[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Gate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Help me /a/

I really enjoy reading New Gate manga. And planning to read the Light Novel soon. But, before i start on it

Is there a story before Shin defeat the death game?

the manga started after he beat the death game. Then transferred to real world of the game. I really wanna know how he become the blacksmith. And all the people he mention in the manga
>>
>mangafox
>screenshot
>>
>>142907414
>problem?
>currently on mobile
>>
>>142907320
no
>>
File: 1463092932953.jpg (47 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
1463092932953.jpg
47 KB, 425x425
>>142907320
>>
I've only read up to the 4 volume, the MC is really fucking subdued, from what I hear he just gets pussywhipped around like the world owns him. Plus the author just drones on and on about game mechanics like he's presenting his ideas towards the board of developers when you just want him to get on with the story, its so ridiculous.
>>
>>142907320
>>Is there a story before Shin defeat the death game?
No. There's some background later on but it's pretty confusing in no small part because awkward translation of the LN and the pacing of the manga.
>>
>>142907320
No.

>how he become the blacksmith
He defeated monsters, collected the loot, open up his menu, and selected craft.
>>
>>142911656
>Plus the author just drones on and on about game mechanics

Most VIDEOGAME WORLD novels do that, which is why I rarely agree whith purists claiming that "hurr the novel is better the adaptation is bad because it skipped the IMPORTANT DETAILS".
>>
>>142912425

Not when an author spends several paragraphs detailing everything about how a skill works. It not the action of doing so that's off-putting, but rather that he's over doing it to the point where you know more about the MC's favorite skills than you do his personality.
>>
>>142912592
Just like most novels of this type. They all get autistic about pointless details.
>>
>>142912631

I'm beginning to think all JP fantasy LN writers get their experiences from playing nothing but Dragon Quest games and have never picked up a western fantasy novel in their lives. Why attempt to even emulate western fantasy if all a writer is going to do is try to market it to gamers?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.