[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sekirei > Highschool DxD SEKIREI IS THE GREATEST ECCHI ANIME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: Sekirei_Heroines.png (625 KB, 1071x424) Image search: [Google]
Sekirei_Heroines.png
625 KB, 1071x424
Sekirei > Highschool DxD

SEKIREI IS THE GREATEST ECCHI ANIME OF ALL TIME

A L L T I M E
L
L

T
I
M
E

discuss
>>
>>142761092
Yeah who doesn't like Pokemon: Titanic Tit's edition.
>>
>>142761092
Best girl was wasted by having a vegetable trainer in a hospital.

The inn keeper was goddess tier as well.
>>
Best Sekirei/DxD waifu incoming.
>>
File: 1464338838366.jpg (62 KB, 507x546) Image search: [Google]
1464338838366.jpg
62 KB, 507x546
>>142761092
>ecchi anime
>>
File: sheer grayfia.jpg (159 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
sheer grayfia.jpg
159 KB, 640x800
>>142763101
Agreed on the Sekirei. For DxD, though, I'll have to go with pic related.
>>
man I forgot this manga existed
Did it ever finish getting translated?
>>
>>142763686
Is DxD worth watching? Are the fights worth it? I liked Sekirei's fight scenes, it did have some sort of choregraphy and superpowers kept to a minimum.
>>
>>142764265
Overall I'd say yes, it's worth it, but then I'm a Type H viewer, so I go for most ecchi/harem shows, so I'm kinda biased.

Fight scenes in DxD are mostly alright, although they do suffer from power creep as the MC's abilities improve. They have a little bit more strategy involved than in most battle harem shows since fights can change the large-scale situation, especially later in the series.

Gotta admit, the best thing I can think of about DxD is the top-tier girls; there are a LOT of them. Oh, and if you delve into the LNs, you'll find the MC gets with quite a few of them. It's closer to a true harem outcome.

tl;dr: Go for it; DxD is another one of those shows that may pleasantly surprise you.
>>
>>142764391
I'm more of a sakugafag though. I mean, I like buxom women, but I need more than just ecchi. And strategies/tactics kinda go over my head. I mean yeah, it's great that fights with superpowers involved are thought out, but I always preferred good ol' fisticuffs/martial arts movies instead of wuxia.

...Get what I'm saying?
>>
>>142764574
Sakuga, eh? It's been a while since I watched the series, though I still have it saved, so I can't speak authoritatively about the sakuga in DxD, but IIRC it's not a show know for exceptional sakuga. On the other hand, neither is it known for QUALITY issues. It's pretty solid on the animation, and I'd say focuses the best of it on three things: girls, magic powers, and creatures.

Oh, and about the fight types, well, magic-users in the show tend to have to think about things more, but the MC's ability is basically just
>apply magic gauntlet
>BOOSTO it's power as much as needed
>punch the bad guy harder.

How does that strike you?
>>
>>142761092
dumb verticalposter
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYil1j5vS_4
>>
File: sekirei_wallpaper_3-normal.jpg (520 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sekirei_wallpaper_3-normal.jpg
520 KB, 1024x768
>>142764746
>MC being actively involved in combat
Eh... It really depends on who's the MC. I'm not a fan of the bland black-haired shounen MC. How is he?

Also, I guess Sekirei, even s2, doesn't have exceptional sakuga either, but it did the job really well. Are fights in DxD mostly magic spamming from afar or are they more close-ranged, akin to melee combat?

>>142764859
Shit was hilarious.
>>
>>142765421
>MC being actively involved in combat
>Eh... It really depends on who's the MC. I'm not a fan of the bland black-haired shounen MC. How is he?
He is a shounen, but brown-haired, and I wouldn't call him bland. He's pervy (LOVES him some tiddies!), and a bit hot-headed, but not overly so. His problem dealing with females is actually explicitly explained, being mostly due to his rough introduction to the world of demons/angels/magic/life-or-death combat, etc.
>Also, I guess Sekirei, even s2, doesn't have exceptional sakuga either, but it did the job really well. Are fights in DxD mostly magic spamming from afar or are they more close-ranged, akin to melee combat?
DxD will give you a mix of both. Some characters, like Rias and Akeno, use long-range type magics (fire and lightning, like one would expect). MC mostly just punches with his magic gauntlet, and some other characters wield swords or whips and such. It's a nice non-boring variety.
>>
>>142765630
Is MC the only one who fights at close-range?
>>
>>142761092
>TLLTIME
what did he mean by this?
>>142761806
this is what Im calling this show from now on

Gen 2 when?
>>
>>142765706
>some other characters wield swords or whips and such.
I'm having trouble recalling, but I think he gets an ally or two who do close range; sword/knife-type stuff, I think.

With all the details you're asking about, I'd suggest just giving the first 3-5 episodes a try and see what you think.
>>
File: 1453777675816.png (948 KB, 1200x671) Image search: [Google]
1453777675816.png
948 KB, 1200x671
>>
>>142765779
So the waifus just shot magic stuff at each other from afar? Do they move around in fights to show them curves?

Maybe I'll get me a torrent of it and check the first six eps but I kinda got disappointed lately by a bunch of battle harem anime. I miss Ikkitousen's first two seasons.
>>
>>142765706

He eventually has Koneko, Kiba, Xenovia and Irina as frontline combatants along with him. The rest of the girls heal/cast from the back. Once he learns it, he spends every fight in a suit of armor. Apart from Koneko, the rest of them use swords, although their abilities are different.
>>
>>142765972
see >>142765986
>>
>>142765972

Also concerning the curves: they literally get all of their clothes blown off repeatedly. In fact the MC develops a special move specifically to fulfill his own perversions.

Just watch it, you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>142765986
Hmm...

It does sounds like those recent harem series I dropped because the waifus were just support characters instead of leading the plot by themselves.

Not like waifus in Sekirei weren't support characters, but at least fights were focused on them.
>>
>>142766313

Issei definitely stands out as the 'finisher' so to speak. But they do a good job of keeping the girls' power levels close to his, even moreso in the LN. The girls mostly aren't just background characters, and their pasts are explored one by one.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.