[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can JoJofags explain how King Crimson works?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: 1db.png (141 KB, 552x325) Image search: [Google]
1db.png
141 KB, 552x325
Can JoJofags explain how King Crimson works?
>>
You want to do something.

You begin to do the thing.
[King Crimson]
You have done the thing.

King Crimson erased the time that you were doing the thing from existence.

I believe it's somewhat agreed upon that King Crimson erases effects of of actions and skips the the end of the action.

It just works.
>>
>>142716703
I want to throw a ball, I throw the ball. King crimson erases my action of throwing the ball. And then I get hit with the ball?
>>
King Crimson erases the cause but keeps the effect.
>>
It erased the process of performing an action and leaves just the result, but he can move freely during that time.
Example: You see Diavolo two meters away from you, so you take two steps and raise your fist aiming to his face. The time you spent doing that does not exist and you find youself punching nothing, because during that time Diavolo could move freely.
>>
>>142716523
it just work
>>
>>142716788
wouldn't it be similar to The world?, i mean you can't stop the things to happen but atleast you can act freely while the time is being erased.
>>
>>142716767
It'd probably be simpler if you think of it as a fast forward function.
>>
they usually tour to make most of their money like most bands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQrlDzqUCA
>>
It's like The World, but you skip the time stop time.
>>
King Crimson essentially has full edit function over what the next ten seconds will be like. Or, more simply put, it can control fate in Diavolo's surrounding area.

All actions, motions, and direct possibilities achieved are displayed over that course of time; Diavolo can do anything he wants to during that period, and then when he's done, that period immediately jumps to the end of the "edit".

Epitaph is highly useful because it's a preview function for him to let him know if he should activate King Crimson or not.
>>
File: 1465447068683.jpg (232 KB, 728x1590) Image search: [Google]
1465447068683.jpg
232 KB, 728x1590
>>142716523
>>
File: 1460989883656.jpg (329 KB, 850x614) Image search: [Google]
1460989883656.jpg
329 KB, 850x614
>>142716898
It's very simmilar, but you can find creative ways of hurting King Crimson if you predict where is he going to move. With the World you can't predict shit, you can't even move so you are screwed. I don't get why some people said King Crimson was better when it clearly isn't. DIO would have wiped the floor with Diavolo.
>>
>>142717209
And then King Crimson erases the part where DIO harms him at all.
>>
>>142717262
>Dio stops time
>Donut's Diavolo
>Time resumes
>Diavolo then activates King Crimson
>Nothing changes because he's already been Kakyoin'd
>>
>>142717209

>>142717054 here. Even I agree with that fact. Even with Epitaph, the moment The World activates Time Stop, Diavolo's only chance of countering is to preemptively hit back before Dio even starts it up. Diavolo on the other hand is only at best going to reposition himself, and that's only just a small change of plan for Dio by that time.
>>
Diavolo's stand is the strongest in the series in a 1 v 1 fight with a stand user (besides GER). Theres a reason the only lost because of GER. Diavolo can predict 10 seconds in to the future with epitath so any action the opponent does within that time will be known to diavolo. He can erase all actions during that time period while only keeping the result. You also seem to be forgetting that his stand is the physically strongest stand in the entire series. His stand hit people with enough force to tear them to pieces. He punched silver chariot once and polnareff lost hte majority of his limbs. If dio and Diavolo fought he could see dio stopping time before he actually does it and with time skip he will erase dio ever stopping time. He can only be beat by a group of people, someone who knows his ability if their lucky, and GER.
>>
File: it just works.jpg (500 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
it just works.jpg
500 KB, 1000x1000
any actions from 2-11 no longer occur except Diavolo and KC repositioning themselves.
>>
>>142716523
Epitaph (the face in his forehead) predicts 10 seconds into the future. These predictions are unavoidable and will always come true UNLESS Diavolo uses King Crimson's main power which is to erase time. During erased time, Diavolo is in his own little world or space outside of normal time and the people he sees are projections based on what Epitaph predicted. This is why he can't hurt or be hurt in erased time. These projections will be forced to act out exactly what was predicted while Diavolo is free to move however he wants. So if Epitaph predicted Diavolo getting stabbed, if he didn't use KC he'd be guaranteed to be stabbed no matter what he does. If he uses KC, the guy who was going to stab him is shown stabbing the empty space where Diavolo would have been based on the prediction, but since it's erased time he's free to move how he wishes. So he slips behind people and then ends the erased section. When erased time is over, Diavolo moves back to normal time and everyone else is moved to where their projections were in erased time, in whatever state they were in. So things still technically happen in erased time except to Diavolo, who can do whatever he wants except interact with and change outside elements. To everyone but Diavolo, it's like instant teleportation since time continues from when he initiated KC to when he ended the erase. They don't remember anything because nothing happened, they went from one point to another instantly. This causes confusion and is when Diavolo attacks, since he can guarantee a perfect angle of attack and evasion of any other attack and get a fatal hit in with KC's immense strength.
>>
>>142717575

That's the problem. If Diavolo is distracted enough to not access Epitaph, then he has less than 10 seconds to activate KC for him to tear apart Dio.

Another conundrum: If Diavolo activates KC as soon as The World activates, what really does happen? Does Time Stop override KC? Or does it divide by zero and cause a rip in the time space continuum?
>>
>>142717344
>Diavolo sees himself getting donuted instantly with Epitaph and panics
>activates KC a second before it happens
>is safe and attacks a confused DIO
If you survive the initial hit from Diavolo (DIO would because vampire) you could stop time immediately and retaliate before Diavolo has time to get another prediction. KC would definitely beat TW normally but DIO beats Diavolo easily.
>>
>>142717575
>>142717771
so how would Diavolo use his stand without epitaph?
>>
>>142717807
We never know if he's distracted enough since he's usually got Doppio running so it's like autopilot and he just sits back and watches what happens 10 seconds before it does and uses KC if needed. He also NEVER takes Epitaph off, his paranoia won't let him leave even a single second up to chance.
>>
>>142717842
He wouldn't
>>142717667
This is pretty perfect also adding that he can see into the future and that Diavolo can move and set up things to happen in the skipped time but can't actually hurt people
>>
>>142717842
Without Epitaph it'd be a guessing game and basically a more situational The World, but more powerful in those situations. Epitaph is what makes KC so powerful. It's basically the perfect defense against any attack and also an opportunity to completely disorient your opponent and get a very good hit in. Diavolo could wreck a lot of people easily and quickly but his fear of people seeing his face or knowing his identity means he only ever gets one super strong hit in and then runs away. He's also so paranoid he never deactivates Epitaph, ever.
>>
>>142717861

Just from me witnessing his fight with Risotto and Metallica. If he gets wounded, he loses some of his focus to achieve KC's full edit capability and some of Epitaph's direct coordiation
>>
>>142717932
Yeah, he had to focus a LOT more to use the power. KC isn't completely unstoppable but it is incredibly powerful and only someone with the right power and tricky enough would be able to do it.
>>
>>142717344
He can see Dio stop time with Epitaph, not only that but because Dio's actions are in reality instaneous, it wouldnt matter if Dio could stop time for an hour

KC basically directly counters The World if you can access Epitaph
>>
Remember that one time your video game froze for a while and then everything skipped forward? That was KC
>>
>>142717209
The worlds powers are completely countered by KC since timestop happens in an instant. the only "time" passing is what DIO understands as time/ his own frame of reference since he can experience stopped time. epitaph will see probably hundreds of afterimages of DIO and preemptively skip over it.

The real fight is if DIO or even Jotaro for that matter could react quickly enough to the skip to catch KC off guard since he still has to take time to punch them.

either way shit is confusing.
>>
File: Even King Crimson is confused.png (21 KB, 360x387) Image search: [Google]
Even King Crimson is confused.png
21 KB, 360x387
>>142716523
>>
>>142717921
Yup, KC is basically useless without Epitaph
>>
>>142717771
Holy shit I think I get it now
>>
>>142716523
It doesn't. Any one who says otherwise is acting clever. There are two revisions of the stand just like many of arakai's changes it was done midway and never mentioned. This is where the confusion stems from
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33kAMeHVzBA
>>
>>142717118
This explains more about the stand than anything in the manga
>>
>>142716523
It's pretty simple.
You throw a ball.
King Crimson skips over the time it takes the ball to fly
The ball instantly hits after it leaves your hand.

Alternatively, if you were to be hit by something and you erase the thing hitting you, you're not hit and the ball simply passes through you or it falls to the ground as if it had hit you or something.
That part is kinda wonky.
>>
>>142717842
walk up to the guy he wants to kill, punch him.
While doing that, Diavolo skips over the time it takes to get in punching range.
Basically the same way he killed Abbacchio, except he now doesn't have a near-perfect defense.
>>
King Crimson and Epitaph allow Diavolo to bypass fate. Don't think of it as a time manipulating stand, that makes it too confusing. For example, Epitaph shows that Diavolo is fated to be punched, and in that, the person punching is fated to punch. King Crimson allows Diavolo to bypass his own fate so that he may move out of the way to change his fate. The assailant's fate, to punch, is still carried out, but Diavolo's fate, to be punched, is not as Diavolo can simply move. Diavolo can't attack people when he changes fate because KC can only change his own fate, and by Epitaph showing the next 10 seconds, fate is sealed, but KC disallows Diavolos fate so that he may choose his own. Then, at the end of the 10 seconds Epitaph showed Diavolo, he may choose to attack his assailant, as that fate has not yet been decided. The other people involved don't remember the events happening, because instead of the events actually happening fate carried the actions out.

Good explanation? I know there's a lot of weird stuff KC can do, like with the bullets and cleaning the room, but I think that's more just BS like Star Platinum's many abilities.
>>
>>142716523
It skips to the part where you've already accomplished what you wanted to do.
>>
>>142716523
It doesn't without epitaph. How many other people have two stands innately?
>>
>>142722787
Kira
>>
File: 1465345421958.jpg (160 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1465345421958.jpg
160 KB, 550x550
>>
>>142716523
I've already explained it to you multiple times, you should have understood by now. Look at all my posts that I've made.
>>
When king crimson do his stuff diavolo can just pove freely or can he also attack?

Also can someone explain to me what happened between stone ocean ending and steel ball run?
>>
File: 1464966081005.jpg (22 KB, 318x483) Image search: [Google]
1464966081005.jpg
22 KB, 318x483
>>142716988
You motherfucker
Starless is their best song
>>
>>142722814
I don't know if I'd call Sheer Heart Attack or Killer Queen Bites the Dust stands, they're more abilities of Killer Queen itself.
>>
File: king crimsons at it again.gif (2 MB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
king crimsons at it again.gif
2 MB, 500x362
it would have been easier to explain if KC powers were slightly different

like people could understand
he erases the next 5 seconds, over the next 5 seconds nothing counts

or

he can erase the last 5 seconds
everything that happens doesn't count

but he's more in the middle folding time together

like if you tore out a page of a comic
the page after the one you tore still is the same its just no one can recall anything from that page
>>
>>142717575
What would stop someone from causing a massive explosion that Diavolo can't get out of range of? Can he survive a nuke?
>>
File: 1402358099230.jpg (71 KB, 359x403) Image search: [Google]
1402358099230.jpg
71 KB, 359x403
>>142716523
So there exists a plane of stuff in which the thing that does the thing does this stuff and when the stuff is done it creates and erased place of things that exist in which I have sex with your mom. It functions properly.
>>
>>142716523
It teleports things to where they will be x number of seconds later.

If someone shoots a bullet at him, he can make it teleport behind him without hurting himself, because it would've gone there in x seconds.

He can teleport wherever he likes because he's the one activating it. With Epitaph, he can predict and teleport accordingly.

That's why dripping blood works so well. The blood teleports to the ground when he activates his ability.
He can't attack during the "skipped time" because it's literally just teleportation.

The time skip explanation is over-complicated.
>>
>>142716767
or we skip the throwing part and the ball just skips from your hand to where it would have landed, which im pretty sure is how he evaded some of Metallica's attacks
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.