[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do some manga/anime run so long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: golgoface.jpg (258 KB, 937x960) Image search: [Google]
golgoface.jpg
258 KB, 937x960
Is it all about the money? I loved the Fist of the North Star anime but how long were they going to keep the same formula going? Same goes with most Shonen Jump media.
>>
If you had something good going, why would you stop? Especially if it's the only thing that keeps a roof over your head?
>>
File: 1446600806533.png (532 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
1446600806533.png
532 KB, 1200x960
You should be able to solve it.
>>
>>142997019
7 apples!
>>
File: Educational Pointer.jpg (3 MB, 3508x4961) Image search: [Google]
Educational Pointer.jpg
3 MB, 3508x4961
>>142996565
>Is it all about the money?
Yes. Mangaka are pressured into perpetuating successful series for years if the audience is there.
>>
>>142996796

what are

>geobreeders
>deadman wonderland
>Dragon Half
>>
>>142996565
Are you implying here that golgo ran too long?
Its a shame how golgo dosn't have many translations or adaptations
>>
>>142999426

No, that was just a random picture I had.
>>
>>142998266
>pressured
I'm pretty sure most of them want the money.

>>142999230
Dragon Half was irrelevant sales-wise, and Geobreeders ran for fifteen years, so I'm not sure what the fuck that list is supposed to be.
>>
>>142996565
well, the keyword is some. some do, and others don't. think of it like 2 different types of anime.

1. the type where the writer wants to write a story with an ending, and 2. the writer wants to build a universe where many different stories/arcs can happen
>>
>>142996565
Why do some book series/live-action TV shows/movie franchises/comics/cartoons run for so long?

Seriously, how autistic do you have to be not to have an answer for this, or to think it's specific to manga? Is it just one guy who keeps making threads for this shitty question recently?
>>
>>142996565
I don't mind it with other shows, but motherfucking Detective Conan.
>>
>>142999977
>Geobreeders ran for fifteen years

did ito ever get better?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.