[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HxH thread. How tough is this motherfucker going to be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: Benjamin.jpg (253 KB, 562x716) Image search: [Google]
Benjamin.jpg
253 KB, 562x716
HxH thread.

How tough is this motherfucker going to be?
>>
prob not uvo level.
>>
>>142978003
He'll be one of the first to die, the princess is gonna be the real threat, next on the ladder is mister edgy.
>>
>>142978615
Doubtful but he'll end up helping Kurapika when he realizes there's no way for him to win the throne (nen beast too weak).
>>
>>142978003
Has anyone else showed the ability to tear a LION's head off with bare hands and no nen? This prince is top tier.
>>
>>142978003
Like a bear.
>>
File: Hunter X Hunter v9-054.jpg (1 MB, 2037x3056) Image search: [Google]
Hunter X Hunter v9-054.jpg
1 MB, 2037x3056
>>142978382
Mentioning Uvo made me want to reread the part where he mauls everyone.

There's this scene in the 2011 series where Rabid Dog uses Ko. And I thought that was a nice addition to the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1onlLXUe5s
>>
>>142980893
> You'll never know how the other shadowbeasts died and what was their power
>>
>>142981008
The fuck was up with the naked alien looking guy who could burrow through the ground and overpowered Uvo though?
>>
>>142980893
Someone explain how Uvo, an enhancer who had yupi level destructive force (yupi's self destruct damage compared to uvo's big bang) could punch Kurapika, who learned nen in the same amount of time that 1:10 000 000 geniouses gon/killua learned nen, and only break pika's arm.

How? Pika did not know Ko (an advanced technique gon/killua learned from a ryu master), and even with his asspull 100% efficency in enhancer, how did he not instantly die? it makes zero sense. Uvo's nen should be vast vast vastly superior to pika's, his punch should have overpowered pika's nen defence and have done full damage. Hell bisky's punch not backed by nen Ko'ed bernholt? (scissor man) even while using nen.

Shitty asspull for a shitty character fuck i'm still mad about this.
>>
File: hxh-47-40.png (284 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hxh-47-40.png
284 KB, 1280x720
>>142981474

R.I.P Uvogin.

Killed by a little girl with plotarmour.
>>
Yeah, this dude is supposed to be some second Uvogin, but with an freaky stand instead of pure nen and maybe without much real battle experience. Back at Yorkshin/Yorknew, Uvogin's death was pretty much bullshit considering Kurapika was a starter on nen, despite all the bullshit to say Chain Jail and Judgement Chain were made hax due specific Spider targeting.
>>
>>142981737
R.I.P.
By the laws of manga, badass muscular powerhouses must job to bishonen femboys with revenge motives. It's the law.

R.I.P. You badass man you.
>>
>>142981874
whats real bullshit is kurapika actually battling in hand to hand with uvo. everything else is fine really
>>
>>142978003
We literally see him dominating a class C calamity right there.
>>
>>142981474
Kurapika already had his chains on the guy as he went to attack, which dramatically reduced the damage.

He was so focused on the attack he didn't realize he was chained even after after the smoke cleared.

Which basically means he was so fucking strong he still shattered Pika's arm even despite having the chain on him.
>>
>>142982121
I think thats just a normal lion bro.
>>
>>142982004
From fighting him hand to hand to his death was all bullshit. It's ok to accept how Uvogin can be sloppy in fights since he was too rash, but in any case Kurapika wouldn't even be able to overpower him in nen abilities in theory since he was still a starter to begin with.
>>
File: Hunter X Hunter v9-089.jpg (1 MB, 2037x3056) Image search: [Google]
Hunter X Hunter v9-089.jpg
1 MB, 2037x3056
KURAPIKA SO STRONG HE CAUSES BLOODY NOSES WHILE SWORDS CANT PENETRATE UVO'S SKIN WHAT A GUY

Although in all honesty he probably just let Kurapika hit him since he just murdered a bunch of his comrades. It's not like Kurapika's frail arms are going to do much.
>>
>>142981874
Problem isn't how he won. I can see how nen sealing powers could work. Problem is how he even got there. This was a nen master that could tank an rpg with his nen, razor's dodgeball would have bounced off his defenses... yet Pika could tussle hand to hand with uvo as a nen newbie for a while and tank a punch without going uncontious even, hell he should have died outright.
>>
>>142982230
Remember that the entire premise of Nen powers is they are powered up if you pay a cost for them.

The is also the same principle behind how Gon goes super saiyen during the CA arc. The bigger the price the bigger the power up.

Kuripika basically pooled all his points into "fuck up the spiders" which means he had a +20 to rolls vs spiders and -20 to everything else.

End result: it would be really shitty if the spiders didn't come along the trip, because Pika would be pretty weak otherwise.
>>
>>142982127
As far as i know, his chains ether seal nen or they don't. I can't remember they slowly drained nen. If Uvo's punch were shown not to be powered by his nen then fine, but that was not the case. If it was, Uvo would have noticed and commented on it.
>>
>>142982335
Which explains how his chains can overpower Uvo, there is no problem there. problem is how Pika, who should be below Killua and Gon at the time in hand to hand combat could last even a second against Uvo. Hell, Gon and Killua would have died if they went up against Bernholt (scissor guy) at full strength, who bisky compared to a D rank greed island mob.
>>
>>142981737
I dont think its so much plot armor if said plot armor can only be used against ~13 people.
>>
>>142982335
>-20 to everything else.
I'd really love to see how this plays out in Dark Continent. Especially if he encounters a calamity.
>>
>>142982243
Other than the physical strength argument which is obvious, Togashi was somehow lazy to give him out fully functional specific nen sealing powers in the very beginning. As said, he's a newbie, even if there's the Spider condition, he shouldn't even get the power to trap him yet. Togashi gave off that the Chain Jail can be escaped through brute force, but that wasn't the case for Uvogin. How come Kurapika has so much power to back Chain Jail resilience and even stab him with Judgement Chain, which isn't even a Spider specific condition?
>>
>>142978003
Togashi treats big tall muscular people pretty badly in his works.

They job pretty hard.
>>
>>142981737
hopefully at some point Gon will fight as entertaining as Uvo
i mean, his Rock already makes experienced hunters shit themselves from fear
>>
>>142982688
Yet his Rock has a long long way to go untill it compares to Uvo's Big bang.
Really wan't gon to go full overpower mode though
>>
>>142982335
But then the condition is to just trap the Spiders, to be honest it's not such a big price to pay technically. Besides, even if something in the Hunter world can prep up their abilities through restrictions, it shouldn't be something one can do at the very beginning, the Nen system is too lenient for all its users and is open to free abuse of powers.
>>
>>142981737
Before Uvo and now Shalnark, why Togashi kills the most likeable spiders ?
>>
File: Hunter X Hunter v9-102.jpg (1 MB, 2037x3056) Image search: [Google]
Hunter X Hunter v9-102.jpg
1 MB, 2037x3056
>Uvo will never reach his dream

Because he's dead.
>>
>>142978003
Bane-tier
>>
>>142982649
Because so dark, so edgy, muh revenge, muh family, muh bishonen femtraps > actual physical fighter tropes.
Little in that encounter made sense, only the condition made sense, everything else that transpired breaks with HxH otherwise good powerscaling.

because Plot. Uvo was just a poor choice of first blood for Pika, any other spider would have served the role better, but Uvo was the most imposing and served best to wank Pika.
>>
>>142982779
Gon't problem is a simple lack of experience, he can only use a very small percent of his aura effectively from what i remember. And even that was enough for Morel to almost shit himself.
>>
>>142982967
Not so sure, during GI he put enough aura into his attack that he passed out, so he clearly can channel a lot if not all his aura into a single attack if he wished. What gon lacks is Aura capasity, which comes with training. The whole point of Rock is to use a large percent of his aura in a single attack.
>>
>>142982931
Once it was other "weak" Spider and Kurapika wasn't too fresh, then him killing someone from the Troupe would've been more believable. The condition itself for the Chain Jail powers isn't bad or not convincing, although it should've been something to improve through more training (at least physical resilience).
>>
>>142978003
Not as tough as the Ant King and his royal guards.
>>
>>142982562

Kuripika is a bit of sue, he only has one overpowered chain ability disabled when not fighting spiders, it`s more like +20 fight spiders and +18 fighting everything else, Kuripika`s entire arc is a giant stupid asspull.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.