[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magi / Magi prequel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (899 KB, 817x693) Image search: [Google]
image.png
899 KB, 817x693
I suspended the reading of Magi because all this political / economy is too heavy. But I like the world in which it is set. I saw that there is a prequel called Sinbad no Bouken. This, too, is full of politics / economics? I start to read it.
>>
>>143059084
Find out for yourself.
>>
>>143059084
SnB is geared more toward simple-minded people. Sounds like you'd like it.
>>
>>143059084
>not liking heavy politics/economics

looks at this faggot
>>
>>143059084
First Sinbad volumes are very kid friendly, so they are perfect for you. Thankfully recently it got much better, though.
>>
>>143059387
Not him but it's only good when it deals with characters other than baba.

Baba is so damn naive and idealistic it's a chore to read him deal with it.
>>
>>143059782
There was nothing over idealistic or over naive during that short arc.
>>
Thank you guys.
>>
File: IMG-20160329-WA0011.jpg (17 KB, 213x289) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160329-WA0011.jpg
17 KB, 213x289
>>143059836
>I'll go to each land and tell the leaders about our teleporting devices made by a country everyone hates
>ohh boy I'll make sure to let even the civilians know about it on TV and this will make everyone love Kou again
>my bro Sinbad will support me too, it's not like he's my competitor or anything
>>
>>143059782
Baba is easily the best character in the whole series. I'd have dropped it long ago if not for him.
>>
>>143061833
What you say is true. But the manga worth reading especially for the great story. It is the only shonen manga in which I found a story written really well in addition to FMA.
>>
>>143061540
>I'll go to each land and tell the leader

Leaders that were more than entusiastic. Great job at listing Baba's actual success to prove the contrary.

>ohh boy I'll make sure to let even the civilians know about it on TV and this will make everyone love Kou again

Yes, and? That wasn't even the problem, it was the rumor Sinbad spread, it was explicitely said.
But, yeah, I'm sure that having Baba on TV to give a friendly image of Kou is really over-idealistic or over-naive. Oh, wait, that's exactly what they are doing now, and it is working marvels.
Again, great job anon, it's like you are doing your best to praise Baba.

>my bro Sinbad will support me too, it's not like he's my competitor or anything

Yeah, Sinbad spreading false rumors about a whole starving fucking nation in need was so unbearably obvious that this board filled with edgy genius such as yourself didn't predict it. And we know Sinbad's true nature, Baba doesn't and can't know it. Really fucking unbearable.

I guess that if Baba acted like a knowing-all gary stue instead of an inexperienced young merchant with good ideas it would have been great, we need some out of place Keikau doori in this manga.

Sorry anon, you are full of shit from any possible point of view.
>>
>>143062899
You are fucking retarded if you think the civilians of each country aren't scared of Kou pulling shit again because of the teleporting devices and sure sinbad spreading negative rumours might have made it worse but I'm sure they would have still been against either way after that broadcast.

It was stupid to tell everyone that early and so easily as if people have forgotten the devastation Kou have caused everyone.

Sinbad is just a trader like anyone else so he will manipulate people to make sure no one interferes with his business. Baba should have saw this coming when he randomly came in trying to fuck with his business.

I ain't giving this baba slack because he came in with his hundred years of knowledge acting like he can do whatever he wants and then gets a reality check.
>>
>>143063644
>You are fucking retarded if you think the civilians of each country aren't scared of Kou pulling shit again because of the teleporting devices and sure sinbad spreading negative rumours might have made it worse but I'm sure they would have still been against either way after that broadcast.
They had literally no problem with negotiating with Kou and accepting their proposals before Sinbad spread the rumours. What Sinbad did didn't just "make it worse", it was literally the entire cause of the negotiations breaking down. This is outright told to you. What you're sure of doesn't mean shit when it isn't reflected in the story itself.

>It was stupid to tell everyone that early and so easily as if people have forgotten the devastation Kou have caused everyone.
How was it stupid when it was genuinely working towards his and Kou's favour? Their work force was improving, their morale was improving, they were ready to make large profits from the transportation circles, and everyone who they were negotiating with was enthusiastically on board. The one singular thing that threw a wrench into these plans was Sinbad. There were no other factors working against them prior to his direct intervention.

>Sinbad is just a trader like anyone else so he will manipulate people to make sure no one interferes with his business. Baba should have saw this coming when he randomly came in trying to fuck with his business.
Sinbad is a trader who explicitly agreed to Alibaba's terms in regards to Kou's monetary debt to the IA. He agreed to Alibaba's request to push the deadline back by a year, and he also agreed that it was permissible to use Kou assets as a means to help revive Kou. He went back on these words, which makes him a liar and a hypocrite, after he gave Baba no reason whatsoever to distrust him. And how was he trying to fuck with Sinbad's business? Are you retarded? What Alibaba was doing with Kou in no way caused any detriment to Sinbad's business.
>>
>>143063644
>I ain't giving this baba slack because he came in with his hundred years of knowledge acting like he can do whatever he wants and then gets a reality check.
How was he acting like he could do whatever he wants? He never once broke the boundaries of his agreement with Sinbad, and the one time Sinbad objected to Alibaba's method's when he brought Koumei back to Kou, he still agreed to allow Koumei back eventually. All you're doing is constructing this headcanon about Baba that doesn't exist.

I ain't the other anon btw. I just thought I'd put in my two cents before fucking off. I don't plan to reply back.
>>
>>143059084

>I suspended the reading of Magi because all this political / economy is too heavy

But that's like the only thing that keeps Magi from being generic shonen #263 and makes it worthwhile to read this manga.

Well that and the mystical jew magic.
>>
>>143064107
>They had literally no problem with negotiating with Kou and accepting their proposals before Sinbad spread the rumours.

Yeah the leaders but not the ordinary civillains who weren't aware until the broadcast.

It was stupid because he shouldn't have gone out and said shit yet and let the leaders break it down to their people their own way.

>He agreed to Alibaba's request to push the deadline back by a year, and he also agreed that it was permissible to use Kou assets as a means to help revive Kou. He went back on these words, which makes him a liar and a hypocrite, after he gave Baba no reason whatsoever to distrust him

But he didn't though, you sound like some kid.

The only thing he did was have someone spread the rumours which doesn't directly go against his agreement with baba by saying he won't personally interfer.

He was trying to compete with Sinbad business as a rival so was crushed like one, simple as that.
>>
>>143059084
It's very action-heavy. Also Seren is a semen demon.
>>
File: 006.png (151 KB, 773x1200) Image search: [Google]
006.png
151 KB, 773x1200
>>143065014
>The only thing he did was have someone spread the rumours which doesn't directly go against his agreement with baba by saying he won't personally interfer.
He LITERALLY tells you he manipulated information against Kou, retard. That's personally interfering.
>>
>>143063644
>You are fucking retarded if you think the civilians of each country aren't scared of Kou pulling shit again because of the teleporting devices and sure sinbad spreading negative rumours might have made it worse
>It was stupid to tell everyone that early and so easily as if people have forgotten the devastation Kou have caused everyone.

Yeah, right, it was just Sinbad making it worse, that's why ALL the leaders that met Baba were more than enthusiastic, and the manga explicitly pointed out that it was because of Sinbad's rumor, right?
I'll tell you a secret: there is a freaking huge difference between controllable mass bias and suspects and uncontrollable mass paranoia. The latter was created by Sinbad. But I guess you love your personal fanfiction too much to accept what happened in the manga.
It's ok anon, just do't use your headcanon to judge a character and nobody will point out how unbelievably stupid you are.

>Sinbad is just a trader like anyone

I know that for an edgy teen in love with his fanfictions like you such a statement can be shocking, but "a trader like anyone else" doesn't deliberatly make a whole fucking huge as fuck nation starve because of his own business, and in this case the trader is the most successful hero of all time and Baba's saviour.
Again, it's not a case nobody here saw that coming.
>>
>>143064217
>his hundred years of knowledge
He existed in a dimension that was nothing more than his own consciousness. He wasn't learning or experiencing anything that could make him wiser, he was essentially existing in a vacuum.
>>
>>143064107
>Sinbad is a trader who explicitly agreed to Alibaba's terms in regards to Kou's monetary debt to the IA. He agreed to Alibaba's request to push the deadline back by a year, and he also agreed that it was permissible to use Kou assets as a means to help revive Kou. He went back on these words, which makes him a liar and a hypocrite, after he gave Baba no reason whatsoever to distrust him.

This, pefectly said.
>>
>>143065710
He was not in a vacuum, he was with the wizards of AT. He was conscious in the other dimension.
>>
Magi sucks.

Read Kingdom instead.
>>
>>143066034
>Reading a series that barely anyone in the Western world gives a shit about
No. Kingdom threads barely reach 10 posts before being archived.
>>
>>143066034
I disagree
>>
>>143066163
>giving a fuck about a series if many people read it or not

And Kingdom gets weekly scans in HQ unlike Magi with its every 2 or so weeks so guess one of them is in higher demand here huh?
>>
>>143066034
You can not compare shonen and seinen. The editorial differences are too big. Magi is a miracle that is as it is, the author has courage to deal with certain things in a shonen magazine.
>>
>>143066034
>read great general of the week musou adaptation
Is Shin still a faggot who can't handle war for what it is and pales at little rape and pillage?

Magi is amazing, take a hike.
>>
>>143066247
Eh i think shounen shit can get away with certain stuff just as long as its not in WSJ.
>>
>>143066474
This does not change the fact that they are two different targets with different objectives and limits creativity. There are cases in which the authors do not care about the limitations imposed, as HxH and Magi, but sometimes this leads to the decrease in sales.
>>
>>143065929
Yet he remembers almost nothing about it and only appears to have passively learned how to slow his perception of time from the AT magicians. He doesn't have 100 years of wisdom or academic knowledge to help him, just existence inside his own head and a martial arts technique.
>>
>>143066339
>Hakuryuu
>finally gets his revenge on his mum
>new task was to reclaim his kingdom
>gathered many troops and even brainwashed them
>even begged Sinbad for help
>now finally kicks the scum out of his Kingdom
>instead of staying put as the new leader of Kou and trying to get the country's shit together he fucks off entirely like a little bitch despite all the sacrifices he made to get there

Yeah Magi is soo amazing.
>>
>>143066243
>weekly scans in HQ unlike Magi with its every 2 or so weeks
Magi chapters come out once a week. Once in a while it's on break or the scan group is a few days late, but it's more or less consistent.
>>
>>143066681
What must be remembered? We have already seen that he knows things that no one else knows, and what he can tell them when the time comes. We expect the flashback with Alibaba in the other dimension.
>>
>>143066339
>Is Shin still a faggot who can't handle war for what it is and pales at little rape and pillage?

The current chapters are about that.
>>
>>143066866
The fuck are you even on about?
>>
Hopefully this will all end by the end of the year.

Nothing worse than these "last arcs" that drag on for years.

Wonder if the Sinbad manga will still be ongoing for a while.
>>
>>143066708
I respect your opinion, but your argumentation sucks.
>>
>>143066708
Yeah he should've just let Arba kill him, that would've accomplished so much.
>>
>>143066951
It's not even an argument, just a childish "I don't like that so it sucks".
>>
>>143066866
>We have already seen that he knows things that no one else knows
Not anymore. Ohtaka fucked that up by having Arba tell Hakuryuu about Sinbad and David.
>>
>>143066773
Not him but this was only recently become sense fags got their shit together.

We were usually always 2 chapters behind because those fags were so slow.
>>
>>143066948
There is still much that Magi must say, there are many questions. He has to take his time.
>>
>>143067013
Yeah I know, but it hasn't been that way for a few months now.
>>
>>143066948
I don't even bother thinking of it as a "last arc." Babanomics turned out to be an arc in and of itself. Wouldn't be surprised if we got 2-4 more mini arcs like that.
>>
>>143066708
>Fuck off, invaders!
>We are not invaders, we are the Hi Shin Unit!11

Actual real dialogue that happened in Kingdom.
>>
>>143059084
Are you literally retarded OP?
Did you really drop MAGI because it felt too complicated?

Is just

COMUNISM VS CAPITALISM
FREE WILL VS BEING "GOOD"

Im sure you are smarter than this.
>>
>>143068411
No, just that it's boring, too many dialogues.
>>
>>143068973
I'd hate for you to read a novel. You'd probably get an aneurysm.
>>
>>143067053
>He
You mean she.
>>
>>143066034
>Kingdom
>Shit characters
>Shit story
>Good action
Nah
>>
>>143069237
The action isn't even that good, the action scenes visually have been very repetive since ages. As a whole I like it, though, but Magi is undeniably much better.
>>
>>143067390
>Pillage is wrong because...WHO PILLAGE CAN'T UNIFY CHINA!

It's really sad how every time Shin opens his mouth he ruins otherwise good parts.
>>
>>143069509
Shin is best when he silently rides around on his fugly horse and ganbattes the fuck out of his rivals. Rest of the time he is an embarassment to the genre.
>>
I'm not too familiar with Kingdom. What is it about?
>>
>>143070621
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin%27s_wars_of_unification

Except it's about a kid general and kid emperor who want to unite China to end all wars
>>
File: 0104-014.jpg (187 KB, 715x1124) Image search: [Google]
0104-014.jpg
187 KB, 715x1124
>gary stu

Apologize
>>
File: Rekted.png (225 KB, 715x1124) Image search: [Google]
Rekted.png
225 KB, 715x1124
>>143072021
>>
>>143072021
>>143072135
Those 2 arcs were surprisely good.
>>
File: sinbtfo1.png (206 KB, 715x1124) Image search: [Google]
sinbtfo1.png
206 KB, 715x1124
>>143074361
arcs where sin gets his shit pushed in is always fun
>>
>>143072021
>>143072135
slave sinbad best sinbad
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.