[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't the Japanese like Watamote?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 676976976976.jpg (132 KB, 400x554) Image search: [Google]
676976976976.jpg
132 KB, 400x554
Why don't the Japanese like Watamote?
>>
Its marketed towards people who are failures at life. What kind of self respecting person would pick up Watamote material at a store and take it to checkout? It's the equivalent of saying in public "I'm a loser who can relate to this shit". Watamote is for Internet discussion and sales only. Welcome to the NTR was the same way.
>>
>>142911708
give me something similar to watch plz
>>
>>142911836
I wouldn't want to pick up something embarassing at the anime store, people would think i'm a loser
>>
>>142911708

It hit really close to home. It's not something that the people that relate to will openly advertise.

It's more popular over here because we can discuss this kind of shit without wanting to an hero. It's the same reason that 4chan maintains a board dedicated to discussing the best pricing of helium tanks (/r9k/) and 2chan doesnt.

It's not that the show and manga have no support, it's that we dont go around talking about it.
I rarely see anyone mention watamote outside of 4chan.
>>
>>142911708
Some people in Japan like watamote.
>>
>>142911836
>welcome to the ntr
>>
>>142911708
Hit too much close to home.

>>142912075
MAL seems to like it.
>>
>>142911708
It was too realistic.
Japan hate realism
>>
>>142911836
But you'd cross that line by being in that store in the first place.
>>
>>142911836
Not really, oregairu and chuunibyou are selling well.
Its more of the mass general taste.
For better comparison think of how naruto and Sao are so popular while great stuff like Rakuin no monshou and Concrete revolutio are under appreciated
>>
>>142912446
it's finished
>>
>>142912075
/r9k/ is a normalfag board. It's not even about greentext stories anymore.
They should nuke this board with /pol/
>>
>>142911708
They don't appreciate sad like the west.

Well most of us. Normies sometimes don't get it either, like that Kotaku article demonizing the show for being too cruel.
>>
It's boring.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.