[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Girl fights a guy >She gets absolutely destroyed and brutalized,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: videl owned.jpg (703 KB, 1280x1200) Image search: [Google]
videl owned.jpg
703 KB, 1280x1200
>Girl fights a guy
>She gets absolutely destroyed and brutalized, everybody looking on with horror

How the heck did they get away with this back in the day? Can you even imagine a show on Western TV pulling this off today?
>>
Those were simpler times, alas
>>
>>142579997
>Can you even imagine a show on Western TV pulling this off today?
Game of Thrones featured stabbing a pregnant woman and torturing a whore.
>>
>>142580615
But muh PC, feminist, western media!
>>
>>142579997

Despite the tears near the end, Videl still took it like a champ.
>>
>tfw this was Videl's peak in the series
>tfw Videl will never even be a match for Yamcha

I remember when I watched DBZ for the first time, I was expecting Videl to eventually get trained to fight on the level of the rest of the Z fighters. That she'd be part of a second generation of fighters. I am still salty to this day that it never came to pass.
>>
>>142581032

after chichi and 18?
>>
>>142581032
>tfw Videl will never even be a match for >Yamcha
>The guy who ultimately wanted to get married and have a family.
>Videl took some days to learn some shit he took a year to learn

Anon...
>>
>>142581132
Neither of them were ever portrayed as the heroic fighter types. Chichi already had the babymaker mindset as a loli, and 18 was clearly more interested in doing her own thing than saving the world. The reason I got so hyped for Videl was because her introduction painted her as prime Z fighter material.
>>
>>142581032
It was never going to happen.

If 18 had already gotten passed over, Videl stood no chance.
>>
>>142579997
It's made in Japan. Western feminists can't stop them.
>>
>>142580615

That's different. The female audience for GOT tends to be the desperate housewife type. Feminist power women see GRR as a disgusting shitlord.

Of the few feminists who do watch GOT, they are too turned on by the hot men to think clearly about muh equality.

Dragonball, by comparison, is easy bait. Children's show and children's medium? To tumblr!
>>
>>142579997
Can they even get away with that in Japan now? I think the waifu anger backlash would be too much.
>>
She was an example

Girls should not fight in a shounen
It will only turn out badly for them
>>
>>142581249
She stopped training some time afterward. She maybe could have caught up, but she quit.
>>
>>142582072

Perhaps, but it's like you're sorta implying that Yamcha didn't quit.

Has Yamcha done anything relevant in latest two movies or the entirety of Super?
>>
>>142579997
Avatar and Korra has WAY more brutal fights, just without the blood
>>
File: Garnet_Death.png (136 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Garnet_Death.png
136 KB, 640x360
>>142579997
>Can you even imagine a show on Western TV pulling this off today?
>>
>>142583645
Does Korra has a male character mercilessly beating a female character?
>>
>>142582009
Dragon Ball managed to completely avoid the moral guardians somehow. Pokemon and Harry Potter both got called Satanic, but Dragon Ball ended with the entire world literally praising Satan and declaring him their savior.
>>
>>142583994
They probably didn't have the patience to make it that far into DBZ
>>
>>142583994

Well it was in a weird time, it started kinda of Anime bubble that burst after it ended more or less.

It made anime popular before moral guardians taking notice and anime died down before then taking notice, they really only go for at the moment popular things.
>>
>>142582072
Would YOU have continued training if you took a beating like this so savage you literally would have died if not for senzu bean magic?

I respect her for taking it like a champ and bailing out to settle down.
>>
>>142584147
She didn't really bail out, did she? She's Saiyaman 2.

Unless that's a movie only thing.
>>
>>142583994
they very deliberately dodged calling him Satan all throughout the dub though
>>
>>142584508
What dub were you watching? They called him Mr. Satan all the time.
>>
get away with what?

The villain doing villain things?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.