.
>>
The fuck, there's going to be a new Kochikame?

Legitimately asking because I've grown used watching the old series (it airs here in Portugal with spanish dubbing but portuguese subs). I haven't caught upon whether they took it or kept the series off the channel I was seeing it in (Canal Biggs).

It was a fun show and I liked his antiques.
>>
>>143131197
antics?
I wonder what percentage of Portuguese children learned Spanish from watching anime.
>>
>>143131430

Probably a significant percentage, considering Ninja Hattori, Doraemon and I think a few other shows had the same treatment as well if I recall. Dragon Ball was dubbed in portuguese Portugal, albeit they dubbed over the french one and we got... that one Dragon Ball Z french opening, whatever that was, dubbed the same way. GT's opening was actually the raw japanese opening, with portuguese dubs. If we can't get a Japanese raw or English dub version of some anime season, we just sniff it out of some place else, thus the spanish voiced shows which wasn't that bad since they still had portuguese subs.

And kek, I still have to mind my own English, still goof up every now and then.
>>
>>143131197
Yoooo dude late night i used to watch it too in canal panda way back, fun times
>>
Who would the series even appeal to? The manga is primarily for salarymen to read on the way to work, and they're certainly not going to watch anime.
>>
File: ClWV5ZGVAAAp1pZ.jpg (168 KB, 640x907) Image search: [Google]
ClWV5ZGVAAAp1pZ.jpg
168 KB, 640x907
>>143131197
Apparently.

>Main Voice Cast:
> Kankichi Ryotsu: LaSalle Ishii
> Reiko Katherine Akimoto: Yumi Morio
>Keiichi Nakagawa: Mitsuru Miyamoto
>Daijiro Ohara: Haruki Sayama

>62-year-old veteran Akira Shinogi, who previously worked on the TV anime specials aired after the first
series, is attached to direct the franchises' 40th anniversary series for GALLOP. The second TV anime
series is set to premiere on Fuji TV during this year.

>Main Staff:
> Director: Akira Shinogi (Magic Idol Pastel Yumi, Crayon Shin-chan)
> Scenarios: Takashi Yamada (Ojyamajo Doremi, Onegai My Melody)
>Planning: Makoto Seino (Fuji TV)
>Producer: Tomoko Takahashi (ADK)
>Anime Production : GALLOP (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)
> Production: Fuji TV, ADK
>>
>>143131197

Spaniard here, and Kochikame was one of the most aired series on the now defunct ANIMAX EspaƱa channel. I liked the dub and all!

Some of the parody episodes like the ones featuring hard-boiled six tone teikoku detective and the Sailor Moon special patrol are amazing, plus some emotional ones about old 'Showa period' Tokyo and nostalgia around it (see the one about the Ghost Chimneys, for example; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senju_Thermal_Power_Station). This work definitely deserved more exposure in the west.
>>
File: gintamaryotsu.jpg (20 KB, 320x243) Image search: [Google]
gintamaryotsu.jpg
20 KB, 320x243
The new Osomatsu.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.