[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thunderbolt Fantasy: Touri-ken Yuuki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: p_mainv.jpg (392 KB, 745x1070) Image search: [Google]
p_mainv.jpg
392 KB, 745x1070
>Confirmed Staff:
Original Work: Thunderbolt Fantasy Project
Original Plan / Screenplay / Chief Supervision: Urobuchi Gen
Physical Effects / Photography: Pili International Multimedia
Character Design: Nitroplus (Mimori Shinobu, Genkaku, Nishii, Chuuou Higashiguchi)
Modeling Advisor: Good Smile Company
Music: Sawano Hiroyuki
Sound Direction: Iwanami Yoshikazu
Theme Song: "RAIMEI" by T.M.Revolution

New Trailer:
https://youtu.be/_5IjA8NvWiQ

Are you ready for next Butcher's masterpiece?
>>
Looks like it might be cool. Do we know if this will be subbed?
>>
Yeah this is the famous puppet show. However, it doesn't have its place here as it is neither anime nor manga.

>Sawano
How to ruin your show 101
>>
>>142693773
> it doesn't have its place here as it is neither anime nor manga.
Technically is.
Puppetmation is respected "animation" technique. Not mention that whole nature of project is otaku centered. And since its Television project, it can be placed here.
>>
>>142693773

Lol of fucking course it is Sawano. We didn't get one fucking season before Sony forced him onto something again. Absolutely unfucking believable
>>
Fucking Sawano again. Are you seriously fucking kidding me. Why is Urobuchi x Sawano forever the answer
>>
>>142692019
It's an Urobuchi work where he gets total control just like his VN days, it's bound to be entertaining.
>>
>Gen Urobuchi
>Hiroyuki Sawano

And this is why this industry is boring as fuck even if it's just a puppet show thing. Same combinations of the same damn people that always turn out like shit over and over. Hopefully people don't just blindly watch this show and call everything about it a masterpiece again and better than actual anime but they probably will.
>>
>>142695315
>And this is why this industry is boring as fuck even if it's just a puppet show thing. Same combinations of the same damn people

It's not about the industry though, Urobuchi just happened to love wuxia puppets and asked Sawano to do the OST.
>>
>>142695822

It's obviously Sony doing the music and forcing him in there along with TMR because somehow he's still the trendiest thing in "anime" music. Urobuchi has spent over half his career in television at this point having Sony force either Kajiura or Sawano the two most overrated (for their recent efforts I mean) and overused composers out there onto him. Anyway if this is anything like his script writing efforts since Suisei no Gargantia it's just going to be absolute dogshit anyway so it's kind of like whatever at this point. If people still see him and Sawano as guarantees that a given TV show will be an absolute masterpiece given recent trends then I don't know what to say to them other than go for it.
>>
>>142696124
No, in the website it says Urobuchi asked TMR personally to do the theme music.
It's an Urobuchi project, like with his VNs where he gets to decide on all the creative decisions.
>>
>>142696426

I'm pretty sure that's just typical PR covering for the production committee decisions but okay take it at face value
>>
>>142696480
And I'm sure you're just a paranoid asshole who's got no sources other than your own paranoid ass
It's a fact that this is a passion project for Urobuchi.
Sorry that he picks staff that triggers you because "muh Sony"
>>
>>142697071

Cause I fucking know better at this point. Anyway it continues to mystify me that people can still find Sawano this interesting even though he's the most constant name in anime and related soundtrack composition right now. Generally interest in things goes down over time as they get more and more exposure and eventually start to trend out but this guy is just as popular as he was 3 years ago despite each successive soundtrack featuring less tracks and less variety among them in general. Like I'd get it if each soundtrack sounded different or experimented in some way like Yoko Kanno or virtually anyone not affiliated with Sony Music but watching the trailer again you could just substitute Kabaneri of The Iron Fortresses again and nobody would be the wiser just like you could have mixed Owari no Seraph tracks into Kabaneri and it'd fit just as well. What's the bloody point of Sawano that makes him stand out anymore besides trendiness for the sake of trendiness and getting mashed up with other slightly less overexposed names on big hype projects?
>>
>>142697617
>Cause I fucking know better at this point
So you pulled it out of your ass, okay
You can hate Sawano as much a you want, but that's no justification to make up shit about the production when official sources say otherwise
And I'll trust official sources over an angry anonymous dude on the internet every time
>>
>>142697922

Alright so when the inevitable BD box set comes out from Sony Music Distribution and it's clear as day whose really been behind this project and calling the shots all along and that's it's sure as fuck not Gen Urobuchi, Pili and Nitroplus who are there to act as the face and propaganda of it so it sells to their fanboys we'll see what's up. Can't wait, like I just know it at this point even if nobody else does.
>>
>>142699426
Whatever you say, you paranoid retard
Whatever you say
You sound like a crazy conspirancy theorist
When your only source is "I know official sources are lying because I'm an special snowflake who knows the truth while ignorant masses eat the lies of the evil official sources",
you should stop
Now kill yourself, you paranoid delusional retard
>>
>>142700433
There is no need to argue with Aniplex guy, he's literally autistic.
>>
File: A.U.T.I.S.M..gif (512 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
A.U.T.I.S.M..gif
512 KB, 480x270
>>142700511
As a neutral bystander: All 3 of you are autistic.
>>
>>142693773
>it's animated
>it's Japanese
It's anime, famalam. Puppet animation is still animation.
>>
So, has anyone here watched some other wuxia show before, puppet or not? Other than the Condor Heroes rehashes, everything I've tried looks kiddier than sentai (and with even shittier CGI).
>>
>>142700997
I've only watched some movies, and seems to me like it's the same thing over and over again but with a different twist each time. Still damn entertaining though.

The only subbed Pili production I could find is Legend of the Sacred Stone, which turned out to be a great wuxia film. There is a nip dub too.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.