[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aside from Netoge, when are we going to get a deconstruction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /a/ - Anime & Manga

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: japan_culture_hikikomori_05.jpg (37 KB, 490x278) Image search: [Google]
japan_culture_hikikomori_05.jpg
37 KB, 490x278
Aside from Netoge, when are we going to get a deconstruction of the VRMMORPG genre?
>>
>>142511038
>a deconstruction of
You don't know what that word means do you?

You want a satire or a parody?
>>
>>142511296
>Deconstruction: a critical outlook concerned with the relationship between text and meaning.
>>
>>142511381
Yes. Well done. Now notice how it's not a genre but a type of criticism.
>>
>>142511533
A criticism of a genre.
>>
File: 1390074978007.jpg (25 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
1390074978007.jpg
25 KB, 263x263
I've had enough of that shit unless its Overlord type shit, Overlord was fucking magical.
>>
>>142511038
Why does a genre that only has a tiny handful of shows in it need to be deconstructed?
>>
>>142511649
There's about 3 every season.
>>
>>142511038
>netoge
>deconstruction

Are you retarded?
>>
>>142511038
>VRMMORPG genre
That's not a genre. That's a setting.
>>
>>142511757
Are you?
>>
Aside from Watamote, when are we going to get a deconstruction of the high school genre?
>>
>>142511766
I meant to write the Japan genre instead.
Forgive me.
>>
>>142511797
No u
>>
File: HUE.png (340 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
HUE.png
340 KB, 480x640
ASIDE FROM LULUCO WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A DECONSTRUCTION OF THE SPACE GENRE?
>>
>>142511726
Most of that stuff is isekai/reincarnation and has absolutely nothing to do with (VR)MMOs. And the game-like aspects are much closer to JRPG than MMO anyway.

The only recent shows that were actually set in VRMMOs were SAO and Accel World. Log Horizon is technically isekai, but the world, characters and mechanics are all the same as their game, so it's close enough. Overlord, not quite so much.
>>
>>142511815
No, that's the room genre.
>>
Deconstruction: Any series that's intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>142511924
Grimgar and that other one with the white haired kid and the breasts are MMO shows.
Bucket is a shovel and all that.
>>
>>142511038
Isn't this literally
"EH, WHAT WAS THAT" anime with online game settings?

Man, so boring.
>>
>>142512153
>high school setting
>she constantly tries not to go
Actually, that's not a bad example of a deconstruction, well, almost.
>>
Did you know that a show's narrative and themes can't actually serve as an analysis to the tropes and staples of a medium or genre?

You should all stop using the word deconstruction, since you obliviously don't know what it means.
>>
>>142512446
It theoretically could, like if you had an anime which was about a series of anime characters watching an anime and analysing it.
>>
>>142512221
>Grimgar
Isekai

>Danmachi
Fantasy

I mean if you want to call it all MMO because fantasy setting and RPG mechanics then whatever, I get it, but neither of them have anything to do with Massively Multiplayer Online games. Personally I just think of them as JRPG-inspired fantasy, while MMO shows are ones that are actually about MMOs.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.